Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: ES'ers opinions about trading up for Bradford

hitmandm

Depends.

ALWAYS depends. If the coaching staff is really convinced that Bradford is the next Peyton Manning, then how can you not give up a second round pick just to move up and get that pick? If they don't think hes worth it, no need to reach.

Colt Brennan vs Jake Locker in 2007 Hawaii vs Washinton:

CB 42/50 442 yds 5 td's 0 int

JL 9/17 142 yds 0 td's 1 int

Hawaii 35 Wash 28

I was impressed with Locker and still am! No way on the trading up for SB! Head to head there was no comparison between CB and JL. But then again, Colt was beating up on peoples grandparents right?:)

Wasn't CB a senior and JL a freshman at that point? Not really a good comparison IMO.

So, give up our Qb and a #4 pick to get a QB with a busted ass shoulder, who didn't do jack at the combine, won't throw on his pro day, who won nothing of true importance in college?

I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it.... Wait, my high on just left me. Sorry, but I'd move your big NO up to your top thought as well.

Jason might not be/isn't the answer, but with other glaring holes sitting infront of him, I don't see how going #1 with a QB would be smart. I look at the Stafford deal... Great Qb, no one to protect him, injury... I say next year pull the trigger on a Qb, this year, solidify those who protect him!

First off, do you really believe he is going to be the concensus #1 pick if he does have a "busted ass" shoulder?? Cmon.

If is shoulder doesnt check out, he will be lucky to get drafted in the 3rd round,much less the 1st.

Wow, so he didnt throw at the combine, in case you havnt been following the combine lately, most of the QB's are skipping the throwing part.

No, he didnt throw at Oklahoma's Pro day, he will throw at his own.

Nothing in college??

2008 Heisman Trophy

2008 Davey O'Brien Award

2008 Sammy Baugh Trophy

2008 AP Player of the Year

2008 Co-Sporting News Player of the Year

2008 Harley Award

2008 NCAA QB of the Year

Or are you one of those fans that think its just the QB that wins games, while completley ignoring the rest of the offense, the defense, special teams, coaching staff, heck even the mascot.

No Jason isnt the answer, because if he was the team would have signed him to either a long term contract, or at least tendered him with a first and third.

And in regards to next year- we dont even know what spot we are going to be in- if we go 8-8 we may be picking 12/13/14th.

On top of that we dont know how good the qbs are going to be net year.

Now the reality of it all is that my response was a reply to the specific question the OP asked.

My view on the draft has been and will be, till something changes is:

1) trade down

2) if no trade down, grab the best offensive lineman out there

3) grab Lefevour or Skelton later in the draft to see how they develop

Jake Locker is the best QB to come out in years. But we'd have to get the #1 overall to draft him.

As for this poll, I don't ever want to trade up in the draft. Not for Bradford, not for anyone.

Jake Locker is definitely not the best QB in years. After 3 years, he still doesn't have a season completion percentage average over 60%. Find me one QB who ever did anything great who didn't at least have a 60% completion rate. He's a physical freak who happens to play QB. His style of play doesn't translate to the NFL game.

Depends.

ALWAYS depends. If the coaching staff is really convinced that Bradford is the next Peyton Manning, then how can you not give up a second round pick just to move up and get that pick? If they don't think hes worth it, no need to reach.

Good answer. As a general rule, franchise LT's and QB's are drafted. Always exceptions, but once a team gets one they don't let them go.

Now, you can get any player anywhere in the draft, but your more likely to get a franchise LT at the top of the draft.

I am not on the Bradford/Clausen bandwagon, but the only position you spend valuable draft picks on his a future franchise QB.

If the FO and coaches think Bradford is a franchise QB, then you pay the price to get him. We already have an average NFL QB. We don't even need to spend the 4th pick on a QB unless they are better than JC, and we don't need to trade up unless they think Bradford will go to multiple pro bowls.

Jake Locker is definitely not the best QB in years. After 3 years, he still doesn't have a season completion percentage average over 60%. Find me one QB who ever did anything great who didn't at least have a 60% completion rate. He's a physical freak who happens to play QB. His style of play doesn't translate to the NFL game.

His completion percentage has been trending up in a big way. There's no way he doesn't pass 60% this year. There are other QBs who have only flirted with 60%. Matt Ryan for instance didn't get above it his senior season and only barely scraped above it before that. It would be one thing if Locker is inaccurate, but he's not. He simply does not have any weaknesses in his game.

I can't post the source, but I was told there will be some QB's available in next years draft.

How about we just work with what we have and build up as many positions as possible. Then next year, if we have to, make a move in the draft to take the best QB available.

Im cool with that to. People will hate this, but keep JC for another year, then make a move for one of the top 2 rated QBs coming out next year.

Archived