Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Quip at end of the article

sippin2020

I have been in favor of cutting Flemister since the end of the 2001 season, I don't know what has taken the club so long to see what everyone else does, namely that Flemister is a flake, a guy who can never be counted on to do anything consistently or with any kind of passion or energy.

His type of lackadaiscal player would never have managed 4 years in Gibbs system.

Think he would have lasted 4 years with Reid, Parcells, or Fassel either? :)

Originally posted by speedwagon20

I think Royal will do just fine in this Offense this season. If we cut Zeron we can keep Cloman as a WR or TE...he's a beast.

I think that Royal will work as well, but I'm not so sure about Cloman as a TE, it seems like he hurt himself everytime he got a ball thrown his direction. Admittedly, I don't know much about Cloman, (size, experience, etc), but I do know that TE's get banged around a lot more than WR's, and if he's injury prone, there's a good chance that he won't make it as a TE, much less WR.

Royal looks a lot bigger than Flemister and, I'm hoping, is a better blocker too. He's not fast, but he's shown good hands in his limited work which is better than ole Zero Flem-ball can say.

If Royal proves to be a capable blocker, that could really help this offense by having one guy fullfill both the blocking duties and pass-catching duties of the TE.

poidog, i was actually kidding about keeping cloman as a TE but he did intrigue me with his tools as a WR. i would love to keep just royal and add cloman to the team.

i think we all agree that flemister HAS TO BE demoted to the bench at a minimum. i find it very strange that this guy apparently drops passes last season, in TC, and in preseason games and keeps coasting along.

i agree Flem has to go, or at the very least be demoted, but what i don't understand is how he's made it this far.. is it me or does Flemister ALWAYS seem to be open? there has GOT TO BE something Spurrier likes about this guy, and even though he can't catch a chewed gum ball, i do notice he's always wide open.. maybe he's a really good route runner, maybe not, but something this guy does, keeps him around.. we wouldn't have re-signed him to that contract last year if there wasn't..

but Royal is da man, and i'd love to see this guy get an opportunity to start..

Flemister pissed me off cause on Candidate's second run, they ran to Flem's side and I guess Flem was supposed to block the LE and I saw whoever was next to Flem turn inside and block the guy net to Flem and Flem stood there for a min then ran upfield and jumped on a LB who was already down. Then his man came and hit Candidate and he grabbed the LE's leg. I was like WTF???

Originally posted by Skins24

Maybe no one pays attention to him or takes him seriously...

Royal NEEDS to be our starter.

i was basically just talking about when the ball is thrown his way.. even on Saturday against Carolina, when he dropped the 4th and 1, Flem was wide open.. and previous years, he always seems to be good in the red zone, catching TD passes with nobody near him..

maybe it's just me, i dunno.. but i do agree -- Royal should be the starter..

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Flem has lived on his TD catch against the Broncos for the last two years.

Hell, I think we're getting paid off by headline writers to keep him on the squad. :)

Hell I think that the ESPN page 2 writers love this guy soo much that they would hire him on as their mascot if he was ever cut from the Skins :silly:

Originally posted by THiTo11

i agree Flem has to go, or at the very least be demoted, but what i don't understand is how he's made it this far.. is it me or does Flemister ALWAYS seem to be open? there has GOT TO BE something Spurrier likes about this guy, and even though he can't catch a chewed gum ball, i do notice he's always wide open.. maybe he's a really good route runner

Why cover a man that can't catch the ball anyway?

Archived