Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: ES'ers opinions about trading up for Bradford

hitmandm

Says who? McShay? It's been reported that Locker didn't even get a first round grade by the advisory committee. You really think Jake went back for his teammates? Washington has no shot at anything great this year. He's not Colt McCoy or Bradford, who both had good shots at the BCS title game.

I don't know where this Locker hype comes from.

A cursory glance and Locker looks a lot like Jonathan Crompton to me.

It's just my opinion. I haven't been impressed by a college QB like that . . . ever. He's accurate, has a strong arm and a very quick release. There's really nothing he can't do.

"It's just my opinion. I haven't been impressed by a college QB like that . . . ever. He's accurate, has a strong arm and a very quick release. There's really nothing he can't do."

.....other than win big games. Doesn't the fact that Sam's record as a starter against the top tier college teams was so terrible matter to you at all? To me, that + the injury = AVOID

"It's just my opinion. I haven't been impressed by a college QB like that . . . ever. He's accurate, has a strong arm and a very quick release. There's really nothing he can't do."

.....other than win big games. Doesn't the fact that Sam's record as a starter against the top tier college teams was so terrible matter to you at all? To me, that + the injury = AVOID

I was talking about Locker.

Says who? McShay? It's been reported that Locker didn't even get a first round grade by the advisory committee. You really think Jake went back for his teammates? Washington has no shot at anything great this year. He's not Colt McCoy or Bradford, who both had good shots at the BCS title game.

I don't know where this Locker hype comes from.

A cursory glance and Locker looks a lot like Jonathan Crompton to me.

Washington is no powerhouse like Oklahoma or Texas, so yeah, this statement is true. How exactly a simple reflection of the abilities/projections of Locker, McCoy and Bradford?

I was talking about Locker.

Colt Brennan vs Jake Locker in 2007 Hawaii vs Washinton:

CB 42/50 442 yds 5 td's 0 int

JL 9/17 142 yds 0 td's 1 int

Hawaii 35 Wash 28

I was impressed with Locker and still am! No way on the trading up for SB! Head to head there was no comparison between CB and JL. But then again, Colt was beating up on peoples grandparents right?:)

IF we can trade Jason and our #4 pick to move up, then yea.

But otherwise, NO !!!

So, give up our Qb and a #4 pick to get a QB with a busted ass shoulder, who didn't do jack at the combine, won't throw on his pro day, who won nothing of true importance in college?

I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it.... Wait, my high on just left me. Sorry, but I'd move your big NO up to your top thought as well.

Jason might not be/isn't the answer, but with other glaring holes sitting infront of him, I don't see how going #1 with a QB would be smart. I look at the Stafford deal... Great Qb, no one to protect him, injury... I say next year pull the trigger on a Qb, this year, solidify those who protect him!

The only trading I want to do is back to acquire more picks. I'm not down for trading up, especially for Bradford. His injury scares me. I know that Drew Brees was injured and the few others that came back and succeeded, but not this year. I feel we have bigger needs for our 1st rounder. I'm not opposed to drafting a QB in later rounds, cause we do need one. But, who really knows what is going to happen.

You're judging Matt Stafford's career based on one year?

The QB position is a 2-3 year evaluation process.

Also, I think it's a myth that early failure by a QB is a recipe for disaster in the future. Going 1-15 didn't hurt Troy Aikman. Starting 1-6 didn't hurt Eli. Starting 3-13 didn't hurt Peyton. Drew Brees' first few years didn't keep him from winning a title.

Either a QB has got it, or they do not. And if you need to coddle a QB's confidence to get him to play well, then that tells me they are not 100% there mentally.

Here is a poll about Bradford. Rumor is that the Rams want to take him 1 overall. I dont think this is a smokescreen. Assuming that Shanny thinks Bradford is a franchise QB and that the Rams will take him 1, what do we do?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! A thousand times NO!

If we trade up, we are completely moronic. We need to ACQUIRE MORE picks, not GIVE THEM AWAY!

I want Bradford bad ( in a non gay way) but you can't give up picks in a draft this deep espeacially since we have no OL right now. Maybe if the rams are willing to take a swap JC and a second.

And a second? I don't think Devaney is that dumb. He'd need JC and our first IMO

Heck I would trade up to get him..even our pick and our 2nd rounder. Why lose the chance at a possible franchise QB for a second rounder who probably won't even be on the team in 3 years? Seems worth the risk to me...and yes, i do hate giving up draft picks for the record. I would for Bradford though.

Archived