Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedExField Seat Upgrade Thread 2010 - Policies and Experiences

Mark The Homer

I got the upgrade call!!! Woo Hoo!!! I be moving downtown.

As a few others I was advised I would be upgraded by the auto upgrade program and was asked if I would like to purchase two additional seats. I declined the seats. I was advised that the upgrades would be done by seniority.

I am in row 5 of section 424 on the visitors side; about the goal line.

Watch out Jefferson....I'm moving downtown!

Congrats on the upgrade...must be PA's turn for the upgrade calls today...:dallasuck:eaglesuck

So are you going LL or did they move you to 424 r5? Surprising they are not giving you your locations if they move you to the LL.

I am currently in the upper level in section 424. I am moving down to the lower level. I think I mentioned I was moving down several times in my message. :D

Just got the call today...auto upgrade pulled my name and I'm going lower level..Either endzone or corner wont know till June....paid on time and I guess im being rewarded for it...But anyway just wanted to spread the word that they upgrades have begun....HAIL!!!!

Congratulations Spyder!!:point2sky

But with the endzones gone there are probably only 75% of the club seats they used to have.

By my calculations, they're pulling roughly 2800 club seats. And that was out of roughly 16,000 club seats.
Yes, good points.

Also, maybe with the seats in the new section, a bunch of people didn't renew and there weren't many people behind them that enrolled in the auto-upgrade program...so nobody had dibs on these seats. That's at least possible, right?

They could have simply ear-marked all available endzone seats for upgrades from the upper level. Corner seats could have been left open for now.
I was in 317, row 19, seats 5,6 & 7. I'm now in 339, row 7, seats 1,2,& 3.
I'm with you on the section move, But I think I would have wanted to keep that row 19. Being undercover can be GREAT.
Yeah, but unless it was a night game, I was burning up! The Saints game last year had to have been in the upper 80's in my seats. That was the coolest it was for any day game all season long. I'll just wear a poncho if it rains.

lol spoken like a true club row nineteener.

I was in the club row 19 for three years. Then I moved to 446 row 1 and sat in the rain with a really good raincoat. Soak my nads like no tomorrow. You're gonna need some good quality rain pants. ;)

I bet very few folks in the lower rows of the upper level between the 20 yard lines agreed to do the auto upgrade. That would mean giving up prime sideline seats for end zone or end zone corner seats. That would be quite a change after sitting along the sidelines....even if it puts you on the lower level.

I was willing to risk a few years in bad seats hoping to eventually move towards the sidelines. I was already on the goal line in section 424 so I could be happy if I get back there on the lower level in a couple years. I actually liked the end zone action the few times our offense made it to my end of the field. Not sure I would prefer 50 yard line seats because I would always be farther away from the scoring action.

The end of June can't get here soon enough for me to find out where my new seats will be.:point2sky

lol spoken like a true club row nineteener.

I was in the club row 19 for three years. Then I moved to 446 row 1 and sat in the rain with a really good raincoat. Soak my nads like no tomorrow. You're gonna need some good quality rain pants. ;)

Your advice is duly noted and is much appreciated! I think I'll start looking now.

I bet very few folks in the lower rows of the upper level between the 20 yard lines agreed to do the auto upgrade. That would mean giving up prime sideline seats for end zone or end zone corner seats. That would be quite a change after sitting along the sidelines....even if it puts you on the lower level.

I was willing to risk a few years in bad seats hoping to eventually move towards the sidelines. I was already on the goal line in section 424 so I could be happy if I get back there on the lower level in a couple years. I actually liked the end zone action the few times our offense made it to my end of the field. Not sure I would prefer 50 yard line seats because I would always be farther away from the scoring action.

The end of June can't get here soon enough for me to find out where my new seats will be.:point2sky

But to get to midfield of the lower level you have to sit in the end zone at some point. I had 426 row 3 last year which were great seats but figured I had to put my time in the end zone in at some point, why wait?

I got moved to the lower level this year. Not bad for my second year with tickets.:laugh:

*EDIT* I also added two more seats!

Out of curiosity for the folks that are getting upgrade calls - I know you paid on time, but did you choose payment plan or pay in full? TIA!

Why does this still have an air of "Let's make a deal" about it?

It's probably just that we've been conditioned to think of a seat upgrade as hitting the lottery, but it should just be a normal, orderly process that isn't affected by phone calls or random luck.

