Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Prediction: OT, QB & RB with 1st, 2nd, & 4th

skinsfanno9

Based on what we've seen with the ditching of RBs and bringing in of tackles in FA so far, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Redskins will be drafting an OT, QB and RB with the 1st, 2nd and 4th picks in the draft.

I don't know the order (I certainly hope OT is first), but I doubt we'll be seeing three Olinemen with these picks, which probably would be my preference.

Based on what we've seen with the ditching of RBs and bringing in of tackles in FA so far, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Redskins will be drafting an OT, QB and RB with the 1st, 2nd and 4th picks in the draft.

I don't know the order (I certainly hope OT is first), but I doubt we'll be seeing three Olinemen with these picks, which probably would be my preference.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're wrong, no offense. If we sign a QB like Grossman who knows Kyle's offense, chances are at minimum those first two picks will be o-line. Everyone we're going after is 30 or older, so drafting a center at 4th, guard at 2nd, and LT at 1st wouldn't shock me at all. Shanny is notorious for picking up running backs in last rounds or off the street rookies for 1000 yard season.

Just disagreeing with you, man. No harm, no foul.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're wrong, no offense. If we sign a QB like Grossman who knows Kyle's offense, chances are at minimum those first two picks will be o-line. Everyone we're going after is 30 or older, so drafting a center at 4th, guard at 2nd, and LT at 1st wouldn't shock me at all. Shanny is notorious for picking up running backs in last rounds or off the street rookies for 1000 yard season.

This is a serious question: Why would the skins even consider signing Grossman. He is NOT an upgrade over Campbell. He would be a completely wasted signing. If they sign him and pass on need positions they should be addressing in FA, then I think it's time for Allen to GITZ DA STEPPIN!....Rex Grossman...YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

Don't forget about the other 2nd rounder we will be getting for the JC trade! Maybe 2 if we dump LOS also!

Could be this OT,QB,RB,LB,OL with 1st,2nd,2nd,2nd and 4th

That is a lot of wishing but how about the franchise QB at 4 then using what we have and the two 4th rounders we get for Los and JC we fill the holes.

BTW most if not all of the OL holes will be filled by draft time.

This is a serious question: Why would the skins even consider signing Grossman. He is NOT an upgrade over Campbell. He would be a completely wasted signing. If they sign him and pass on need positions they should be addressing in FA, then I think it's time for Allen to GITZ DA STEPPIN!....Rex Grossman...YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

Rex knows the Offense from working with Kyle Shanahan. He'd come in as a #2 or #3 QB and help teach the Offense to our other guys. He's not supposed to be better than JC.

Serious answer:

We only have one QB on the roster who's ever played in an NFL regular season game. Our only other QB is a 3rd stringer who just came off IR. Rex played last year in Houston, so he'll be able to get everyone on the same page with Kyle Shanahan's offense. Rex is also only 29, and a backup, so he won't be expensive, and if JC stays, he'll be a reliable backup here for a while. He's not going to take the starting job from JC, but gun to your head who would I rather have starting, colt or Rex, who would you pick?

Be real, be honest.

That is a lot of wishing but how about the franchise QB at 4 then using what we have and the two 4th rounders we get for Los and JC we fill the holes.

I won't be mad if they take a QB at 4, that means they feel there is a franchise QB worth taking. Man I hope we can get more than 4th rounders for LOS and JC but I'll take it!

And I agree I think the OL holes will be filled by draft too

in next years starting line up maybe. There's no one available who's a long term solution though

The Washington Redskins will never have a franchise QB. The nature of Washington's fans won't let it happen. The next franchise guy we attempt to get could be a star anywhere else but here the demands of the crowd and the love of things like QB controversy would turn him into a basketcase.

You're living in fantasy land. The FA OL guys out there are mostly crap. One of the better guys was Clifton, who is decent but nothing special, and he was just re-signed by the Packers. So exactly how are we going to "fill all of the OL holes before draft time"? Our OL is already made up mostly of guys off the street or other teams' castoffs. Can we get a couple decent backups? Probably. Starting quality guys? Very unlikely.

I have no problems with disagreements here. Its just a prediction. That said, I don't see Grossman, assuming we get him, as anything other than a learning scaffold for Campbell and the rookie QB. God help us if he ever has to actually play! Also, I don't see Portis being the "guy". Just because he wasn't cut yet, doesn't mean he won't. They'll check his progress and quickly find he's not much better.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be thrilled if we got Olinemen for the first two picks - I just don't see it. Shanny wants his Elway. While I wouldn't be at all shocked if a Safety or Olineman was picked in the 4th, I just think its more likely he picks the best available RB then.

If we can't trade back, then it has to be Okung. 2nd round probably OL again. After that who knows.

I'd love it if we could trade back and pick up another second or so, but most indications seem to be that the draft is deep enough that there isn't the dying need for moving up that there is in some years. And yeah, would love to Olinemen in the first two rounds - I just don't see that happening.

If Bradford is there, I'm pretty sure we go :

1st - Bradford

2nd - best OT available

4th round I'm leaning towards OG or a Safety/Cornerback, but it really depends. RB would fit here as well depending on what linemen we have added via free agency.

I'd agree with this. If Bradford goes earlier as I'm hoping he does, I think we draft a QB in the second, and a RB in the fourth - or as you say, perhaps a safety if they see a rockin dude there and decent RBs still on the board.

Serious answer:

We only have one QB on the roster who's ever played in an NFL regular season game. Our only other QB is a 3rd stringer who just came off IR. Rex played last year in Houston, so he'll be able to get everyone on the same page with Kyle Shanahan's offense. Rex is also only 29, and a backup, so he won't be expensive, and if JC stays, he'll be a reliable backup here for a while. He's not going to take the starting job from JC, but gun to your head who would I rather have starting, colt or Rex, who would you pick?

Be real, be honest.

Seriously? I go with Colt. I figure he's not going to put up a QB rating of 10.1....or a 1.3.....or a 0.0. Yes, a 0.0 as in going 2-12 for 33 yards and 3 ints. Yeah, completed more passes to the other team than his. And that kids, was in a SuperBowl season.

Given the distribution of talent in this draft that seems pretty spot on.

There is a franchise LT that will probably be available at #4 in Okung.

There is no franchise quarterback but Pike and LeFevour are lurking after pick 32.

There are a bevy of middle round running backs that will be taken. There is no Adrian Peterson in this draft but a lot of backs that will be on NFL rosters in 2010.

Given the distribution of talent in this draft that seems pretty spot on.

There is a franchise LT that will probably be available at #4 in Okung.

There is no franchise quarterback but Pike and LeFevour are lurking after pick 32.

There are a bevy of middle round running backs that will be taken. There is no Adrian Peterson in this draft but a lot of backs that will be on NFL rosters in 2010.

Yep, that's pretty much my thinking. I sort of hope we get LeFevour - after watching this guy for a few games, he just looked absolutely rock solid in terms of accuracy and decision making, but I don't pretend I know the rest of the QBs well enough to really make a good pick there.

If we get Grossman, it's because we're going to draft Bradford or Clausen and because we believe we can trade JC for a 3rd round pick or better. No need to have both JC and Grossman. So, assuming that we get a 3rd round pick for JC, our draft could go as follows:

1. Bradford or Clausen

2. Saffold

3. Fox or Capers

4. Hardesty

5. Beadles

7. BPA

I have no problems with disagreements here. Its just a prediction. That said, I don't see Grossman, assuming we get him, as anything other than a learning scaffold for Campbell and the rookie QB. God help us if he ever has to actually play! Also, I don't see Portis being the "guy". Just because he wasn't cut yet, doesn't mean he won't. They'll check his progress and quickly find he's not much better.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be thrilled if we got Olinemen for the first two picks - I just don't see it. Shanny wants his Elway. While I wouldn't be at all shocked if a Safety or Olineman was picked in the 4th, I just think its more likely he picks the best available RB then.

Shanny might want his Elway but that doesn't mean he says him in this draft. If Shanahan identifies a franchise QB that can play at a HOF (since you said Elway) or even elite level then by all means do what you gotta do to get him. But the idea of taking a QB high in the draft just because we need one is not something I'm a fan of. Don't take a risk unless the odds are in our favor. Since we don't know what Shanhan is looking for we can't really determine if that QB is in this draft.

Shanny might want his Elway but that doesn't mean he says him in this draft. If Shanahan identifies a franchise QB that can play at a HOF (since you said Elway) or even elite level then by all means do what you gotta do to get him. But the idea of taking a QB high in the draft just because we need one is not something I'm a fan of. Don't take a risk unless the odds are in our favor. Since we don't know what Shanhan is looking for we can't really determine if that QB is in this draft.

Don't get me wrong - I'm totally fine waiting until next year for a franchise QB. I have no problems with starting Campbell - I just don't see this happening. I really do believe a QB in the first two rounds is in our future. If this doesn't happen, and we get two Olinemen instead, I'm perfectly happy.

Archived