Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

will 49ers trade their picks to skins

mikeumd

Hmm the rumors of them wanting Jimmy C has been picking up the past couple of days..you never know.

Yeah, but the line from the OP says that there is DOUBT cast now upon those rumors.

So, I guess the way the OP worded his speculation, I don't get why he thinks they'd be more likely to trade up if they aren't pursuing a QB.

I think all these rumors of the skins interest in QB's is to entice cleveland or the 49ers to trade with them. The top 3 are just about set in stone and that leaves anyone wanting clausen having to come through us if we threaten to take him. The only issue is will anyone call our bluff?

I think all these rumors of the skins interest in QB's is to entice cleveland or the 49ers to trade with them. The top 3 are just about set in stone and that leaves anyone wanting clausen having to come through us if we threaten to take him. The only issue is will anyone call our bluff?

This is exactly what we are doing and what i've been saying. The only monkey in the wrench is if Bradford slips to #4 and we honestly think he's a franchise qb for 10 years...then we take him...

i'd take the 49ers picks and a late rounder too and get OT and OL

The 49ers are in perfect position right now. They can fill their needs right where they are at. Chances are that someone like Haden or Thomas will be available to bolster their secondary and someone like Davis or one of the top 3 tackles with the other spot to fill their RT need. There is absolutely no reason for the 49ers to trade up and right now management is standing by Alex Smith who had a pretty decent season last year considering the position he was put in. He is still 25 and they are developing Nate Davis too. In my opinion the only way they would consider Clausen is if they get their tackle at 13 and Clausen is available at 17.

EDIT: I can't see a trade up for a tackle either because they have Staley who is a good young LT and the value isn't there for a RT. The only way I could see them moving up is for someone like Berry or if Suh fell.

Thomas wouldn't be there but Iupati might be!!!!!!!!!!

That would be soooooo sick!

Fall back and get a 20 year old LT prospect with more upside than either Williams or Okung AND also draftthe nastiest O-Lineman I've seen in ages? Who also can probably play every position along the line?

I would do a happy dance of joy if this happened. Seriously, I would embarrass myself.

Fall back and get a 20 year old LT prospect with more upside than either Williams or Okung AND also draftthe nastiest O-Lineman I've seen in ages? Who also can probably play every position along the line?

Yeah, he is a solid player but I haven't heard anyone say that they see him as a Tackle at the next level. He is a guard. I like Pouncey over him. Pouncey is super intelligent they say and he can play Center at anytime we would need him to.

I would do a happy dance of joy if this happened. Seriously, I would embarrass myself.

Archived