Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did I just see Mel's Top Quarterbacks on ESPN and Clausen was #1?

kiingspadee

For what it's worth, Mel Kiper also had Ben Roethlisberger as the best QB in the 2004 draft when every one else was hyping Matt Leinart and Vince Young as the best things to ever happen to the QB position comming out of college.

Roethlisberger was in the draft with Philip Rivers and Eli Manning I believe.

For what it's worth, Mel Kiper also had Ben Roethlisberger as the best QB in the 2004 draft when every one else was hyping Matt Leinart and Vince Young as the best things to ever happen to the QB position comming out of college.

Wow those people were retards cause Leinart and Young came out 2 years later. :P;)

You mean Eli and Phillip Rivers....I'll give you that, but Mel's been wrong quite a bit too. QB's, like Billick said, are a coin flip.

Wow those people were retards cause Leinart and Young came out 2 years later. :P;)

You mean Eli and Phillip Rivers....I'll give you that, but Mel's been wrong quite a bit too. QB's, like Billick said, are a coin flip.

lol...but to his point, Roth has won 2 SBs. Hard to argue with that regardless of the talent ahead of him

Roethlisberger was in the draft with Philip Rivers and Eli Manning I believe.

You're right, that's who I was thinking of and Cutler was the other QB with Leinart and Young, but it's the exact same concept and same point. Kiper thought Roethlisberger may be the best QB in his class. I recall listening to him often that year leading up to the draft.

In the Leinart Young class it was the same type of thing but it was Jaws that thought Cutler would be the best pro. You can see how I get my years mixed up. :)

lol...but to his point, Roth has won 2 SBs. Hard to argue with that regardless of the talent ahead of him

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who isn't a Steelers fan that would argue that Rothlisberger is a better QB than Rivers, and a majority would probably argue that Eli is the better qb also despite the sb rings on Ben's hand.

You're right, that's who I was thinking of and Cutler was the other QB with Leinart and Young, but it's the exact same concept and same point. Kiper thought Roethlisberger may be the best QB in his class. I recall listening to him often that year leading up to the draft.

In the Leinart Young class it was the same type of thing but it was Jaws that thought Cutler would be the best pro. You can see how I get my years mixed up. :)

Nope, unacceptable. :banhim:

:pfft:

He's always had Clausen as #1.

Yup. Him and McShay have been arguing about it for months. Hence McShay's completely bull**** criticisms of Clausen. Has to be different somehow.

Kiper isn't a god but he's pretty good. I like Mayock better though. He has McCoy #1 on his big board, right above Suh, Bradford #1 QB, and Thomas ahead of Berry. Among other things. I like commentators who take a different approach and do it for reasons. I don't know what Mayock's qualifications are but when he talks, he makes sense.

I see Kiper as the journalist with the inside scoops with scouts and personel people with some scouting thrown in. Mayock is the wonky, nerdy guy who just pours over numbers, measurables and film with a passion. And McShay is the shock jock draft guy who acts like he knows anything and says **** just to get attention.

No I dont see Clausen in the first round unless cleveland takes him, but I do see him going in the 2nd round.

No he'll go first round, this is definitely an Aaron Rodgers type scenario. We really have no idea where he's going, but you can bet your bottom dollar it's first round because the depth at quarterback in this draft versus demand means teams are going to reach on prospects.

Archived