Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedExField Seat Upgrade Thread 2010 - Policies and Experiences

Mark The Homer

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread or not - but can I get an opinion? I just put down a deposit for my first year of season tickets and requested end zone (vs. sidelines) in the 400's. Here's my question: which do you prefer? Corner end zone or straight behind the goalposts?

The endzone seats may or may not be better, but they are definitely a better deal.

But to get to midfield of the lower level you have to sit in the end zone at some point. I had 426 row 3 last year which were great seats but figured I had to put my time in the end zone in at some point, why wait?

I got moved to the lower level this year. Not bad for my second year with tickets.:laugh:

*EDIT* I also added two more seats!

LaxinFish29 - When and how did you find out you were upgraded? Thanks

I would take corner. In theory, you will move down to the LL faster if you are closer to the 50s.

Based on my conversations with TO this offseason, the sole criteria for determining your place in line for moving to the LL is what row you're in, not what section you're in. I am in Row 2 in the UL end zone, and was all but guaranteed I would be moved downstairs if I opted for the upgrade because of my row.

I have a hunch it's going to take a decade or more to advance from the endzone to between the 20s in the lower level. It may even be impossible when you consider the existing seat holders who have had tickets for a generation or more, the tailgate clubbers (AAA Fan Zone), and the TD clubbers, all of which have priority.

Also, the tailgate club and TD club can transfer their season ticket rights.

I think this is absolutely correct. And another thing to keep in mind when debating whether to tough it out in the LL end zone for a few years in the hopes of eventually moving around to the sidelines: prices are sure to increase significantly the next time the Skins advance a few rounds in the playoffs, and the most significant price hikes will certainly be in the lower level. $99 lower level sideline seats are a good deal compared to comparable seats for other teams and other sports. Those prices will be in line for a big boost (and possibly PSLs) if the market heats up enough.

Those prices will be in line for a big boost (and possibly PSLs) if the market heats up enough.

I think a lot of tailgate club seats are being abandoned. Forever you could not move to the LL. Now a lot of seats are opening up. This could change with the state of the economy and the play of the skins. But short term I think things will remain pretty stable.

As for PSL's, I don't think they would ever be instituted in a stadium that has never had them. I don't think skins fans will face those until we get a new stadium. Have PSL's ever been introduced into a long existing stadium?? I've never heard of it happening.

As for PSL's, I don't think they would ever be instituted in a stadium that has never had them. I don't think skins fans will face those until we get a new stadium. Have PSL's ever been introduced into a long existing stadium?? I've never heard of it happening.

Now THAT would be a PR nightmare for Danny Boy

Mark:

I have a question about bringing Redskins paraphernalia into the stadium. I doubt you can bring full fledged flags into the stadium, but what about large pennants on a small, slender, wooden pole.

I'll help you smuggle whatever you want into the stadium if you bring up lots of Parker's BBQ with you. Famous Dave could take a lesson from good ole Parker's!!!!!!

Mark:

I have a question about bringing Redskins paraphernalia into the stadium. I doubt you can bring full fledged flags into the stadium, but what about large pennants on a small, slender, wooden pole.

The flags aren't a problem. But the poles are. Back in the day, I used to bring an six foot flag pole with a Redskins flag in. I'd lay it down across the aisle and wave it back and forth after touchdowns. But after 911, they wouldn't allow poles like that because it could be used as a weapon.

What the exact restrictions are as far as length and girth, I don't know. It might be a judgment call by whoever is patting you down.

I noticed I can no longer view my invoices to see my seat assignment when I log into my account on the Redskins website. This just started yesterday.

I wonder if that's due to the activity from ESers checking for upgrade progress.

I noticed I can no longer view my invoices to see my seat assignment when I log into my account on the Redskins website. This just started yesterday.

I wonder if that's due to the activity from ESers checking for upgrade progress.

I'm guessing that's not how they wanted to announce seat upgrades.

I'm guessing that's not how they wanted to announce seat upgrades.

My link to my invoices is gone also. Sounds like they are probably hidden for everyone. Pretty funny, never a dull moment with the Redskins ticket office.

OK, good. I thought I was crazy. I logged on this morning and I could not find the link. I was starting to doubt my sanity.

Yeah mine is gone too. Maybe they removed it since May first has passed. Or maybe it was moved so that late payers can still pay and get their old seats, and recently relocated persons cant complain when they end up with different tickets from the ones on the invoice.

I guess nothing is set in stone until tickets are in hand.

Both my account details are gone as well, including the OV seats which are not upgradeable.

I doubt anything nefarious is going on, but I'm glad I printed out my paid invoice with the seat detail on it.

Good call. Mine are still there. Wonder if they will disappear by this afternoon

That would be funny! Damn they found them, we have to move them again!

Most likely just trying to clean up the web page though.

The invoices are still there, for me at least, but I had to click on "account settings". It just disappeared from the front page.

Ahh! I found it.

You're right. I think they just removed a short cut.

I clicked on Account Settings. Then View/Pay Invoices. Then click one of the invoice buttons and click continue. That brings me to the screen with all the details: section, row, seat numbers, green parking, etc.

Archived