Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Mystery S.C. nominee has pending felony charge

Redskins Diehard

You should understand that i don't care if Republicans or Democrats or Red Chinese did this. (Although I'd understand it better if the Chinese did it.)

It's shameful. It's a disgusting mockery of what we are supposed to be all about.

And THAT is what I'm upset about. Period.

My logic is based on all the other shenaigans that keep escalating around our elections, and yours is based on the belief that voter apathy either allowed

A/ the only Dems who cared enough to vote actually voted for an unemployed alleged felon who lives with his parents and has no platform, who's name they didn't even know

or B/ a bunch of people trying to tip the scale of the election to take advantage of said apathy went ahead and voted for a guy that they knew was a joke.

In your apathy scenario, which one of those is more apt to be correct?

Also, i notice my question hasn't been answered from my last post.

Would anyone here have voted for this guy given all you didn't know about him on Monday? (Like his NAME)

And if not, why are you so ready to believe THEY would?

~Bang

Were you equally disgusted when the Joke candidate actually won the election? (Jesse Venture and Al Franken come to mind as Fringe Joke candidates that actually won)

Were you equally disgusted when the Joke candidate actually won the election? (Jesse Venture and Al Franken come to mind as Fringe Joke candidates that actually won)

I can't speak for Ventura, but Al Franken was hardly a joke candidate. Watch any interview with him - he is sharp as nails and totally on top of the issues.

Besides, it is a fine American tradition to elect people to public office because we got to know them as celebrities. Look at Governor Ahnold, or Sonny Bono, or Fred Grandy (Cooter), or Tom Osborne, or, for that matter, Ronald Reagan.

Are you not bothered by the implications of this? No matter which way it plays out, none of it is any good and smacks of the third world.

Are you just fine with people trying to manipulate elections in this manner?

Who cares what you think may have happened in the past. if those two are indeed examples of this type of bull****, you'd think you'd be more eager to stop it than to make some pointless distraction bullets about past outrage.

Focus. Look what is going on in our country. Who cares how long it has been going on. It's no longer the point. The choice is to try and make our 'leaders' stop it or tolerate it some more. If it's going on and we have any conviction, then we condemn it and try to stop it, right?

Is it easier to fold your arms, stick up your nose and declare for past qualifications of calling bull**** where it's happening?

~Bang

I can't speak for Ventura, but Al Franken was hardly a joke candidate. Watch any interview with him - he is sharp as nails and totally on top of the issues.

Besides, it is a fine American tradition to elect people to public office because we got to know them as celebrities. Look at Governor Ahnold, or Sonny Bono, or Fred Grandy (Cooter), or Tom Osborne, or, for that matter, Ronald Reagan.

COME ON MAN!!!!

Fred Grandy was Gopher on Love Boat.

Ben Jones was cooter on Dukes of Hazzard.

Both were elected to Congress.

Also, i notice my question hasn't been answered from my last post.

Would anyone here have voted for this guy given all you didn't know about him on Monday? (Like his NAME)

And if not, why are you so ready to believe THEY would?

~Bang

some examples for you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/16/AR2010061605692.html?hpid=topnews

----

"Here's how it happened, I'll be honest," he begins, eyeing his hamburger at the restaurant in a Piggly Wiggly grocery. "In between work and lunch, I went to vote. His name was at the top of the ballot. And I just voted for him. Didn't find out anything about him until I saw him on the news for that sex investigation and I said: 'Lord have mercy. I voted for this dude!' "

-----

"But this is a die-hard Republican state," Ronnie says. "Why would the Republicans have to plant someone? They know they'll win. It boils down to this: People went out and pulled the first name on the ballot. I did a little survey. Six friends of mine. Five said they did exactly what I did. Just voted for the dude. And these five people didn't fall off no garbage truck, either. These are educated people."

-----

That evening, LaToya Thompson, 35, is sitting at an outdoor cafe near downtown. She works in customer service for a cable company. She, too, cast her ballot for Greene, whom she had never heard of, never seen, and never read any literature about. "I voted for him, to be honest, because he had the same last name as a friend of mine," she says. She shrugs her shoulders. "Listen, our governor went to Argentina to see his mistress with my tax money. Alvin Greene is just falling into the South Carolina scheme of things. He's being a politician."

-----

Seems like these people are making a pretty big mockery of our democracy. I wonder if they are the only ones....

:ols:

So they went looking for and found two people that voted for him. They could probably find a few dozen that voted for Mickey Mouse if they wanted to.

And this means 2 idiots are representative of an entire state?