I don't understand how a second year season ticket holder could be moving to the lower level in a stadium this size if there is an orderly process. Could that many people have opted out of the upgrade process? Short of the upper level being empty, I mean.

By the way, this forum is a great idea. It seems to be having some effect on the ticket office. Transparency is a good thing.

It's probably just that we've been conditioned to think of a seat upgrade as hitting the lottery, but it should just be a normal, orderly processed that isn't affected by phone calls or random luck.

I don't understand how a second year season ticket holder could be moving to the lower level in a stadium this size if there is an orderly process. Could that many people have opted out of the upgrade process? Short of the upper level being empty, I mean.

Sorta my point for asking - just wondering where in the queue I am or if there are certain factors that prompt the phone calls to certain individuals.

This is where I'm at. I'm in Section 429, row 12 trying to work my way down.

I despise end zone seats and doubt I would be willing to tolerate the wait to move to the sidelines in the lower bowl. To me, the only advantage of being in the lower bowl (and it is a big one) is quick exiting.

Maybe I'll have a change of heart if I see people like you being able to move from the end zone in a reasonable amount of time.

But to get to midfield of the lower level you have to sit in the end zone at some point. I had 426 row 3 last year which were great seats but figured I had to put my time in the end zone in at some point, why wait?

I got moved to the lower level this year. Not bad for my second year with tickets.:laugh:

It's probably just that we've been conditioned to think of a seat upgrade as hitting the lottery, but it should just be a normal, orderly process that isn't affected by phone calls or random luck.

By the way, this forum is a great idea. It seems to be having some effect on the ticket office. Transparency is a good thing.

So far, the only people who have posted that they moved downstairs (I think) have been people in rows 3-5 upstairs. Maybe the 1-2 row people are satisfied where they are. I have seats in 446 row 1 and I indicated upgrade but no price increase (i.e. move closer to midfield). I know it won't happen though.

I bet LaxinFish got lucky last year or year before and leap frogged over a whole bunch of people to land in row 3. Was it because of a phone call?

Regardless, that's why he's moving downstairs.

I have a hunch it's going to take a decade or more to advance from the endzone to between the 20s in the lower level. It may even be impossible when you consider the existing seat holders who have had tickets for a generation or more, the tailgate clubbers (AAA Fan Zone), and the TD clubbers, all of which have priority.

Also, the tailgate club and TD club can transfer their season ticket rights.

I think I am going to be a good test case for the upper to lower upgrades this year.

Currently, I am in 132 - dead center endzone, center goal post. This is the farthest section from the 50yl in the lowers on either home or visitor side.

If the auto upgrade is working properly, then I should be moved to a section that is closer to the 50 than everyone that is coming downstairs. That is IF the system is working as advertised.

But something tells me I'll be in 131 next year and many of those folks from the uppers are going to be around the corner. lol

With all of these offers for more tickets to those moving downstairs, the system sounds more and more like 2009 every day.

If the auto upgrade is working properly, then I should be moved to a section that is closer to the 50 than everyone that is coming downstairs. That is IF the system is working as advertised.

I think you're forgetting a key phrase in the fine print:

*Based on availability. Not all accounts can be moved each year.

Based on past history, upgrades only happen about every three years or so. But I don't think this is because of lack of availability. I think it's because of lack of available time for the TO to do the work. We can assume this because of the large number of people stuck in the upper rows who don't get upgrades relative to the large number of people who start out in great seats in lower rows.

Maybe things will change because of the "auto" part of the process...

Question for those being offered additional seats - did you already have 2 seats or 4? If the TO is offering additional seats to people who already have 4 then it makes me feel more confident in the upgrade process. They can't expect to be adding many blocks of 6 unless they are really going to compact everyone toward the 50 before adding all of the UL upgrades to the LL endzones and corners.

I'm eager to start hearing auto-upgrade results for those of us already in the LL.

Congrats to all those moving down! I was finally upgraded down to LL corner last season and really appreciate the extra time at the tailgate (saves about 20 minutes getting to the seats) and how much easier it is to get out after the game.

I think you're forgetting a key phrase in the fine print:

*Based on availability. Not all accounts can be moved each year.

Based on past history, upgrades only happen about every three years or so. But I don't think this is because of lack of availability. I think it's because of lack of available time for the TO to do the work. We can assume this because of the large number of people stuck in the upper rows who don't get upgrades relative to the large number of people who start out in great seats in lower rows.

Maybe things will change because of the "auto" part of the process...

