Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per: PFT Skins Sign Larry Johnson to a three yr. deal

cmoskins80

I really don't like running backs over 30 years old. That seems to be the age where almost all of them lose a step. I don't think LJ will be an exception.
This over 30 thing is blown out of preportion. It seems like the media mad this so called rule if your 30 and a runningback you automatically lose a step. How come when I was a kid growing up nobody said that about Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen, Curtis martin ect. ect ect. I think LJ can still play I just have a problem with his off the field antics. But I also think Shanny will keep him in line and i think this signing makes Clinton work twice as hard.

Three years for 3.5 million?

I don't get this signing at all, in fact I'm pretty sure Larry Johnson is as washed up as possible, but that's a pretty fair deal.

if those numbers are right this is a pure incentive based contract. we're not on the hook if he doesn't do anything, but if he blows up he makes his money.

if this is how shanahan does business, i'll take it.

screw guaranteed money.

This over 30 thing is blown out of preportion. It seems like the media mad this so called rule if your 30 and a runningback you automatically lose a step. How come when I was a kid growing up nobody said that about Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen, Curtis martin ect. ect ect. I think LJ can still play I just have a problem with his off the field antics. But I also think Shanny will keep him in line and i think this signing makes Clinton work twice as hard.

*cough* riggo *cough*

Take a good back that others haven't optimized and put him under Shanny and see what happens. If a fire isn't lit, we're out 5 mil or so. That sounds so sensible, it makes the prior regimes sound clueless. Um, err...

those numbers look too normal

vinny would've given the man a 10+mil signing bonus :ols:

Again it depends on what's guaranteed. Say he plays this year with 1.5 guar and then we have a lockout with no guar in 2011 and 2012 with no guar it looks pretty damn good then. It's the incentives I really love.

Well, for those who were freaking out about the Redskins' lack of movement in the FA, you can relax. The Skins just signed a big name player who is past his prime to a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract.

Things are back to normal.

You cant be serious the contract looks pure insentive based that is not like the past at all. Its a win win situation if he plays good he gets paid and we as fans are happy if he doesnt he gets a little over a million a year and we can get rid of him with no consequence. Totally different my friend.

I dunno man, that's a hell of a list right there. I wonder what the list is for RBs losing a step right around this age? I'd imagine it's a lot bigger. For example, LT is the latest one to be a part of the club.

i'll let you go this time, but as i was reading your list i was wondering what happened to that name...

i mean the man is the most prolific over 30 rb ever.

or are you actually CP?

it all makes sense now.

What makes it even worse is i put down Emmitt Smith....I feel a little dirty right now hahaha

I dunno man, that's a hell of a list right there. I wonder what the list is for RBs losing a step right around this age? I'd imagine it's a lot bigger. For example, LT is the latest one to be a part of the club.

there is definitely a precedence for over 30 backs going downhill, but as someone already pointed out LJ doesn't have the carries that other backs have at this stage in his career.

that makes a huge difference in how he runs. thomas jones was 30 last year i think and he was the #1 rusher on the #1 rushing team.

in this two back league rbs are going to start lasting longer.

You watch though man I think Norv liked sproles a little to much and the injuries defineately didnt help but if LT signs with the Vikings or the Jets he will look like the old LT. I really think he has something to prove.

do we still have Quinton Ganther after the purge?

Ganther is a UFA who they probably won't resign in addition to the team letting Betts, Mason, EWilliams and Cartwright go.

Current RBs on the squad are:

-Portis (starter 1a)

-Johnson (starter 1b)

-Alridge (3rd down/kick-returner)

-PJ Hill (short-yardage banger & ST)

I think all of them will make the roster - Shanny might not draft a RB this year, since we have all the angles covered with the position now, and we have a lot of other needs. He might just bring in a few UDFAs after the draft for camp fodder/potential depth. (Just a guess on my part)

I'm curious to see what PJ Hill does in training camp. He was a monster at Wisconsin - no need to draft a guy like Legarette Blount with this guy on the roster IMO:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1321

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009pjhill.php

Archived