Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For the "Tebow > Colt McCoy" crowd, I'd like an explanation

Dr Drunkenstein

Here is why I prefer McCoy:

- He won the most games of any QB in college football history

- He was the most accurate QB in the history of college football

- Colt had a much better winning % when his team trailed at halftime, showing he can deal with adversity.

- The last 2 seasons, UF had a much better running game than Texas, and this shows that even when defenses knew what was coming, McCoy was still the better passer of the 2 (look at the #s!)

- Tebow his reworking his throwing motion and the scouts universally praise Colt's mechanics over Tebow's. Their arm strength is considered about equal.

Tebow is a whopping inch taller than Colt....is that it? That, along with a 'gut feeling' you have?

I've seen plenty of people say they prefer Tebow but no one ever says why........I'd like to herar a logical explanation, based on tangible evidence and statistics, why drafting Tebow would be better than drafting Colt McCoy.

As I posted in another thread:

For those showing McCoy some love, can any of you direct me to some game film from 2009 that shows he will be a quality NFL QB. I just don't see it. I'll admit, I was on his bandwagon at the end of last year, but that made me follow him more closely. I had to admit I was wrong about him. He won games, but I just don't see NFL QB.

Tebow just looks like a bigger, better overall athlete, with more intangibles and leadership qualities. McCoy has a slight build and weaker, though more accurate, arm. He also seems to have reached his ceiling somewhat. Tebow is more of a projection obviously, but no one is going to remember who had more work to do coming into the league 3-4 years from now, they are just going to evaluate the finished product. Neither will be an immediate impact starter, so....

McCoy just seems like he's too small and would easily get roughed up. I know there are small QBs like Brees and Garcia, but it still doesn't make me comfortable. Tebow to me seems like he could just find a way to win some games. Tebow seems like he would be a real tough NFL QB and not get rattled seeing D Ware charging him.

I've wanted McCoy here since he was a freshman at Texas...I would LOVE to see his name called on draft day....i have said over and over again he would be a great fit for this offense.

+1

I couldn't have my fingers crossed more for McCoy to be our pick in the 2nd.

McCoy red shirted when they won the National Championship.

McCoy gets injured more.

Tebow was a reason why the Gators had a better running game.

Tebow did not start all 4 years so that is why McCoy has the most wins.

McCoy actually was on the team 5 years.

Try 2 inches taller and 26 pounds heavier. McCoy had more interceptions in 2007 then Tebow had his entire college career.

Tebow has a better rating average.

Tebow has more touchdowns that McCoy.

McCoys highest YPC in lower than Tebow's lowest for a year.

I want to see that stat about come from behind victories.

But McCoy does have a better Completion Percentage.

Here is why I prefer McCoy:

- He won the most games of any QB in college football history

- He was the most accurate QB in the history of college football

- Colt had a much better winning % when his team trailed at halftime, showing he can deal with adversity.

- The last 2 seasons, UF had a much better running game than Texas, and this shows that even when defenses knew what was coming, McCoy was still the better passer of the 2 (look at the #s!)

- Tebow his reworking his throwing motion and the scouts universally praise Colt's mechanics over Tebow's. Their arm strength is considered about equal.

Tebow is a whopping inch taller than Colt....is that it? That, along with a 'gut feeling' you have?

I've seen plenty of people say they prefer Tebow but no one ever says why........I'd like to herar a logical explanation, based on tangible evidence and statistics, why drafting Tebow would be better than drafting Colt McCoy.

C'mon, everyone know Jesus loves Tebow more. Who needs stats?

What?! Yeah, I'm a virgin too. Ummm....yeah. :silly:

I don't think he would go out of his way to publicize his virginity and do that abortion commercial if this guy wasnt totally truthful. I think thats why people like this guy he is a squeeky clean, hard working leader. I def don't take him for a liar or hypocrite either.

"McCoy red shirted when they won the National Championship."

VY threw for 3,000 yards and ran for 1,000 yards while leading Texas to an undefeated national championship that season and you are knocking a true freshman for not starting over Vince?

"McCoy gets injured more."

McCoy got knocked out of the national title game on a horrible option call. He started every game for 4 years at Texas. The only other time I remember not finishing a game was against Texas A&M in 06 or 07 and the shot that took him out was so cheap that A&M's coach wrote a public letter of apology after the game.

"Tebow was a reason why the Gators had a better running game."

In 2008, when Bradford barely beat McCoy for the Heisman, Colt led Texas in rushing. He was 2nd last season.

"Tebow did not start all 4 years so that is why McCoy has the most wins."

Okay, if you look at just their Soph, Jr & Sr seasons, Colt still has more wins.

"McCoy actually was on the team 5 years.

True

"Try 2 inches taller and 26 pounds heavier."

2 inches? wrong....look it up.

"McCoy had more interceptions in 2007 then Tebow had his entire college career."

So........interception totals their Sophomore year means hat much to you?

"Tebow has a better rating average."

Because he threw a lot less/ Like I said before, Colt was the most accurate QB in college football history.

"Tebow has more touchdowns that McCoy."

........But McCoy has more passing TDs.

"McCoys highest YPC in lower than Tebow's lowest for a year."

So? That has to do with their system. That means more to you than Tebow's delivery?!?

It is amazing how you have to dive in to esoteric stats to try to justify a cray theory like drafting Tebow over McCoy.

Also, I saw Tebow interviewed, he barely knew that chick with the big tatas. However, her is the chick McCoy is engaged to:

http://obsessedwithsports.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/colt-mccoys-girlfriend-rachel-glandorf1.jpg

How about 88 td passes vs 16 ints in the best conference in college football. Take a gander at McCoy's stats against the big boys in his conference. Nothing earthshattering. He beat up on a lot of patsies. I am not trying to be hyper critical, but at best he is a slight pick over Tebow.

tim-tebow-girl.jpg

Come on! If that doesn't say NFL Quarterback then I do not know what does! :silly:

When I first saw this picture...I was jealous as hell...very very very jealous.

:yikes: As the immortal Chris Tucker and Ice Cube said, "Daaaaaaaayyuuummmmmmm!!!!"

This.

I'm down with Tebow...but you do know hes a virgin right? So he's not slaying this...

So he's gay?

I think with Tebow you get a slight hedge on your risk. Lets say both of these guys are busts. At least with Tebow u can keep him on the team and he can earn his contract money in other ways. IE playing at an Hback or TE.

Archived