Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis was right about Lavar

TheMarionBarberHitman

Heres the link to CP on the NFL Network at the super bowl

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/09000d5d8163a46e/Portis-looking-to-2010

its at the 7:30 mark but you should watch the whole interview its a great interview.

First off id like to say i love 106.7thefan. well except for chad dukes he is an idiot. (i used to be a fan until he sucked up to JC then talked s when he wasnt interviewing him)

anyway lavar was one of my favorite players growing up but i do remember the situation Lavar was being a huge baby about the whole thing and he fell out of favor with the coaching staff and ownership. Then when he signed with New York he talked an S load of crap about the skins and even gave away "info" to the NYG coaching staff.

Now lavar is set to respond to portis around 5:10 and i plan on calling in and reminding him of what a tool he was when he left this organization. I still like lavar but if he responds in a negative fashion to CP he should be told off because quite frankly Portis is 100% right on this one.

Personally, I loved his comments at the end of the interview about him being a system RB. He has proven that he can put up great numbers when being used differently, i.e. Gibbs power back running game. He took his beating and now the Denver running scheme will be installed.

No way Shanny gets rid of Portis this season. He's got a couple of years left in the tank and Shanny automatically has a RB that knows the system. I expect Portis to be gone the following year though.

I don't expect career numbers in season 1, especially if we don't address the o-line in both free agency and draft.

Can't we get Clinton to sneak some guns into the locker room so he gets "Gilberted"? Is anyone else as sick of his act as I am? Clinton is the prime example of an athlete that his game is slipping and he knows it, and wants to do whatever he can to stay relevant. LaVar isn't a class act, but damn Portis is turning into a real diva.

Can't we get Clinton to sneak some guns into the locker room so he gets "Gilberted"? Is anyone else as sick of his act as I am? Clinton is the prime example of an athlete that his game is slipping and he knows it, and wants to do whatever he can to stay relevant. LaVar isn't a class act, but damn Portis is turning into a real diva.

I'm fine with CP as long as he gets his **** in gear and starts working hard again.

For an opinion and further reading material...Dan Steinberg

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/02/clinton_portis_riles_up_lavar.html#more

"The Clinton Portis in Denver was young and fun, not a care in the world, 20, 21 years old, I was having fun," Portis responded. "I had Shannon Sharpe, I had Rod Smith, I had Ed McCaffrey, I had Al Wilson, John [Mobley], I had all these guys who showed me the ropes and brought me along and carried me and helped me out.

"And coming to D.C., it was like all of the sudden in D.C., some of the players feel like it was a money situation, who getting the money is a captain," he continued. "LaVar Arrington was the man in D.C. when I arrived, and all of the sudden LaVar felt like it was competition, and he left D.C. He didn't want to be in D.C. any more. He gave back $15, 20 million to leave D.C., because he felt like he wasn't the main money guy, because everybody was getting [paid]. Laveranues, myself, Deion was still getting paid, so he even had input. So I think it was just the wrong attitude, and I think for some of the beliefs that was funneled through, it was like whoever gets the money was the captain."

He even added some of the previous CP "outbursts" in case you feel that this particular topic was warranted.

I have a bigger respect for Portis now. This might have just been a scrpited interview, but he raised his stock with me. I hope Portis comes back stronger than ever and dominates the way he used to now. He still can be a good back.

No.

This wasn't a "Scripted" interview. He was asked what has changed from the Clinton Portis who played in Denver to the Clinton Portis of today. Like, "how did your skills change", "running style" etc. . . CP took it to, "Hey, LaVar this..."

Same story as always with this clown. Blame everyone.

Explain how he was being stupid? i saw him as being 100% right.

Shanahan came out two weeks ago, and said something to the effect of "he didn't want a running back that was an attention whore."

And Portis just can't help himself.

It doesn't matter if he's right. Portis has got to stop throwing guys under the bus. He just needs to shut his yap and play football.
:applause: Why does this matter? How high is this on the list of things to making our football team better?

I mean come on.

And this wasn't a dig at the OP BTW.

Archived