I'll go back to my analogy of examining what is on the bottom of your shoe. The lab just sent back a report that said the substance is comprised of .003% beef.. so you're going to see that as evidence that you stepped in a hamburger?

~Bang

It will be interesting to hear how this guy ended up on the ballot though. I don't think he suddenly got self-inspired to run for state-wide office out of his parents' basement.

Maybe he was inspired by Obama and encouraged by family?

I'm still finding it hard to believe this guy was in Air Force intelligence,either that is wrong or he is the worst interviewee in history.

This is like watching a slow motion trainwreck:silly:

:ols:

So they found two people that voted for him. They could probably find a few dozen that voted for Mickey Mouse if they wanted to.

And this means 2 idiots are representative of an entire state?

I'll go back to my analogy of examining what is on the bottom of your shoe. The lab just sent back a report that said the substance is comprised of .003% beef.. so you're going to see that as evidence that you stepped in a hamburger?

~Bang

Reading is FUNdamental.

Obvious you didn't read or understand the article.

You might want to check your own shoes as well.

Reading is FUNdamental.

Obvious you didn't read or understand the article.

You might want to check your own shoes as well.

I read it twice. Three times now that you've claimed I didn't.

I still find exactly two quotes from people who say they voted for him.

I find several from people who bvelieve there was some shenanigans going on.

But still, Only LaToya Thompson and the part owner of the Piggly Wiggly who actually say they did.

There are at least four quotes from people saying they believe that some tampering occured, and there's some speculation as to what happened, and there's the allusion to the 3 dozen people who look at him as if "asked to swallow castor oil" when asked if they voted for him.

I am wondering if you've comprehended what appears to be an article you've posted but didn't quite get.

Now, I notice yesterday when asked direct questions about somehing you said you never posted again, so let's try to answer this time.

Why don't you tell me what it says that I'm missing?

~Bang

:ols: Well done SC Dems....you are all over this election thing!

What a disaster! :ols::ols: Stupid, stupid voters. :ols:

South Carolina is a weird place. Have you seen the The Daily Show episodes where he recaps all the the crazy national stories (political and non-political) coming out of SC? It is hilarious. Something is in the water up there.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/06/17/1508015/sc-dems-uphold-us-senate-primary.html#storylink=omni_popular

SC Dems uphold US Senate primary shocker

COLUMBIA, S.C. South Carolina Democratic Party officials on Thursday upheld a surprising U.S. Senate primary win by an unemployed military veteran, rejecting a protest lodged by their favored candidate that could have required a new vote.

The party's executive committee decided there was not enough evidence of impropriety to nullify the June 8 election victory by Alvin Greene, a 32-year-old who lives with his father and waged no visible campaign against a former lawmaker.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/06/17/1508015/sc-dems-uphold-us-senate-primary.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz0rCXAYqHN

Probably the right decision not to re-vote, but it sure smells fishy. Hope the Repub is a good candidate and will do right by SC and by extention all of us.

DeMint would have cleaned up no matter who ran against him. Thats the main reason why I doubted any GOP influence in this Greene character. It's nothing but a simple case of voter laziness and stupidity by voting for the first name on a ballot.

How long do we wait for the Dem *** to appologize for the Elephant Dung coment?

About as long as it takes them to address voting irregularities alleged.

Nothing to see here, not enough evidence...till the next time they trot out the excuse:silly:

Personally, I dont care that this guy won in SC. SC is a joke in general.

But, I actually think Al Franken is currently one of the best Senators in the country. He never ran as a joke and he has never treated the office or his responsibilities as a joke. People can't separate the fact that he was a professional comedian in the past with what he does now.

Like Austin is populated with normal folk.;)

:ols: True.

People also need to realize that these things DO happen - but usually on a smaller scale. This sort of thing actually happened just recently out in your area TWA. In Sugar Land (very Conservative area outside Houston) the Democratic nominee for US Congress is an open La Roucher. She openly calls Obama a Nazi and is running on a platform to impeach Obama - full on crazy person. She won the Democratic primary. . . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

in another interesting twist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/28/alvin-greene-probe-underw_n_628043.html

(AP) - The chief of South Carolina's state police says his agency is trying to determine how unemployed U.S. Senate candidate Alvin Greene got the money to pay his filing fee in the Democratic primary and if Greene broke any laws by the way he presented his financial situation in a court case.

But a spokesman for the state attorney general's office, whose authorization is needed for the subpoenas, says no application had been received as of late Monday morning.

A Republican state lawmaker had asked SLED to investigate how Greene had come up with the money, saying the unemployed man who lives at home with his father may owe the government money if it's proven he didn't need a publicly paid lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived