Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Mystery S.C. nominee has pending felony charge

Redskins Diehard

Alvin Greene has been on the phone all day. That's to be expected for the guy who just won South Carolina's Democratic Senate primary and is facing incumbent Republican Jim DeMint in November. But everyone calling Greene has just been trying to find out who the heck he is — and one thing reporters learned Tuesday is that a criminal complaint was sworn out against him last year for allegedly showing obscene photos to a South Carolina college student and suggesting they go to her dorm room.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl2500

----------------------------------------------------------------------

:ols: Well done SC Dems....you are all over this election thing!

What a doofus. Does he really think in this day and age people wouldn't find out! Besides, this isn't France. In France, this would ensure his election. Didn't they elect a rapist Prime Minister at one point... or was that Italy. I think it was France.

a criminal complaint was sworn out against him last year for allegedly showing obscene photos to a South Carolina college student and suggesting they go to her dorm room.

Wait a minute...That's a crime?:paranoid:

a criminal complaint was sworn out against him last year for allegedly showing obscene photos to a South Carolina college student and suggesting they go to her dorm room.

Well, South Carolina is a little more sophisticated than Texas.

(I'm assuming she was an underaged college coed)

oh, this has nothing to do with the dems. the gop pulled off a brilliant move. :ols:

greene is unemployed. lives with his parents. pending felony charge. gop operatives in sc are laughing all the way to november. :ols:

LOL. South Carolina politics is... kind of mindboggling.

It's not as if the GOP really had anything to worry about. Jim DeMint will get reelected in South Carolina for the next 40 years, if he wants.

Ugh. Just read the article.

Greene's candidacy has raised suspicions that he may have been induced to run by Republican operatives in order to sow dissension in the Democratic ranks. It's not uncommon in South Carolina for Republicans to recruit African-American challengers to run against white frontrunners in Democratic primaries in the hope of drumming up racial tensions. (Greene is black.) The straw candidates aren't supposed to win — they're just supposed to create a racially divisive primary to damage the candidate's ability to put together a coalition in the general election.

It's nothing new to Nu Wexler, the former executive director of the South Carolina Democratic Party. "In 2004, on the last day you could file to run in the primary, we were wrapping things up when an SUV with a Bush-Cheney sticker dropped off three black guys who came in to file to run in some local races, and they all paid the filing fee with sequentially numbered cashier's checks from a local credit union," he said. In 1990, famed South Carolina political consultant Rod Shealy was convicted of violating campaign laws after recruiting a black candidate to run in a GOP primary for lieutenant governor in the hope of drawing out racist voters — a maneuver he thought would bolster support for his candidate.

Stay classy, South Carolina. :)

A guy did that to 17 year old and her Dad Tasered him.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/152908-father-tasers-man-who-texted-picture-his-junk-his-daughter.html

:ols: :ols: Makin' a MOCKERY of our democracy!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:ols::laugh::ols::ols:

Manipulating the electorate with cheap tricks and underhanded bull****!!!

HAW!HAW!HAW!HAW!HAW!HAW!

It's a laff riot, I tells ya!

It's exactly what the founders envisioned!

:ols::ols:

Oh, man! :hysterical:

It' ****in' KILLIN' me!

~Barf

:ols: :ols: Makin' a MOCKERY of our democracy!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:ols::laugh::ols::ols:

Manipulating the electorate with cheap tricks and underhanded bull****!!!

HAW!HAW!HAW!HAW!HAW!HAW!

It's a laff riot, I tells ya!

It's exactly what the founders envisioned!

:ols::ols:

Oh, man! :hysterical:

It' ****in' KILLIN' me!

~Barf

Dude if the "electorate" is so stupid as to not be able to differentiate between a legitimate candidate and this guy then should they really be deciding elections?

Dude if the "electorate" is so stupid as to not be able to differentiate between a legitimate candidate and this guy then should they really be deciding elections?

Not a bad idea at all. Every sucker deserves to be taken advantage of, is that it? Do you REALLY believe that anyone is that stupid? You know some democrats, I'm sure. Are any of them, and i mean ANY of them THAT stupid?

May as well just remove them from the equation and save everyone the trouble of finding phony candidates to prop up.

