Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glazer: Jason Campbell to Sign RFA Tender Today

dgr81

Translation: I'll wait until something concrete is reported, then claim my "source" told me the same thing a day or two earlier lol :D...

When you Assume......;)

As mentioned in the Shanny signing I REALLY don't care if you believe me or not. I mention it because some people care if I have heard something if you don't just ignore it really is that simple.

When you Assume......;)

As mentioned in the Shanny signing I REALLY don't care if you believe me or not. I mention it because some people care if I have heard something if you don't just ignore it really is that simple.

Why not mention what you've heard?...It's not like it's gonna matter if it turns out not to be the case lol. Just say "Not sure how reliable this is, but I've heard that (fill in the blank)..."..I severely doubt you're gonna jinx anything, btw lol ;)...

What do you guys think realistically the front office wants for him? I mean the lowest they would take instead of dealing him. Such as if they don't get at least a 4th rounder we keep him. Do you think they would do a 5th for him straight up...? It's gotta be at least a 4th and maybe a 6th or 7th right...?

To be traded he probably needs to officially be a Redskin, so signing the tender is one part of the deal (doesn't mean there is a deal).

If the rumor was for a 3rd and 4th, I think that's a solid trade. I don't believe anyone would trade a 2nd, but multiple lower picks would be nice. I like a few tackles/guards in the early 4th round and one of Hardesty/Tate should/might still be there at the Raiders 3rd pick.

Hardesty, Fox and Beadles in rounds 3-4 would be pretty solid. I remember Beadles/Shanny were mentioned during the combine. I think Fox could be a solid RT if he could avoid the injury bug (worth a 4th rounder IMO). I don't think I need to say much about Hardesty ;)

What do you guys think realistically the front office wants for him? I mean the lowest they would take instead of dealing him. Such as if they don't get at least a 4th rounder we keep him. Do you think they would do a 5th for him straight up...? It's gotta be at least a 4th and maybe a 6th or 7th right...?

I'm thinking they want something to nullify the McNabb trade.

2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Obviously some/one of those is more likely than others.

but if they can get rid of JC for a 4th or third, then the mcnabb trade turns into just a 2nd round pick.

I wonder if Campbell signing his tender and Landry leaving workouts have anything to do with each other. Hmmm....

They said he left the workouts last week, so I'm doubting it...

There's got to be a reason why he is signing today after it was said this morning he would wait.

The reason is members of the media love passing of speculation as being newsworthy and grounded in fact lol :cool:...so you're gonna end up with reports that contradict one another.

Really? Because you'd be surprised at some of the stuff I haven't put on here. :)

Being a mod of the official Redskins message board might give your "insider source" rumors a bit more weight lol :yes:...but if you did hear something that was questionable/shaky, do you really think it might all fall through because you made mention of it on ES? I mean, I'd like to think that deals between NFL GMs about players and such aren't so fragile that message board rumors can sink them. Especially ones that are qualified with disclaimers about them being shaky rumors to begin with.

Archived