Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Predict if we trade UP for Bradford

hitmandm

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Two on the same line at the same time? Think about it for a second. What are the odds both work out yet alone become starters? It's not as crazy as some who want us to draft 3 and start all of them but still, damn just damn.

But, you have defeated your point - they started in their first year. If it would have happen collectively in the same year, it would not have matter because they both excelled at it.

But, you have defeated your point - they started in their first year. If it would have happen collectively in the same year, it would not have matter because they both excelled at it.

Really? and if and buts were candies and nuts.........

Really? and if and buts were candies and nuts.........

Again, Bradford is a luxury pick. There's a possibilty that all QBs will drop. Management is hedging their bets that there will be a rookie cap. So, who will be the last over paid rookie QB.

I hate to be the one who has to burst your bubble.

Again, Bradford is a luxury pick. There's a possibilty that all QBs will drop. Management is hedging their bets that there will be a rookie cap. So, who will be the last over paid rookie QB.

Well we are saving for something that is obvious and who is better to over pay one last time? Sorry to burst yours not that either one of us has any say in the matter.

I really don't care who Team Shanny thinks is best to lead this team towards the promised land but we know a change will be made and I think 1st choice is Bradford, 2nd Clausen and 3rd LeFevour. I would love any of those.

Well we are saving for something that is obvious and who is better to over pay one last time? Sorry to burst yours not that either one of us has any say in the matter.

I really don't care who Team Shanny thinks is best to lead this team towards the promised land but we know a change will be made and I think 1st choice is Bradford, 2nd Clausen and 3rd LeFevour. I would love any of those.

It seems we are moving in a different direction than the previous group had us going in. Spending money for unproven players is not good practice and I don't think it will happen if we use what has taken place thus far.

All of the QBs you mentioned are not on my list of near, immediate help. I would bet on a FAT man first to help us right away.

It seems we are moving in a different direction than the previous group had us going in. Spending money for unproven players is not good practice and I don't think it will happen if we use what has taken place thus far.

All of the QBs you mentioned are not on my list of near, immediate help. I would bet on a FAT man first to help us right away.

To each their own. We each have an opinion such as they are.

A franchise QB is not a luxury. It is pretty much critical and mandatory in today's league.

A franchise QB is not a luxury. It is pretty much critical and mandatory in today's league.

But you have to protect him. You can't subject your prize possession getting hurt. Need I say remember Ramsey and others before him.

Dude, I'm not trying to break your stones here, but what are we saving for? It's an uncapped year, we cut some old players, and the free agent pool was thin... I don't see how that means we are saving to pay Bradford.

Considering what it cost the Giants to trade up to get Manning, and then have it turn out that the Chargers still got the better player... I hope not. And I don't think the Redskins will. It'll cost them their 2nd rounder this year and their first rounder next year to do it.

For those unaware of Bradford's injury... it's a concern and he mised throwing at Combine. We'll have to wait and see at Pro Day... but right now I think he's lucky if he goes in the first round.

The only way he doesn't go #1 overall, is if he doesn't check out medically or if he performs badly during his workouts. No way he slides out of the first round.

The only way he doesn't go #1 overall, is if he doesn't check out medically or if he performs badly during his workouts. No way he slides out of the first round.

They can't see 100% everything going on, medically. Sorry, we don't have Star Trek level sensor/tricorder abilities... they can tell certain things but they will never know 100%, only Bradford knows by how it feels and do you think he would say he isn't ok to a potential 50m paycheck?

As mentioned, he already has huge question marks with his shoulder/arm. With him missing Combine... it throws up more flags. Injuries like that to a QB can cause issues with accuracy and can cause long term effects. Once he throws at Pro Day it should give more insight... as with Tim Tebow and his motion.

They can't see 100% everything going on, medically. Sorry, we don't have Star Trek level sensor/tricorder abilities... they can tell certain things but they will never know 100%, only Bradford knows by how it feels and do you think he would say he isn't ok to a potential 50m paycheck?

As mentioned, he already has huge question marks with his shoulder/arm. With him missing Combine... it throws up more flags. Injuries like that to a QB can cause issues with accuracy and can cause long term effects. Once he throws at Pro Day it should give more insight... as with Tim Tebow and his motion.

Despite any questions you might have about his health, most teams have him rated as the #1 QB in this draft on their boards, including the Rams who seem to be very prepaired to take him with the #1 pick.

Also, Drew Brees had a similar injury to Bradford's. He's doing fine.

Despite any questions you might have about his health, most teams have him rated as the #1 QB in this draft on their boards, including the Rams who seem to be very prepaired to take him with the #1 pick.

REALLY? Are you seeing actual Head Office draft boards? WOW! Where can I go view these boards?

/sarcasmOff

Oh wait, you are looking at fan sites and sports reporters projections... which know about as much as you and me.

Nah, I would say he has dropped down at this time until at least he throws at Pro Day.

REALLY? Are you seeing actual Head Office draft boards? WOW! Where can I go view these boards?

/sarcasmOff

Oh wait, you are looking at fan sites and sports reporters projections... which know about as much as you and me.

Nah, I would say he has dropped down at this time until at least he throws at Pro Day.

Oh, well if you say so then. :ols:

i'm sorry but i just don't see it. Bradford's a good qb but he isn't that good of a qb.we don't have that many picks to begin with to be giving up more.if Bradford is gone then Shanahan needs to decide if he wants Clausen.if he doesn't then draft a lt hopefully Balaga.

You can't really put a price on a franchise QB.. If Shanny and Co. think he is a bonafide starter and will be our qb for years to come, I dont care if we have to give up 2 1st round picks

and this is the big question.... who would give up this yrs 1st and next yrs 1st for Payton Manning starting all over again? Almost all of us would. He's an awsome QB. The problem is the doubts. Will Bradford turn out like Payton or end up like Quinn? I'd say you have the same problem with Okung. Yes he's a big body and is projected to be great but will he be good in Shanahan's offense? The more pundits I hear keep saying "no" cause he's too big and slower then what Shanahan needs for his offensive style.

Then there is the fact that there is a lot and I mean a lot of talent in the OL draft pool this year. There is limited in the QB pool. Plus next year I doubt we are 4-12 again which means it will be harder to pick up a franchise QB.

I say Yes...we will trade up for him and it will cost us a boatload. The price you pay for being ina QB driven league.

It is QB driven league in the eyes of the Media. But, any decent coach knows that it doesn't really matter who the QB is as long as that QB is constantly being put on his back.

Archived