Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you agree with my 5 Star Movie list?

HRNY4ZRNY

Also, your list is missing some tremendous films. I don't know it's because you haven't seen them yet or because you didn't like them. I could make a whole 'nother list of them, but I wouldn't want to hijack the thread.

Hijack away dude. I like discussing this stuff.

Hijack away dude. I like discussing this stuff.

Alright, let's go by genre (if I do mention something you already mentioned, please excuse me).

In bold are in my top 25

Dark comedy: Dr. Strangelove (Or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the Bomb), Network, MASH, Annie Hall, Pygmalion

Light comedy: Night at the Opera, The Philadelphia Story, Blazing Saddles, Caddyshack, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sports: Rocky, Hoosiers, Cobb, The Sandlot (not really an American classic, but I've always had a soft spot for it), Any Given Sunday

Gangster Flick: Godfather's I and II, Goodfellas, Scarface (both 1930s and 1980s)

Musicals: My Fair Lady, Singin' in the Rain, Cabaret, West Side Story (the acting wasn't the best, but that score was incredible), The Wizard of Oz

Cops/Spies/Private I's: Chinatown, The Untouchables, The Magnificent Seven, The Maltese Falcon, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Animated: Toy Story, Up, Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King

War: The Longest Day, Apocalypse Now, Saving Private Ryan, Bridge Over the River Kwai (with one of my all time favorite performances from Sir Alec Guinness), Full Metal Jacket

Hitch**** (yes, the man gets his own category): Vertigo, North by Northwest, Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, Psycho

Just a brief list. I know I'm forgetting many, MANY more.

super bad is poop

rest of the movies are good, but not great/perfect/awesom/"5 star"

$0.02

I also think that if you have unfulfilled potential as far as couch potato/movie watching skills go... expand away from the big blockbuster movies. I'm not saying go all avante-garde/indie, but there's a lot of movies out there that you could enjoy outside that scope.

not even near a 5 star movie, but still, it certainly did surprise me as being an entertaining movie.

How can this not be on the list: Shawshank Redemption.

The dance Katt williams does while stalling the wedding has my wife and I rolling every time.

Some good picks. The one I strongly disagree with is Dark Knight and Batman Begins. The way I see it, just because a superhero movie actually has some depth to it doesn't mean it's some all-time movie. Dark Knight was very good, but some people want to put it over The Godfather.

Superbad really?

Big and Speed, great movies.

Judging by a few movies on your list, you need to watch better movies.

I agree. Seems like a lot of fun/easy to watch movies on your list instead of great films.

Like the other poster said, you need some Guy Ritchie on there. And what about Clint? Check out "City of God". It's a foreign language film, but you'll be entertained, and it's better than most of the stuff on your list.

Archived