Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley Football Camp is Tomorrow!

KDawg

If you're attending with your little one, send me a PM. I'll let you know how to identify me. I'd love to meet alot of you, hopefully we have a good ES representation there.

They put together a great coaching staff and I'm honored to be a part of it, so make sure to send me that PM so that I can meet you and your youngsters.

Thanks folks!

KDawg, stopped by this morning and took in the camp. Talked to a few parents, but with 300 plus kids and it looked like 30 or so coaches, I didn't want to go out onto the the field and try and find you. Just too much coaching and teaching happening.

One of the parents was telling me that of all the Pro Camp events Cooley is the most involved celebrity. He looked the part to going from group to group teaching, running and interacting. Looked like fun. Another parent said he even designed the t-shirt and everyone gets a photo with him at the end of today. He also personally signs the photos. That is a lot of work and much appreciated with the kids attending.

Lorenzo Alexander goes a step further. He offers a free three day camp. Brought out 7 or 8 other players to help coach. Had cleats donated from the team and provided food for the kids on their way home. Also had the Skins training staff on site to help with first aid. 300 kids and 30 random coaches is nothing compared to 80 kids and a bunch of current players.

Cooley is a class act, 100%. There's no one on this team that personifies the terms "he's a Redskin" like Chris Cooley. He designed the shirts, he participated and today he announced the his wife was going to add on to this camp next year by also doing a cheerleading camp to accompany the football camp. I can't say all the great things he did. It would take entirely too long. I'm a major fan of his, especially now. He went out of his way for these kids in the biggest way.

If you're reading this. Thank you. Those kids had an experience they may never get again.

I hope to be back again next year.

Lorenzo Alexander goes a step further. He offers a free three day camp. Brought out 7 or 8 other players to help coach. Had cleats donated from the team and provided food for the kids on their way home. Also had the Skins training staff on site to help with first aid. 300 kids and 30 random coaches is nothing compared to 80 kids and a bunch of current players.

Its all for the kids dude. Its not a competition.

Why the hatred dude? Random coaches? Some of the best football people I've met were at that camp coaching. And as far as Lorenzo goes? Good on him for making a difference.

No need for dragging anyone down, skoal. I would think you'd learn that anything to benefit kids is a good thing at this point in your life.

Great job helping the kids. Like I said, "I consider you to be a HERO." Why? Because you are working with our future and with people like you, our future is only going to be brighter. If you can, thank the other coaches and anyone else that helped out.

Just got back to NJ. My son had a great time. He's a beginner and this was his first football camp experience and it went over in a big way with him, which makes me excited for him. This also has me motivated to look into more local, smaller camps.

Thanks being involved with this, kdawg. The kids really do appreciate it if my son is any indication. Here's hopin' to run into you again at an ES event or something sometime.

Thanks being involved with this, kdawg. The kids really do appreciate it if my son is any indication. Here's hopin' to run into you again at an ES event or something sometime.

I'm hoping to get down there for a game this year. We'll see what happens. It was a pleasure to meet you man.

Great meeting you Kdawg. My son had a blast and would like to do it again next year. Can't say enough how awesome Cooley and the coaches all were.

Appreciate that. We worked hard. I'm hoping to be coaching again next year as well! Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys soon.

Yeah for the kids. $200 a pop.

Hope you got a piece of that action Kdizzle.

You think Cooley is doing this for the money? I doubt he is sweating making his next mortgage payment and feels the need to clear about $3K after he has paid the expenses etc.

You think Cooley is doing this for the money? I doubt he is sweating making his next mortgage payment and feels the need to clear about $3K after he has paid the expenses etc.

Expenses? A couple t-shirts and renting a field. Half those coaches are unpaid. At max he drops 10k on expenses. Depending on how many kids he had out there. Thats a nice little 20k weekend. It would cover a trip to Vegas.

Expenses? A couple t-shirts and renting a field. Half those coaches are unpaid. At max he drops 10k on expenses. Depending on how many kids he had out there. Thats a nice little 20k weekend. It would cover a trip to Vegas.

You aren't even aware how this thing functioned. I'm not sure how you're slinging dirt when you don't even know how it's run. But for the record, the money that Cooley made, which isn't anywhere NEAR 20k, I believe is being donated to charity.

Did he run over your cat or are you always like this?

Lets say it is $20K he clears - do you think that amount is any way meaningful to Chris? In any case as KDawg has said any profit goes to a charitry. I know you probably did not realise that (I didn't) and thats why its often wise to hold back on criticism of something when you are not in possesion of the facts.

The company that runs and organizes these camps (Procamps) has a whole staff of folk from coaching staffers to program managers to account folk to retail and marketing folk that all need to get paid along with their travel expenses (company is based out of Cincinnati and the employees who setup, manage, and run the camp travel from there), the professional photographers, shirt printers, and so on...I'm sure less than you might think is going into the pocket of the pro-sponsor.

Frankly I don't care how the money ultimately ends up getting distributed. The experience my kid got and the fun he had this weekend was worth every penny.

"believes it goes to charity."

Chris does quite a bit of charity work. He is a great washingtonian. The intention of my inital post, was to shed some light on a guy that did a camp on a different scale. There was hardly any mention of the Lorenzo Alexander camp. It was free and run entirely by active roster players. And for kids like my little brother (who have limited funds) it was a great chance to learn the game.

Now had extremeskins been a part of it. I am sure we would have had 15 threads about the event. So in light of that I will forward on the info to his Lorenzo's ACES foundation and hopefully we can get some members more work.

Archived