Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Baldinger calls McNabb one of the "Most Overrated QBs" in history

The Full Monty

I too think this love affair with McPOS will be short lived by the fans... This team hasnt changed a bit. Its still fantasy football and bringing in players at the end of their careers who have little left in the tank.

My prediction: Hes done for the season by week 7 and never plays another game for the skins.

Regardless of what McNabb does here you cant take away his accomplishments. The man has won 60% of his games without a single offensive weapon or running game! Westbrook is the only weapon McNabb had and he was a running back that didnt even run the ball! Noone can succeed in that environment but he did.

Merril Hoge is the biggest moron doing analysis today. He is the idiot who said that the Eagles, after starting 6-0 back in 2004, would not make the playoffs, pointing out that the Eagles were an overrated team that would be exposed. I guess Hoge was happy when they lost the SB to the Cheatriots.

Jaws and Aikman are the best guys are breaking down a game out there today. Both think letting McNabb go to the 'skins puts the 'skins into the playoff hunt now.

Jaws also thought that JC was going to star.

Nobody is right all of the time I don't care how good they may be, but Jaws is more about play catting the fans for popularity than actual football knowledge.

I think aikman is the best in the business of telling it like it is during the game, but I don't think he does a whole lot breaking things down pregame, not because he can't, I just don't think that's what he's asked to do.

Aikman by the way is not a guy who's ever been very high on McNabb, he doesn't think McNabb is to swift. If you remember 2 seasons ago when Donavan ran out of bounds for a 1st down and then ran over to the opposing teams phone on the sideline and acted like he was making a phone call, and Aikman said sometimes he really has no idea what's going through that guy's head.

I think DM is more about being a clown this stage in his career than anything else, and I have said for years long before Baldi said anything, that DM is more of a product of a tremendous organization with great coaching in which he does nothing but hold back, his accomplishments IMO are not nearly what a great QB would have playing in the Eagles system over the same coarse of time, but he will have ample opportunity to disprove all of that.

Wow such rabid loyalty for a guy who just this past Saturday was a member of the hated enemy the iggles.

And still hasn't thrown a pass in training camp yet.

For me, it's more loyalty, or FAITH in, Coach Shanahan and the new regime...and a belief that they'll make sound decisions for this team. Shanny knows QBs, and he knows how to coach them. I trust his judgment.

Baldinger is pretty much an idiot most of the time, so it's easy to discredit a bold statement like this, especially when he overstates his case so badly.

He's partly right--McNabb is highly overrated--but I don't know that this is a downgrade (at least in the short term) from Jason Campbell. McNabb gets a lot of credit he doesn't deserve, and I'm not sure why. But he's not as bad as Baldy would have you believe.

Jaws also thought that JC was going to star.

Nobody is right all of the time I don't care how good they may be' date=' but Jaws is more about play catting the fans for popularity than actual football knowledge.

I think aikman is the best in the business of telling it like it is during the game, but I don't think he does a whole lot breaking things down pregame, not because he can't, I just don't think that's what he's asked to do.

Aikman by the way is not a guy who's ever been very high on McNabb, he doesn't think McNabb is to swift. If you remember 2 seasons ago when Donavan ran out of bounds for a 1st down and then ran over to the opposing teams phone on the sideline and acted like he was making a phone call, and Aikman said sometimes he really has no idea what's going through that guy's head.

I think DM is more about being a clown this stage in his career than anything else, and I have said for years long before Baldi said anything, that DM is more of a product of a tremendous organization with great coaching in which he does nothing but hold back, his accomplishments IMO are not nearly what a great QB would have playing in the Eagles system over the same coarse of time, but he will have ample opportunity to disprove all of that.[/quote']

Jaworski was not far wrong on Campbell, and I think with some separation from his time here, you Campbell haters will begin to see that. But I will agree that Jaws is not a great analyst. People think that because he breaks down X's and O's for you on TV, he's a great analyst. Well, no, anyone who's spent any time in a playbook can do that. Fact is, he's generally not a great evaluator of talent.

I disagree with you about Aikman (too many concussions rendered him unable to speak proper English), but I do agree wholeheartedly with his (and your) opinion of McNabb. Overrated? Definitely. As bad as Baldinger says? No.

Jaworski was not far wrong on Campbell, and I think with some separation from his time here, you Campbell haters will begin to see that. But I will agree that Jaws is not a great analyst. People think that because he breaks down X's and O's for you on TV, he's a great analyst. Well, no, anyone who's spent any time in a playbook can do that. Fact is, he's generally not a great evaluator of talent.

I disagree with you about Aikman (too many concussions rendered him unable to speak proper English), but I do agree wholeheartedly with his (and your) opinion of McNabb. Overrated? Definitely. As bad as Baldinger says? No.

Well regardless, the worst of McNabb is defiently an upgrade over Campbell!

Name a QB without a flaw? ;) Peyton,Brady,Warner,Rothesliberger,Elway,Young,Aikman....etc

EVERY PLAYER has strengths and weaknesses. Shanny better than Baldinger or anyone else knows how to play to McNabb's strengths better?

Young,Elway,Plummer,Cutler,Griese and I'm going to take what a noob like Baldy "thinks" over Mike Shanhan:ols::ols:

Thought I would drop in my 2 cents...

McNabb, IMHO, had not much to do with the last 2 Dallas losses - losing their C Jamaal Jackson was HUGE - it just crumbled their entire OL. If we had lose Andre Gurode, we would have completely fell to pieces too. If anything, Jackson's the guy who makes all the line calls et al. Nick Cole just looked too scared.

I honestly feel that wk17 game would have turned out differently if Jackson had been in there - Eagles would have had the #2 seed, an extra week's of rest, and they probably would have beaten the Saints in the NFCCG. Reid/Morninweg were doing an outstanding job running a balanced offense when Jackson was in there prior to his injury - injuries CAN change the personality of the entire game plans. It was alot like when we lost Kyle Kosier in 2008 - Jason Garrett was forced to be pass happy b/c Kosier's excellent run blocking skills weren't there.

Balldinger is a dumbass. He loved him when he was an Eagle and now that he isplaying for the Redskins he is all of a sudden a Donovan McNabb hater. Balldinger was a below average player and now is a below average reporter. No one outside Philly even listens to this guy so who cares what Balldinger says.

Brian Baldinger was an OL, I remember him. He is quite opinionated given his rather mediocre career in the NFL. I guess I missed the part where a GUARD is such a good judge of quarterback talent :laugh:

Maybe we should have asked Mike Williams about the McNabb trade before making it :D

asinine...

take a loooong look at the McNabb era in Philly & give me more than 1 above average WR tandem without some dude named T.O. involved...

it's ok...i'll wait.........

while you're at it...tell me how many times during that era did the entire Iggles team rush for over 1,500 yards?

somehow...this is all McNabb's fault & he's simply overrated.

poppy****.

Archived