Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per Bruce Allen on 980 Gold Pants at home

rd421

The actual "gold" pants in that Brunell / Campbell / Collins pic are pretty atrocious. The muted yellow is much better, like in the Lavar pics. I actually like the white and red just fine.

Yeah, let's go back to the 70's look (when we won 0 Super Bowls). Forget the times when we won 3 super bowls with the TRADITIONAL burgandy pants and white jerseys.

Eh... they didn't win the Superbowls due to the color of their pants.

I always have liked non-white pants. I understand that white is a necessary evil for jerseys (dark vs. light), but I think all NFL teams should use their secondary colors for their pants. I just think it makes more sense.

Look at some classic unis:

Steelers wear black and gold

Packers wear green and gold

Raiders wear black and silver

Cowboys (sorry) wear blue and silver

In some cases, white IS the secondary color (Colts, for example).

I just think it looks more traditional and much cooler to have the two main colors are prevalent as you can. This is a great change!

Not if they can help it. The Cowboys always wear white jerseys at home, except for Thanksgiving when they break out the goofy throwbacks.

Right...my point was that those teams don't wear white pants. I think white jerseys are fine (and necessary) as a second color. But the pants should always be a primary team color in my opinion.

In some very rare cases, it might be too much (Dolphins, Ravens, etc.), but I think most teams would look sharp wearing the two main, contrasting colors as their jerseys and pants.

I liked the Allen version better. That script R helmet looked a little too Packerish for my taste.

+1, I don't like the Lombardi uniforms or the fact that he was trying to make us look like the Packers....IMO going back to the traditional colors is a great idea.

Guest Spearfeather
Yeah, let's go back to the 70's look (when we won 0 Super Bowls). Forget the times when we won 3 super bowls with the TRADITIONAL burgandy pants and white jerseys.

Every time I hear this sentiment, it makes my head explode. What about the 18 years of mediocrity or worse with these uniforms? Why do people consider the burgundy pants and white uniforms " traditional "? We wore burgundy jerseys's with gold pants at home for a longer period of time than the burgundy pants and white jersey's , so I consider those our traditional uniforms.

Guest Spearfeather
could be interesting. either way, i'd like to see some consistency with the jersey situation. i don't like switching it up too much. that's one thing that bothers the hell out of me in the NBA.

Agree 100%. Last year ( if i'm not mistaken ) we had the following combinations:

Burgundy jerseys, White pants.

White jerseys, Burgundy pants, striped socks

White jerseys, Burgundy pants, burgundy socks

White jerseys, White pants, burgundy socks

Burgundy jerseys, Burgundy pants

I would like to see some consistancy also. It would be nice to always know what combination we're going to be wearing before the game starts, or better yet, before the season starts.

Agree 100%. Last year ( if i'm not mistaken ) we had the following combinations:

Burgundy jerseys, White pants.

White jerseys, Burgundy pants, striped socks

White jerseys, Burgundy pants, burgundy socks

White jerseys, White pants, burgundy socks

Burgundy jerseys, Burgundy pants

I would like to see some consistancy also. It would be nice to always know what combination we're going to be wearing before the game starts, or better yet, before the season starts.

Why?

Archived