Since it's a primary, and people of both parties may vote in a primary, I wonder how many of those people who voted for the felon who lives with his parents are actually democrats? For that matter, how many of them actually exist? Or were bussed in from Mexico? Or are dogs?

Seriously, anyone who can do this has absolutely NO right to complain about ACORN, Bussing in illegals, counting dead people, dogs voting,, nothing.

God Bless America, home of the crook. If you can believe that many people voted legitimately for an unemployed candidate with a felony charge and no platform, you will not only swallow anything, but you enable this sort of **** as badly as people who laugh and call it "brilliant".

~Bang

Not a bad idea at all. Every sucker deserves to be taken advantage of, is that it? Do you REALLY believe that anyone is that stupid? You know some democrats, I'm sure. Are any of them, and i mean ANY of them THAT stupid?

May as well just remove them from the equation and save everyone the trouble of finding phony candidates to prop up.

Since it's a primary, and people of both parties may vote in a primary, I wonder how many of those people who voted for the felon who lives with his parents are actually democrats? For that matter, how many of them actually exist? Or were bussed in from Mexico? Or are dogs?

Seriously, anyone who can do this has absolutely NO right to complain about ACORN, Bussing in illegals, counting dead people, dogs voting,, nothing.

God Bless America, home of the crook. If you can believe that many people voted legitimately for an unemployed candidate with a felony charge and no platform, you will not only swallow anything, but you enable this sort of **** as badly as people who laugh and call it "brilliant".

~Bang

From the article:

Greene denies that he's a plant. But even if he is, the lack of an actual campaign seems to indicate that whatever plan he might have been a part of was quickly abandoned. Wexler says there may never have even been much of a strategy: "You have consultants doing this kind of thing just because they get bored, and they want something to tell good stories about. It's almost like fraternity pranks."

Greene's success is a testament both to the lackluster quality of the campaign run by Rawl (who raised $186,000 and ran ads) and to the, um, peculiar voting habits of South Carolinians. State Democratic Party Chairwoman Carol Fowler speculated to AP that Greene won because his name came before Rawl's on the ballot. Wexler says Greene is a "big name in South Carolina."

Unless there has been an update, it doesn't sound like much shenanigans took place. Even the Democratic Party Chairwoman is coming up with other reasons for this doofus winning lol...

A little more:

After The Associated Press reported Greene's charge Wednesday, the leader of the state Democratic party said she asked Greene to withdraw from the race.

"I did not do this lightly, as I believe strongly that the Democratic voters of this state have the right to select our nominee," Fowler said. "But this new information about Mr. Greene ... would certainly have affected the decisions of many of those voters."...

You gotta figure that SOMETHING sneaky was going on, but right now nobody is claiming that in SC lol...

Is it possible to be an underage college coed? lol :ols:
Didn't the Nats just draft an underaged Brice Harper,17, college student??

Yeah, my Freshman year I was 17. Egads, to be defended by Navy Dave twice! First, he agreed with a position I took earlier this week, then he backs up a point I made. Surely, has been a strange week.

Yeah, my Freshman year I was 17. Egads, to be defended by Navy Dave twice! First, he agreed with a position I took earlier this week, then he backs up a point I made. Surely, has been a strange week.

For the record, I read that the coed was 18 lol :yes:...

For the record, I read that the coed was 18 lol :yes:...

Eh, what do facts matter :pfft:

I suppose it was an obsenity law then and the trying to get her to bed wasn't part of the crime. Failed seduction isn't criminal. Although, I suppose the charge could have been harrassment.

(Burgold, if you'd only read the articles you'd know. What's with all this wasteful idol speculation.)

~Bang

Are you up in arms over the electorate being manipulated or the Republicans secretly voting for a loser candidate in the Democratic primary? Or just generally up in arms?

My response was directed towards those that were, in your words, manipulated to vote for this guy.

And to answer your question...yes, I do believe that there are people that are REALLY that stupid. Or if not stupid definitely willing to vote for someone based on something other than even a cursory examination of their qualifications. Happens every election and in my opinion that makes as much of a mockery of our democracy as the so called shenanigans you have knowledge of here.

Archived