Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McDonald's to recall 12 million 'Shrek' glasses

MSB 21

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-mcdonalds-recall-20100604,0,1192411.story

Federal regulators found the toxic metal in the paint after an anonymous tip to a California congresswoman.

Reporting from Washington —

McDonald's will recall about 12 million "Shrek" drinking glasses because federal regulators found they contain the toxic metal cadmium, which poses health risks.

The glasses have been sold for $2 apiece at McDonald's restaurants across the country as a promotional tie-in with the movie "Shrek Forever After." Purchasers will be advised to keep them away from children and to return them to McDonald's for a refund.

Oh thank God, maybe now they can stop running that awful commercial. On things like the NBA finals where Canadian TV companies rip the feed from a US station, they fill in their own commercials and that stupid Shrek McD's is on at least 2 times during every commercial break.

Cadmium? I've known cadmium was toxic for twenty five years. Ever since I first picked up a paint brush. How could someone make that mistake?

On the other hand, cadmium red and yellow are beautiful colors and I use them frequently on canvas.

well, I now have 4 glasses to return. That will be one cheap happy meal for the family day :-). Of course, I can't let the shrek loving kids see whatI am returning or there will be no happy in their meals.

Oh thank God, maybe now they can stop running that awful commercial. On things like the NBA finals where Canadian TV companies rip the feed from a US station, they fill in their own commercials and that stupid Shrek McD's is on at least 2 times during every commercial break.

Sounds pretty unbearable. I've never seen the commercial.

Cadmium? I've known cadmium was toxic for twenty five years. Ever since I first picked up a paint brush. How could someone make that mistake?

On the other hand, cadmium red and yellow are beautiful colors and I use them frequently on canvas.

You didn't pick up a paint brush until you were 16?

Archived