Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which QB has the perfect throwing motion?

darrelgreenie

Simple question.(For my own personal interest)

Which current QB or QBs do you think have the best/purest/most fluid/efficient/graceful aesthetically pleasing throwing motion?

I'm not neccesarily asking who is the best QB or who has the strongest arm.

I'm just looking at the throwing motion/mechanics from a pure *aesthetics view point.

(Like Will Clark for baseball swing or Ray Allen for jumpshot)

It doesn't have to be just 1 pick as many as you want

Well I'd have to say that the last SB with Peyton vs. Brees was one of the best pure-passer matchups the game has seen in a long time. I'd day Peyton has some of the best mechanics and a good fluid throwing motion. Brees isn't as pretty, but he's more effective it seems, so it's kinda hard to say...

Being honest....

Brady, Romo sits to pee and Brees have smooth deliveries especially on play action.

Brady's bombs, Romo sits to pee's dart like release and Brees just makes all his passes look good.

BT---Ken Griffey had a better swing than Will Clark

Found this on another forum it was talked about over a year ago tho....

Here the link just incase anyone wants to read the convo they had.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=392067

This is in order, #1 being the best:

1. Tom Brady-Without a doubt the most mechanically sound QB today and perhaps ever. You will hardly ever see Tom Brady throw a ball without stepping up or leaning into it. If he isn't able to go into his throwing motion from pressure, he won't throw it. I've never seen Tom Brady throw off his back-foot unbalanced besides this past year after returning from the ACL and being out of football for a year. That was only expected due to trying to get back in form and being paranoid about the knee. Tom always positions himself to make the right throw under the right circumstances. His delivery is high as it should be and he has a great follow-through. I've never seen another QB have better mechanics than him in my 12 years watching football.

2. Drew Brees-At only 6 ft., which is considered really short for a QB, Brees uses great mechanics to make up for his lack of size, which translates him to being an elite QB today. What I really notice about him is that his release is really high and that makes him throw like he is 6'4"+ like the prototype NFL QB size. Without a doubt, he has the highest release of all NFL QBs today. He has a strong shoulder and great "swing" on the throw, which give him the great arching zip that his ball demonstrates. With his quick sure feet, I love how he almost literally runs to "step up" to throw the ball, which gives it great velocity and zip.

3. Mark Sanchez-Pay attention. This kid has solid mechanical form and you can tell he emphasizes big on it. I don't pay attention to college football, but last year, when I watched the scouting on him coming into the draft, I was struck right away by his mechanics, which is something major I look at when I analyze QBs. He's had the best mechanics I've seen from a QB coming out of college into the NFL in quite a long time. One thing I notice about him is that he always squares up and faces his targets before throwing to ensure good vision and accuracy. He knows how to step away from pressure and stay in form to make a good throw. With more experience, he will learn to rid of throwing off balance and "one legged" when pressure is upon him, as that is normal for any young QB adapting to the NFL. This guy is gonna turn into a solid QB.

4. Matt Ryan-A prototype pocket passer in today's NFL. Ryan reminds me a lot of Tom Brady. Puts great touch on his throws and knows how to control his velocity. He has a classic throwing motion and has a good arc on his release. Very good timing and keeps his eyes focused downfield when pressured, which is a big plus for a young QB in the league.

5. Brett Favre-A true gunslinger. Favre, having been a pitcher in baseball really helps his asset as an NFL QB. One of the most powerful arms to ever throw in NFL history. Favre has great velocity on his balls because he, similar to Brees, likes to run up and puts great arc on his throwing motion to increase velocity. He grips the ball hard, keeps his feet ready to make a throw in all situations and is always facing his target.

doesn't Vick have a really nice throwing motion? I remember watching a vid about how high schoolers watching him as an example of a good throwing motion. Good wrist snap.

Yes it is a thing of beauty. Perfection really

Flick of the wrist, quick short release, 60 yards down the field in no time.

Tony Romo sits to pee has a great release. Flacco is another. Manning and Brees are obvious

People will fall in love with how Sam Bradford throws the ball

Throwing a pretty ball and being accurate with the ball are 2 different things, just like having massive arm strength and being elite. People shouldn't forget their 2 different things. Some of the best passers in the NFL have been some of the ugliest throwers in my opinion.

I think Cutler's throwing motion is cool. Is it effective? Meh I don't know but it looks pretty cool.

The way P. Manning chops his feet in the pocket with the ball held high ready to throw is A+

I always thought Romo sits to pee's release looked kinda fruity, but who am I kiddin =P

I would say leftwich has one of the worst wind ups

Archived