Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible trade partner

Skins26

For those of you watching the Saints/Eagles game im sure you heard them talking about that Keaton RB guy they have. They NEED him to be the backup RB cause they have NOBODY else. But they dont know if he has what it takes. And from what i saw he looked pretty bad. Even against the 3rd string.

Anyone know of any DT's they would be willing to trade for say Betts or Watson???

I think he was talking about the Saints parting with one of their many DTs.

That said, trading Betts would be insane at this point. As far as I'm concerned he's the only back we have on this team that can get the tough yards running inside.

Let's also not forget that Betts cost us a second rounder just last season.

Umm. He is talking about the Saints being our trade partner. There had been talks in the past about our F/O being interested in Grady Jackson of the Saints. It was recently reported however that the Saint's F/O did not intend to trade him. Not sure if their opinion will change if they can't solidify the backup RB position before the start of the season. I guess you never know.

The Saints are a team loaded with talent enough to win a SB. Why would they trade with us?

If we want a good DT then what we have to do is find a sorry team with a good DT and make a trade with them. Once one of these teams goes 0-5 for example, they may be ready to make a trade with us. But know one is going to trade a decent DT now.

I just hope the team that goes 0-5 isn't us.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I didn't see much of the game, but Keaton looked pretty solid when I was watching. He dropped a few passes out of the backfield but he seemed like a good enough runner.

He was O.K. He seemed pretty fast but only had a 2.1ypc average (most was against Eagles 2nd,3rd stringers too). They would probably be intrigued by Watson.

E_Legendz

I have to admit, those all-white Iggle unis are pretty sweet. I've long hoped that the Skins(esp with the darker more true burgundy they have now) would don an all-white uni. Jacksonville and Miami are the only teams I can think of that look wack in their all-whites, but they'd be helped by black shoes.

Originally posted by skinswin

The Saints are a team loaded with talent enough to win a SB. Why would they trade with us?

If we want a good DT then what we have to do is find a sorry team with a good DT and make a trade with them. Once one of these teams goes 0-5 for example, they may be ready to make a trade with us. But know one is going to trade a decent DT now.

I just hope the team that goes 0-5 isn't us.

The Saints have been to the playoffs the same number of times the Redskins have in the last couple of seasons, and in the last two years have won exactly one more game.

Nothing personal, but I get tired of hearing how teams are contenders when they are clearly NOT. I don't care about the potential of the players they have. They haven't gotten it done. Last year all the Saints had to do was win ONE of their final three games to make the playoffs, vs Cincy, Carolina, and Minnesota.

They couldn't do it. Not only that, but in their failure they allowed their hated rival, the Falcons, to back in to the playoffs.

Here's why the Saints would trade with us. Because they are NOT a team loaded with enough talent to win the Super Bowl. Because they ARE a team loaded with enough talent to miss the playoffs. Haslett has allowed that team to self destruct two straight times, and until that changes, i am not convinced they are any better and any other run-of-the-mill team.

If McCallister goes down, then what? That's why they consider trading with a team like the Redskins.

However, that said,, I don't think it's likely, and if it is, i hope we keep Watson and trade someone else. For all the supposed good Betts brings, I don't really see it as anything better than Watson has shown us.. I see potential, and i see potential in Watson, too.

~Bang

Originally posted by GhostofWoodsonReturns

E_Legendz

I have to admit, those all-white Iggle unis are pretty sweet. I've long hoped that the Skins(esp with the darker more true burgundy they have now) would don an all-white uni. Jacksonville and Miami are the only teams I can think of that look wack in their all-whites, but they'd be helped by black shoes.

I think I read somewhere that the Redskins would be wearing all white uni's for the home opener against the Jets. That would be interesting.

Why do we think that a 4th string HB on our roster, who was a UDFA signee a couple of years ago after an uneventful career as a WR in college, and who had modest - not outstanding - success last year running the ball for us in limited duty, AND who's roster spot is not even assured this year given other team needs and the emergence of McCullough during training camp, is good trade bait for ANYONE?

Would someone explain that to me?

teams don't trade DT's for Rb's very often :)

it is a simple matter of supply and demand. there is a greater chance a veteran back who can help out (see Antowain Smith in 2001 for the Pats) will become available than a capable DT.

in that regard the Saints can afford to wait.

you won't see the Skins trade Betts, at least not before he gets a real chance to play. the front office spent a #2 pick on Betts when there were some pretty big holes to fill at OG and along the DL last season.

the rationale was that he was better than the other players out there.

now we see other second rounders taken in the same vicinity, guys like Anthony Weaver, who are starting at DE for their clubs in Year 2.

we could really have used a young DE last year to understudy Bruce.

that would have allowed us to focus on DT in the offseason and spend the money from the Upshaw contract elsewhere.

Archived