Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Vinny was still in charge would you accept anything other the OL with the first pick?

21MadFan

All last year all I heard was that Vinny sucks because we never drafted OL. Then we suck, have a 4-12 season and people and happy that we can get a stud offensive lineman with a top 5 pick. Now all of a sudden it seems that 5 hours before the draft no one wants to get a lineman and everyone wants Berry or Bradford. The only reason I bring this up is because what if Vinny was still in charge and he didnt take an OL in the first round? I feel as though he would get castrated on this board and in the media for again not getting OL in the draft. Just a thought. What do you guys think?

vinny screwed this team up so bad that he should be castrated as you suggest.

cast against the Allen/Shanny combo, the Snyder/Vinny combo is like the Tyson vs Marvis Frazier fight.

I'm confident that if we don't take a lineman in the first round, Shanny will find a way to improve our line via a trade that doesn't involve us getting totally raped like when Cerrato was here.

And I love how Cerrato blames his firing on JC not being a franchise QB. Maybe Cerrato should have listened when every coach he interviewed told him this two years ago. Guy just loves to pass the buck.

I can only recall ONE lineman Vinny drafted since 2000, Rinehart (sp?) with a middlin' pick.

For a top 5 pick, going QB isn't bad, this is about the only decent 50/50 chance you have to draft a good one. But you'll hear me ***** here if we don't draft/trade4 one or two linemen with our remaining 3 picks or whatever other picks we get.

And for the record, I hate ShanAllen going "win now" with McNabb as much as I did Vinny doing the same with Big Al and Jason Taylor. Maybe even more so, because I expect Shanahan and Allen not to act like retards, unlike......

All last year all I heard was that Vinny sucks because we never drafted OL. Then we suck, have a 4-12 season and people and happy that we can get a stud offensive lineman with a top 5 pick. Now all of a sudden it seems that 5 hours before the draft no one wants to get a lineman and everyone wants Berry or Bradford. The only reason I bring this up is because what if Vinny was still in charge and he didnt take an OL in the first round? I feel as though he would get castrated on this board and in the media for again not getting OL in the draft. Just a thought. What do you guys think?

I think Vinny has ability to evaluate talent. Where he lacks is the ability to balance that with team needs, and the overall management of a roster.

That being said no I would not be happy with anything other than OL if Vinny were here, and really won't be with him not here.

Archived