Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow - some very good veteran FAs available

Wild West

Hope we make a move for LT Jammal Brown from NO. Hopefully Rocky McIntosh and another player or low level draft pick (6th rounder) can bring him to DC. Having him and Williams at LT/RT makes this a much better OL.

+1 for this one. He is still young and has alot of football in him. The only older FAs I would consider is Darren Sharper (he's to much of a ball hawk to pass on) and maybe Thomas (because of his experience in a 3-4). I wouldn't offer a ton of money for either though.

I'd sign DT Montavious Stanley. He was a 6th round pick and has bounced around from team to team, but he's still young and I think he could play NT in a 3-4 instead of DT in a 4-3.

He wouldn't cost anything to sign and if he doesn't pan out we can cut him without worries.

Sharper and Thomas makes sense, but I believe they're going to want big contracts. Heard that the Saints had already put an offer on the table for Sharper and he balked. Thomas would be ideal for 3-4 LB, but when he signed with the Patriots he fell off bad. Never really found out why.

The guys I'm interested in bringing in are anyone for competition or depth on the OL and DL, I'd like to see the coaches give Thomas a look (for cheap), same with Henderson/Hovan/Ingram.

Sharper might be able to help us right away, but maybe Shanahan sees something good in Moore at FS, he did say he was pleasantly surprised by our depth at the safety position.

And of course, I wouldn't turn away our offensive MVP from last season, Hunter "the punter" Smith. Gano did good so I think we're okay with kicker.

I like Sharper for the same idea people have already mentioned, to move Dirty Thirty back to his natural position.

I have to think Faneca and Adams are upgrades to some of the camp fodder we have signed but those three signings don't exactly promote a youth movement but then again neither does LJ and Parker.

Can Adams and Faneca block in this zone scheme that Shanahan runs? I figure Faneca maybe but Flozell? Not so sure.

I thought THomas was cut by the Patriots specifically because they didn't think he did well in the 3-4 defense. They had very high expectations for him when they got him from Baltimore where he was excellent. If we are truely moving to a 3-4, I'm not sure it's worth making the Patriot's mistake. I feel more than content learning from somebody else's mistakes every once in a while instead of feeling the need to make them all myself/ourself.

OJ Atogwe - Free Safety, RFA from the Rams who could potentially become an UFA on June 1st.

The Rams have assigned the lowest possible restricted free agent tender, known as "right of first refusal". Atogwe has until June 1 to find an offer sheet elsewhere. If he doesn't, the Rams have to cut him or pay him nearly $7 million at that point. He's still recovering from season ending shoulder surgery, which may explain assumed lack of interest so far.

19 Ints & 14 FF's through 60 starts. Under 30 years old. Plus, his 3 full seasons came under the tenure of one Jim Haslett, as either DC or interim HC.

Landry is switching back to SS. No way we take a chance at FS given the style of defense being touted around.

Worth keeping an eye on.

OJ Atogwe - Free Safety' date=' RFA from the Rams who could potentially become an UFA on June 1st.

The Rams have assigned the lowest possible restricted free agent tender, known as "right of first refusal". Atogwe has until June 1 to find an offer sheet elsewhere. If he doesn't, the Rams have to cut him or pay him nearly $7 million at that point. He's still recovering from season ending shoulder surgery, which may explain assumed lack of interest so far.

19 Ints & 14 FF's through 60 starts. Under 30 years old. Plus, his 3 full seasons came under the tenure of one Jim Haslett, as either DC or interim HC.

Landry is switching back to SS. No way we take a chance at FS given the style of defense being touted around.

Worth keeping an eye on.[/quote']

Atogwe is only 28 and is actually a very good FS, but doesn't get attention because St. Louis has been awful.

Atogwe is only 28 and is actually a very good FS, but doesn't get attention because St. Louis has been awful.

He has some very impressive numbers under Haslett. You have to think he'd like him here.

Maybe we are waiting until June 1st. Maybe we should offer the Rams a 4th rounder in 2012 :D.

Archived