Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports.com - Skins a surprise candidate this season along with Niners and Titans

Ellis Dee

Well Alex Smith has more playmaking ability than Shaun Hill, but he also comes with a higher risk and downside as in, he makes the mistakes that lose football games. I think his highlight reel TDs to Vernon Davis early in his return as a starter made him look more favorable then he actually was overall.

Shaun Hill was more of a "I'll try not to screw this game up if we are ahead going into halftime" QB.

Well Alex Smith has more playmaking ability than Shaun Hill, but he also comes with a higher risk and downside as in, he makes the mistakes that lose football games. I think his highlight reel TDs to Vernon Davis early in his return as a starter made him look more favorable then he actually was overall.

Shaun Hill was more of a "I'll try not to screw this game up if we are ahead going into halftime" QB.

I'd agree with that. But I think SF's strong running game, even stronger now that they know what they have outside of Gore, along with a much improved offensive line with their draft picks, could allow him to play more "safe", if that's possible for him. We'll see I guess. He's obviously nothing they thought he'd be when they drafted him.

Shanahan's personnel decisions are different this year than in previous years with Denver. In Denver Shanahan brought in free agents and it was either hit or miss.. But this year he is bringing in stacks of players to compete every week for the starting position. During the regular season we will see players pushing each other unlike we've ever seen before in Washington. And it will be unlike anything recent in Denver as well.

Sounds on point. Everything around the offense will be better. If the Redskins can get big production out of Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, they will make some noise this coming season. We already know what Moss, and Cooley can do. We know what McNabb can do. I think the key to the offense in being successful depends on Kelly, D. THomas, and Fred Davis. These three have to have sensational production. Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker will be running hard. What if we have two rushers carry the ball for over 1,000 yards?

A new defense that has no free safety, one inside LB without a NT in front of him and an Offense that has another old and often injured QB coming in to play behind a suspect OL to say the least and in front of RBs older than dirt. Now throw in the WRs who have never came close to playing to their potential and god only knows who will end up playing special teams would seem to classify us as more of a miracle team than a suprise team to win 6 games. lol

As terrible as the Redskins were, they still beat Dallas and Philly in Zorns first try, and played a close game at least once last season. So "YES" it is possible to win this division this year, and with the arrival of Shanny and DMac, I think we're already better then Philly and maybe NY.

As far as the Sunday Night opener, we will throttle the Cowboys!

I like the moves we've made so far. We've done a complete 360 with personel and I think some of us are underestimating what MS and BA have put together until we see it on the field which is understandable. I just have a good feeling about our team. From the owner, GM, coaches, players and scheme. I think we're figuring it out fella's.:yes:

I totally agree, I think Shanahan and Allen are doing an excellent job, this is how you build a champion. A mix of good solid vets and young tough athletes. Many of these players are reaching their prime, their far from over or washed up, as some fans think.

It's obvious that many on here just started watching the game of football, to say a 29 or 30 year old RB or QB is washed up is just plain stupid, especially when many QB's and RB's produce their best seasons after the age of 29.

At the age of 33, John Riggins tore it up and broke many league records, Tiki Barber was nothing until he turned 30 and had the best years of his career, and many more RB's and QB's to name.

I think this season the Redskins are going to field the best team it has in the last 19 years, because of the quality veteran QB, RB's, and young talent on this team.

I like what hes saying but the one thing i dont agree with is that the div is that hard. I think Philly and NY will fall off a little bit this year. Philly b/c of Kolb and NY b/c their line is getting as old as ours. But i still see us finishing 3rd hopefully better though.

I think that NY is the team of us to beat in the div. They always manhandle our o-line.... Pukes, and Philly I feel that we play them really close every season. If our D can get pressure this year i think we have a good chance and fighting for the top spot...:D

The Titans are so freakin over-rated every year! Their defense had one remarkable year and that was it....and unless I'm forgetting anyone, they have one sort of decent receiver in kenny britt. I agree that the Niners and Chiefs are up and coming though...

I'm sorry but the 49ers aren't a surprise team. They should easily win the NFC West with Arizona losing Warner, Dansby, and Boldin. Then the Seahawks will be better, but not good enough to overtake San Fran, I could see Seattle going 9-7 (at best), and St. Louis is not a threat to anyone. The 49ers will win at least 11 games this upcoming season.

Also, I don't know how much of a surprise the Titans will be. They have a QB who just wins, and they have the best RB in the league and a solid defense. If Fisher hadn't stuck with Collins for so long last season the Titans could have made the playoffs last season.

Now the Skins if they can make the playoffs and contend then they would be by far the biggest surprise team out of the three. Not many, if any, "experts" are predicting the Skins to have a great turnaround and make the playoffs. Most still believe the Skins are a good ways behind Dallas, still behind New York, and are more on par with Philly.

I would say the only really surprise team would be the Skins if they were to make the playoffs. I would be more surprised if the 49ers didn't make the playoffs, and I'd be a bit surprised if the Titans at least weren't in the hunt since they play in one of the two toughest divisions in the league.

I don't think the 49er's are winning this year. I think Singletary provides toughness for that team (obviously, because he was a tough player at one point), and it's certainly nice to have an identity finally for them, but they're not winning much. I think that division goes to the Cardinals, and in some off chance the Seahawks.

I don't think the 49er's are winning this year. I think Singletary provides toughness for that team (obviously, because he was a tough player at one point), and it's certainly nice to have an identity finally for them, but they're not winning much. I think that division goes to the Cardinals, and in some off chance the Seahawks.

If the Cards win that division marshalled by Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart, then the other three should be ashamed.

Hail.

If the Cards win that division marshalled by Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart, then the other three should be ashamed.

Hail.

Seconded. There's not a chance in hell a Cardinals team with Leinart or Anderson as the QB leads them to the NFC West title. The 49ers already play the Cards well, they were 2-0 against Arizona last year w/Warner. Plus the Cards lost their defense captain in Dansby, and they also lost Rolle. The Cards are not going to be anywhere near as good as they were last year.

Archived