Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEX: Redskins interested in OT/OG Barry Sims (49ers) -- UPDATED -- Signs 1yr deal with 49ers

GenMgr

As much as it might be fun to see, you'll never be able to draft 5 starters in your OL in a single draft. Maybe with 5 first and second round picks, but not 5 total, with 3 of them after the third. Players drafted after the third round are not favorites to make the team, much less start. You'll still need other OL to replace the guys form last year and provide some experienced depth.

Vinny, if you're reading this, this is how you build a playoff caliber team, by also going after depth on the OLine, and not just getting another guy from Maryland.

I think this is basically down to SF and us....lets hope he comes here so we can have him for depth or possibly a stop gap starter.

I have a feeling he may use us to get a little extra cash out of San Fran...JMHO

"I am also really fortunate to be able to play for a new team and not have to leave the Bay area where my wife Shae and I have made into our hometown. We really love it here and we have always been treated well here."

http://www.barrysims.net/

I have a feeling he may use us to get a little extra cash out of San Fran...JMHO

"I am also really fortunate to be able to play for a new team and not have to leave the Bay area where my wife Shae and I have made into our hometown. We really love it here and we have always been treated well here."

http://www.barrysims.net/

Shae needs to move on and east. LOL

San Francisco 49ers veteran free agent offensive tackle Barry Sims completed his visit with the Washington Redskins and is headed back to the Bay Area, according to a league source.

Per our source, the visit went very well and contract discussions were held.

Sims, 35, is going to weigh his options this weekend and talk it over with his wife.

A decision is expected within the next few days.

Sims started seven games last season for the 49ers and played in all 16 games.

Sims has started 134 career games, spending his entire career in the Bay Area.

The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder played for the Oakland Raiders for nine seasons before signing with San Francisco two years ago.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Barry-Sims-visits-Redskins-contract-discussed.html

San Francisco 49ers veteran free agent offensive tackle Barry Sims completed his visit with the Washington Redskins and is headed back to the Bay Area, according to a league source.

Per our source, the visit went very well and contract discussions were held.

Sims, 35, is going to weigh his options this weekend and talk it over with his wife.

A decision is expected within the next few days.

Sims started seven games last season for the 49ers and played in all 16 games.

Sims has started 134 career games, spending his entire career in the Bay Area.

The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder played for the Oakland Raiders for nine seasons before signing with San Francisco two years ago.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Barry-Sims-visits-Redskins-contract-discussed.html

Sounds like he might not be coming here?

I'm kinda getting tired of this. Let's just sign Levi and call it a 2010 FA signing period. We need to concentrate on the draft. Jezzzz!!!! Dude wants to stay on the WC and I can understand that from a roots and family standpoint.

As for #Redskins & Barry Sims - a #NFL Source says while things went well -- the #Seahawks & Pete Carroll want him in for a visit. #Skins

‎Russellmania09‎ - twitter.com - 6 minutes ago

I'm kinda getting tired of this. Let's just sign Levi and call it a 2010 FA signing period. We need to concentrate on the draft. Jezzzz!!!! Dude wants to stay on the WC and I can understand that from a roots and family standpoint.

As for #Redskins & Barry Sims - a #NFL Source says while things went well -- the #Seahawks & Pete Carroll want him in for a visit. #Skins

‎Russellmania09‎ - twitter.com - 6 minutes ago

:ols: Everybody is a little testy because previous Skins FA has been like a drug addiction! I think they are trying to sign Levi which is why we haven't seen a push for another T.

:ols: Everybody is a little testy because previous Skins FA has been like a drug addiction! I think they are trying to sign Levi which is why we haven't seen a push for another T.

:ols::ols: that was funny. I say we give it until next offseason for the fans to complete the FA splash-withdrawl process. The detox needs time to flush out the system.

I have been a little disappointed with our FA performance this off season. However, the more I think about it the better I feel. I can settle for another mediocre record this season if we are building to win down the road and not immediately. Let's face it we won't win too many more games this season than last, but if we build properly we will be a force 2-3 seasons down the road. Plus, I have a feeling we may blow our load next FA period where the potential quality of players is MUCH MUCH better.

Archived