Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True or False: Haynesworth would still be absent even if we kept the 4-3 (POLL added).

The Full Monty

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just another point... there should actually be MORE motivation for him to be here with the switch, because it's a new defense that he's never played in before.

To be fair though, he probably is playing the least cerebal position on the football field. With Punter and FG kicker being possible exceptions.

Just another point... there should actually be MORE motivation for him to be here with the switch, because it's a new defense that he's never played in before.

that is a valid point.

but conversely, Haslett has said Big Al will play at ALL positions on the DL, and that the team will use 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. So with that kind of demand on Albert, asking him to play a role that others likely will not, couldn't it be considered a good idea then to train on his own with guys who helped him get in dominating form previously? This way when he comes in for the mandatory stuff he's in good shape and ready to go.

But the perception has been perpetuated by the media of Big Al as some fat, lazy, greedy slob, eventhough that perception doesn't match his output on the field. There's nowhere near as much hoopla being made over other players who haven't shown up because the media hasn't spent nearly as much time painting a negative perception of them. Big Al's big contract made him a target from the beginning.

that is a valid point.

but conversely, Haslett has said Big Al will play at ALL positions on the DL, and that the team will use 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. So with that kind of demand on Albert, asking him to play a role that others likely will not, couldn't it be considered a good idea then to train on his own with guys who helped him get in dominating form previously? This way when he comes in for the mandatory stuff he's in good shape and ready to go.

But the perception has been perpetuated by the media of Big Al as some fat, lazy, greedy slob, eventhough that perception doesn't match his output on the field. There's nowhere near as much hoopla being made over other players who haven't shown up because the media hasn't spent nearly as much time painting a negative perception of them. Big Al's big contract made him a target from the beginning.

i agree with you 100%.

Did people already forget about AH's interview last week? AH said he has his doubts but after talking with Haslett he will be happy in the new system since they will be moving him around to put him in a position to make plays. what AH didnt want is to become a stationary NT whose job is to take up space in the middle for every play...

AH goes back to what made him the player that earned him the $100 million contract but I didnt realize that AH trying to regain his old form was such a big problem.

There's nowhere near as much hoopla being made over other players who haven't shown up because the media hasn't spent nearly as much time painting a negative perception of them. Big Al's big contract made him a target from the beginning.

And that is exactly why Rocky isn't all over the media about not being there.

you know Albert has repeated stated last year AND this year that he wants to be the BEST DT ever in the history of the game...

I really don't know which it is. (thinks he train better or paid and lazy)

I hope you are right. (and think there's a 40% chance you are.) We will know when he comes back.

He is a beast of player.

and the jury's still out on whether or not I like him.

edited to add: I had edited the original post you quoted because I thought it was too supportive of Al. When I did so, it became too accusatory. I really meant it be more balanced and have reedited it.

I really don't know which it is. (thinks he train better or paid and lazy)

I hope you are right. (and think there's a 40% chance you are.) We will know when he comes back.

AH has NEVER been a "rah rah team" guy.. Even with the Titans he always did his own thing and definitely had some "getting in shape" issues early in his career. As we all saw in the last 3 years with Titans he figured out a system that worked for HIM.

AH tried to be a "rah rah team" guy during the last offseason because of all that money we paid him and it resulted him having a subpar season. Obviously you can see by AH's attitude that his subpar season was rubbing him the wrong way. So AH is going back to doing his own personal thing. It might be not be a best "team building" action but we knew before signing him that he was never the Andre Carter type of player...

the guy dosent want to work!!! straight up, he wouldnt be here either way, he has poor work ethic, hes just a body who can hold back 3 people, then miss half the season because his knee hurts

you dont reach the heights that AH has without having a good work ethic.

It's true. He said he made these commitments when his season wasn't as good as he wanted. He wanted to return to the ways he was in Tennessee and this particular program he is using helped before.

I wish we had a hidden camera to see his "rigorous" workout regimen. ;)

Beer .. 3 slabs 'o ribs .. more beer .. pork rinds .. a bucket 'o gravy .. more beer .. nap .. more gravy .. beer ..

He would definitely still be away from camp. He did say he blamed some of his "down year" on the redskins off season program and how he needed to get back to doing what's gotten him to be the beast he was two yrs ago. So I have no problem with him staying away if he comes in in terrific shape. But as far as not wanting to play the nose? C'mon AH !!!! How much money did we pay you? And you're upset about playing nt for what, 25% of the time? Pull your skirt down!!!

AH goes back to what made him the player that earned him the $100 million contract but I didnt realize that AH trying to regain his old form was such a big problem.

I hope Albert proves people wrong and shows up in shape and ready to dominate. He hasn't exactly done anything to garner trust in that regard though.

When guys whose "team-player" mentality has been questionable at best like Laron Landry and Carlos Rogers are even showing up to mini-camp, that's saying something about how they want to show support for the new coaching staff and the team concept Shanahan is trying to build in the ruins of the past few years. AH is a primadonna.

The fat spoiled baby comments are from people who's panties are in a tight wad over the amount of money he was paid, Get the **** over yourselves, the guy made our defense better every time he was on the field, to say anything else is just rehashing the same stupid argument over and over again. Ask Rak and AC if he made a difference. Look past his contract and see that he is the BEST player on our defense, hands down. Buncha ****ing crybabies around here make me sick, im sure you all will find something else to ***** about when he proves all of you wrong this year. Oh and I voted YES

1. He'd still be absent.

2. He'll never show up for anything "voluntary."

3. It's absolutely hilarious that the rest of you think he's working out anywhere with anyone in any way right now.

Not a hater. I like Fat Albert. I'm just a realist.

Archived