Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True or False: Haynesworth would still be absent even if we kept the 4-3 (POLL added).

The Full Monty

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Would Haynesworth still be on his own if we kept the 4-3 system and he would never be asked to do anything remotely resembling nose-tackle duty?

So as not to just ask people's opinions, I'll put my own up: hell yes. That guy would still be away and just stick to his original talking point of "I'll be training with the guys who helped me when I was a Titan." I find it really disingenuous that the there's this narrative out there in every single report about Fat Albert's absence that it has something to do with playing nose. Originally, it was about going with the trainers he used when he was in Tennessee.

Despite everything Shanahan's said about putting team first, wanting his leaders, Hayneworth and lazy reporters in the media are spinning it as some kind of philosophical argument on how best to utilize him rather than the far more likely scenario that he just doesn't want to be a team player and doesn't like playing by rules other than his own.

Poll? True.

I just think he wants to get back into the shape he was in when he was with the Titans. You could tell he was out of shape last year(even though most everybody was). And he doesn't want to be labeled as a FA bust. I saw what he can do last year when he showed flashes of how he was in Ten. But as everybody has already said the weight program sucked.

IMO, I dont think he wold have been here even if we were running a 4-3 scheme. Last year some of his bonus money was tied into off-season workouts at the Park. Usually the workout bonus stipulates that the player has to be at the facility for a certain percentage of workouts. Whereas this season he got his 21 million no matter what so he chose to workout away from the facility.

Haynesworth would still be gone. He didn't like Shanahan trying to declare marshall law at Redskins Park and especially didn't like the new workout routine. He would be still be doing it his way, there would just be talk about something other than "AH isn't going to play NT in a 3-4."

Haynesworth will be back, and more than likely in really good shape. He might not want to play NT, but he'll want to succeed, and Haslett will use him in whatever way is best for the team.

He claims to be away because the in-house conditioning program last year sucked. Many suspect it's because he's an overgrown spolied brat who has already been paid.

Either way, he still wouldnt be here.

I would add a poll, if you want this thread to live long. (as opposed to merged into the other AH threads)

Despite everything Shanahan's said about putting team first, wanting his leaders, Hayneworth and lazy reporters in the media are spinning it as some kind of philosophical argument on how best to utilize him rather than the far more likely scenario that he just doesn't want to be a team player and doesn't like playing by rules other than his own.
Maybe it is that.

But, I don't remember hearing about AH being the type of problem that you are describing when he was in Tennessee.

Yes, he signed the the contract with the trainer before the workout regimen was even announced. Or any of the rumors about going to a 3 -4 scheme was more then just internet message board fodder.

He signed a contract to spend his own money to employ a trainer that knows how to get the best out of him. Still trying to figure out how this is a bad thing to most people. He knew he was out of shape and went out proactively to do something about it.

Haynesworth is a BEAST! He will have a bunch of you singing a different tune about three weeks into the season.

I totally agree with this remark.... and it would not even take that long for these pesimist fans to sing... one quarter of the 1st game should be enough to find out who is the best player in our D.

I don't see why he's upset about the 3-4. He's big and strong enough to be a beast NT, but I think he would be even more disruptive as a DE with his speed. Either way he is a massive match up problem. This leads me to believe that he would be unhappy regardless of the system if the reports are all true (which I doubt). I think this is more media trying to stir things up than anything. I think he will play, play hard, and play well.

this "issue" between the coach and player is NOT going tom get better....and NO princess would not be here regardless of what defense we were supposed to be playing. On that note, I have read that we would plan to play princess all up and down the D line not just NT. End of the day it does not matter, he is not here and will not be here unless contractually bound to be here.

nobody can no for sure. you can't really argue a hypothetical one way or the other.

but here's another one: if Big Al shows up in shape and lights it up this year, will all the speculation and exaggerated bashing still persist?

Absolutely, they will just ***** about something else. Dude can get 5 sacks one game, come out for some air and they will get their panties in bunch. There are always two or three players on the team that get this type of treatment.

He claims to be away because the in-house conditioning program last year sucked. We all suspect it's because he's an overgrown spolied brat who has already been paid.

Either way, he still wouldnt be here.

I would add a poll, if you want this thread to live long. (as opposed to merged into the other AH threads)

you know Albert has repeated stated last year AND this year that he wants to be the BEST DT ever in the history of the game...

he also stated that part of the drop off in production has to due with the shape he was in last year. I think all of us would agree with AH on his own self assessment...

I know Shanahan want AH here but if AH is going back to his trainer go back on the same regiment that he was on those 2-3 monster years... why is he getting killed on the ES and on the radio because he is trying to FIX the situation?????

please other than the fact that you just dont personally like AH. Whats the real problem here?

Archived