Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone notice?

Art

In all of the highlights I saw last night from every game, the angle of the camera seemed different. The players seemed smaller. There was a more seen than I was accustomed to. I got to wondering if that is because of that new enhanced TV thing they're going to do on DirecTV which will eat up a quarter of your screen with other game information and therefore they had to pull the camera lense back a little.

Or, perhaps it's just been too long and I forgot and no one else noticed this because it didn't exist :).

Blade, I was talking about all the games and all the highlights. But, you're right. They were probably all using local television feeds and those aren't as sharp as the network stuff. Perhaps it's as simple as that.

If I was you guys, and still livin in DC, I'd be writing letters to the TV station telling how awful Michael is. He was awful when I lived there 11 years ago and beyond, and he's still awful 11 years later whenever I visit DC and have to put up with his krap. The fact that he has lasted this long makes it even more-so disgraceful and scandalous

He's just badly miscast a live booth. George is fine with prepared stuff on the nightly news, and is one of the original pioneers of the kinds of highlight packages we've come to take for granted. His Sports Machine has been on forever and is still pretty decent. He was SportCenter before there was ESPN.

But put him in the booth and ask him to handle play by play in real time and he's lost. He overcompensates with glad-handing schtik and forced bonhommie (sp?!) ... and doesn't seem to know or care that he's embarrassing himself.

All I know is, by the regular season, I'll actually be so glad for a professional network team doing the games, I'll probably not call Al Michaels a moron during the opener until halftime. :)

Michael is a buffoon.

His play-by-play consisted solely of:

"Jeff Bostic, what's wrong with your offensive line?"

"Ken Harvey, what's wrong with your defense?"

:doh:

And Mick, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I really like Sonny, Sam, and Frank. Herzog's play-by-play is usually pretty solid, at least in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Michaels screwed up his VERY FIRST line of the 2003 season:

"Good evening, everyone, welcome to Eric Stadium. . ."

"Jeff Bostic, what's wrong with your offensive line?"

"Ken Harvey, what's wrong with your defense?"

You forgot his other staple line:

"The Redskins really like this guy."

They'll need an 68-man roster to fit in all of the guys they really like, according to George.

Hi evabahdy, ah'm George Maple and this is my partner Sonny Jordanson, and welcome to Eric Stadium and preseason football between the Waffington Retskins and the Catalina Painters!

It's first down and 4 to go, hey Head Hog Jeff Bostwick! What's the matter with your offense Jeff? Huh? What's the matter down there? HUH?

Second and goal from the 45,, Robbie Peete is the quarterback,, fades back.. throws ..INTERPLETE a 5 yard gain to the tight end John Elway.

Sonny that looked like a pass, right? What's up Ken Hardy? where's your defense Ken Harpy?

Ken?

Ken?

Aw geez Sonny, we never expected this! The world is coming to an end!

Ah'm George Mydol reporting live from Armageddon.

~Bang

I thought Michaels, Sonny and the third guy all sucked big time as well as the tv presentation. What was the deal with the huge score thing that took up a quarter of the screen, I was so annoyed. Our school system does a better job televising our HS football games than they did..

Archived