Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.COM: R-I-P Merlin Olsen

ECU-ALUM

He played with honor and was all around good-guy.

I remember when he went to CBS and anytime the Skins played how he kept saying, "The Washington Redskins trade for Earnest Byner will go down as one of the most lopsided in NFL history. The Redskins got the better end of the deal by far!"

RIP Merlin. I enjoyed his broadcasts, I don't remember his playing days but people seem to be in agreement he was a no-brainer Hall of Famer and somewhat ahead of his time in his athletic ability at that position.

RIP Merlin Olsen. 69 isn't young but it doesn't seem old enough. :(

He played with honor and was all around good-guy.

I remember when he went to CBS and anytime the Skins played how he kept saying, "The Washington Redskins trade for Earnest Byner will go down as one of the most lopsided in NFL history. The Redskins got the better end of the deal by far!"

Hahahahaha, I remember that. He was a superlative player I remember watching a lot of nfl films and he had a pile of hilites.

I was lucky enough to see him play with the Rams. He was a perennial All-Pro and just a great, great player. He was a very good announcer and a pretty decent actor. I even liked his FTD commercials because he was believable. RIP Father Murphy and prayers for his family.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91l6IuTJLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91l6IuTJLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived