Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Predict if we trade UP for Bradford

hitmandm

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Regardless of if you think its right, wrong or whatever, the rumor is that we are trying to trade for a LT. This frees us up to take a QB. Im not sold on Clausen, but if Bradford looks as good as it seems like everyone says, he will go First Overall.

Assumptions:

Bradford looks really good at the Pro Day and it a certain lock for the Rams to want him but of course theyll listen to offers. We would have to trade up to 1 overall to get him. Regardless of the price...what is your gut feeling. What will Shanny do?

The Poll is: Do we trade up For Bradford if he looks good at his Pro Day?

Hopefully we will be able to bump this in the month and see who is right.

I think when you have the 4th pick, you have to just sit on it or trade down no matter what happens ahead of you. With all but three players still on the board, there's got to be something you really need available.

I think when you have the 4th pick, you have to just sit on it or trade down no matter what happens ahead of you. With all but three players still on the board, there's got to be something you really need available.

Perhaps. QB driven league makes those guys valuable

Regardless of if you think its right, wrong or whatever, the rumor is that we are trying to trade for a LT. This frees us up to take a QB. Im not sold on Clausen, but if Bradford looks as good as it seems like everyone says, he will go First Overall.

Assumptions:

Bradford looks really good at the Pro Day and it a certain lock for the Rams to want him but of course theyll listen to offers. We would have to trade up to 1 overall to get him. Regardless of the price...what is your gut feeling. What will Shanny do?

The Poll is: Do we trade up For Bradford if he looks good at his Pro Day?

Hopefully we will be able to bump this in the month and see who is right.

When was it announced we are trying to trade for a LT? Any idea who it is?

This exact thread was done very recently.

Trading up for Bradford would be a mistake and so I hope we don't do it. Bradford is not a perfect QB prospect. He's not a John Elway or Peyton Manning coming out. He's not even the undisputed best choice at No. 1 this year.

Bradford is a very good prospect that has some significant questions about his durability, his ability to adapt to a pro-style offense and even his arm strength. You can't sell the farm for something unless you believe it's a can't miss proposition. Bradford isn't that clear cut.

the Skins' are not 1 player away from contending. It does not make sense to mortgage your future for 1 player. Especially when your current future is not competitive. I believe Shanny/Allen will draft players that will bring us to a competitive future. They will not repeat the mistakes of the past of falling in love with a player and doing what ever it takes to get him

I think if Bradford is not there we may do something like trade our #4 pick for Gaither (Ravens OT) and get their 25th selection. This is a difference of about 1,080 points which is equivalent to a mid first rounder. We would have our LT, and we could draft a RT at #25 and the BPA with our 36th pick which could be Colt McCoy.

For whatever reason I doubt we trade up but I have been wondering if we make a deal with the Rams to pick up Bradford, then trade Campbell and whatever pick the Rams would like at #4 for Bradford.

This gets them out of the high cost Bradford would command, gives them a decent QB who protects the ball, and a player of their choice at #4. In other words they are getting two players for their #1 spot so we can have Bradford.

Trade up? With what? We have 5 picks, and glaring holes all over the team, so there is no way we trade up. This would be us giving up the entire draft to get a player who won't see the field this year.

A sensable post.

If anything we should be looking at trading down to garner more picks.

For whatever reason I doubt we trade up but I have been wondering if we make a deal with the Rams to pick up Bradford, then trade Campbell and whatever pick the Rams would like at #4 for Bradford.

This gets them out of the high cost Bradford would command, gives them a decent QB who protects the ball, and a player of their choice at #4. In other words they are getting two players for their #1 spot so we can have Bradford.

If that is the case great, but i think they will want alot more than that.

Trading up is almost impossible for what we have, #1 pick = 3000 points, while our #4 pick= 1800 points. We would have to give up our 2nd rounder and 4th and more. So I don't see it actually happening. Plus, who knows if the Rams interest in Bradford is for real or if it's a smoke screen to get someone to trade up, so they can get more picks.

I say we stand pat and get Okung, but if he's gone and Bradford is gone, they should trade back if possible and then take the best OT available at that pick.

One of a couple scenarios I see as well. Could be JC and Carter but don't think they want JC like everyone else.

A sensable post.

If anything we should be looking at trading down to garner more picks.

I agree wholeheartedly about your point of trading down to get more picks. I'd love to trade our 4th overall to move iinto the middle (13-18) of the first, and pick up a late 2nd or early 3rd. That would be my perfect draft.

I agree wholeheartedly about your point of trading down to get more picks. I'd love to trade our 4th overall to move iinto the middle (13-18) of the first, and pick up a late 2nd or early 3rd. That would be my perfect draft.

I could live with that is we go QB in the second.

I tend to agree with this, plus I think the days of throwing away your future of young players, next year's picks etc. are over. And paying that #1 overall money. I think they will pick at 4 or find a way to trade down not up.

To the OP, the Poll options given aren't a complete spread of viable options and you're combining Okung with Clausen on one.

Lumping Okung in with Clausen as an either or = some folks not voting.

The other thing is, honestly, we have no idea if Bradford's arm/shoulder is 100% or if it will cause future problems. I would be surprised if the Rams went for Bradford... an injury like that can plague a guy. Read the following article...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100226_92_0_INDIAN508117&rss_lnk=2

I would like to also see McCoy and Tebow option added to the poll. All 4 QB's are neck in neck.

Archived