Isn't changing this the whole point of the auto-upgrade program? I had tickets for 3 seasons in the last row of my UL section and had new ST holders appear in front of me every year. As you point out, I always assumed it was because the TO doesn't have the time to move everyone every season. I finally got moved in season 4.

My current understanding of the auto-upgrade program is that everyone who has better seats open up (down in UL or 50 in LL) should be moved to them before new ST holders. Not everyone will get moved, of course, since we know many fans with both great and bad seats won't be giving them up. UL ticket holders between the 30s and LL ticket holders between the 20s shouldn't be holding their breath, but SCM has a point. Shouldn't we expect the LL to work the same way as new ST holders in the UL...everyone gets moved before the upgrades down fill in behind?

... Shouldn't we expect the LL to work the same way as new ST holders in the UL...everyone gets moved before the upgrades down fill in behind?

Not necessarily. There are two reasons seats become available - season ticket holders not paying their invoice, and upgrades. I think the seats opening up now in the LL endzone are fans that haven't paid. For example, if 1,000 fans don't re-up in the LL endzone, the TO can move people from upstairs into the LL endzone into those seats. That doesn't mean others downstairs won't move closer to mid field, and that doesn't mean more seats won't open up in the LL endzone later as/if they upgrade season ticket holders closer to mid-field one section at a time.

Not necessarily. There are two reasons seats become available - season ticket holders not paying their invoice, and upgrades. I think the seats opening up now in the LL endzone are fans that haven't paid. For example, if 1,000 fans don't re-up in the LL endzone, the TO can move people from upstairs into the LL endzone into those seats. That doesn't mean others downstairs won't move closer to mid field, and that doesn't mean more seats won't open up in the LL endzone later as/if they upgrade season ticket holders closer to mid-field one section at a time.

I think the TO now knows roughly how many open seats they have in the ENTIRE lower level now that they have stopped allowing late payments. That equals the number of people moving down minus the number of seats being reserved for TD Club, Tailgate Club, players, visiting teams, media, etc. The TO is calling those of us at the front of the line to let us know we will be upgraded and do we want two extra seats so they can minimize the number of seat accounts. They are not assigning seats yet. It is the same process the TO office uses to advise people on the ticket wait list that they are now eligible for upper level seats. They know roughly how many seats are available and are lining people up to fill those seats.

In May, I assume they will start moving people towards the 50 yard line who asked to be moved as part of the auto upgrade program. Then they start putting us folks from the upper level in the lower level seats according to seniority.

I just wonder if some from the upper level could get moved to sideline seats if not enough people in the end zone seats signed up for the auto upgrade program. Lots of people often ignore doing these kinds of things while others I know love their end zone seats. Will be interesting in June to see what we all report back with.

Congratulations!

But the real question is how did you score 3rd row seats in your first year as a STH? Lots of STHs behind you were real ticked off last year when that stuff happened. That's why a true auto upgrade feature with clear rules is what all of us more senior STHs have wanted for years. It used to be the luck of the draw when you called the TO. I benefitted from that one year going from row 26 to row 5 in section 424. Not fair to all those I leaped over but I have enjoyed the upgrade for several years now.

I think I am going to be a good test case for the upper to lower upgrades this year.

Currently, I am in 132 - dead center endzone, center goal post. This is the farthest section from the 50yl in the lowers on either home or visitor side.

But something tells me I'll be in 131 next year and many of those folks from the uppers are going to be around the corner. lol

With all of these offers for more tickets to those moving downstairs, the system sounds more and more like 2009 every day.

I may be wrong...and my stuff is at home. But I thought somewhere the Redskins said the lower level upgrades would be one section at a time. So I think you are right. You may get moved over one section towards the corner.

I am hoping to be in a corner end zone seat with hopes that I may move to at least the goal line within a couple years. I sit at the goal line now in the upper deck so I would be back to where I was but in the lower level.

Wow. Upgraded before the final payment. You must have some charm.:bow:

Remember....I have been SELECTED for the auto upgrade. I have NOT been assigned seats yet...neither have any of the other posters who got calls.

I would assume that if my credit card transaction did not go through and I refused to pay the TO in some way, my actual upgrade would not happen.

Remember, we are like those on the wait list trying to get into the upper deck seats. In the past, some have been told the bad news that the Redskins ran out of open seats and the person had to be placed back on the top of the wait list. I recall at least one post telling us that recently.

So it is not a done deal until June/July.:D

Archived