Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox won't turn on

Hubbs

Just wondering if anyone here has had this problem. Yesterday, my Xbox worked fine. Today, absolutely nothing happens when I push the power button. I'm not getting the Red Ring of Death or anything. I've plugged it into different plugs, the power converter's light is on, but I might as well be pushing a random block of plastic. (I've taken the other end of the plug out of the Xbox and put it back in, too.) Does anybody have any advice for this?

Just wondering if anyone here has had this problem. Yesterday, my Xbox worked fine. Today, absolutely nothing happens when I push the power button. I'm not getting the Red Ring of Death or anything. I've plugged it into different plugs, the power converter's light is on, but I might as well be pushing a random block of plastic. (I've taken the other end of the plug out of the Xbox and put it back in, too.) Does anybody have any advice for this?

My son's had the same problem. We called X-Box and had to send the system back. They sent us a new 360. I would suggest you call them, regardless of how old it is.

Xbox 360 is a piece of crap. Mine broke twice! The first time Microsoft fixed it for free, then a year later I had trouble with the DVD drive. They wanted to charge me $100 to fix it!

Buy a PS3, it's an investment you won't regret.

I had a ps3 die on me, guess they are crap too.:silly:

Thats why I went back to my trusty 2600. 27 years and still going strong.

Xbox 360 is a piece of crap. Mine broke twice! The first time Microsoft fixed it for free, then a year later I had trouble with the DVD drive. They wanted to charge me $100 to fix it!

Buy a PS3, it's an investment you won't regret.

Unfortunately your wrong.....The PS3 failure rate is right on par with Xbox. The only difference is Sony charges $200 for any fixes that are made with the console. I have both systems.....at least Microsoft will pay for a **** up.

Unfortunately your wrong.....The PS3 failure rate is right on par with Xbox. The only difference is Sony charges $200 for any fixes that are made with the console. I have both systems.....at least Microsoft will pay for a **** up.

Any surveys to back that up?

Because the one by Game Informer completely disagrees with your post.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/08/18/xbox-360-failure-rate-over-50-percent-ps3-wii-more-reliable/

Game Informer conducted a survey of around 5,000 of its readers to find out just how bad the problem was. According to Consumerist it found that the overall hardware failure rate for the Xbox 360 is 54.2 percent. The PS3 does around five times better with a hardware failure rate of 10.6 percent, while the Wii performs even better with a failure rate of just 6.8 percent.

And this one from squaretrade:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

As with the Game Informer study, SquareTrade found that the Xbox 360's failure rate was far higher than its rivals. Some 23.7 percent of those surveyed failed within two years of purchase: 12 percent from the infamous "Red Ring of Death" and 11.7 percent from other problems, including the "E74" error.

Any surveys to back that up?

Because the one by Game Informer completely disagrees with your post.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/08/18/xbox-360-failure-rate-over-50-percent-ps3-wii-more-reliable/

And this one from squaretrade:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

You throw one link there? How about some of us who had the original PS3's when they were released and had to ship them back to Sony 3 times? My xbox was shipped back only twice. All 3 of my roomates had to ship them back for dead blu ray drives in which cost $200 a pop to fix. You know what my Xbox cost to ship back twice? A big bagel O.

Just got mine back from getting fixed. A capacitor needed replaced. I had power, wouldn't boot up, no ring of death, and the drive wouldn't open.

I never buy service plans on anything, but did for the XBOX 360 because of the known problems. Got it fixed, but took 5 weeks to get back.

buy a ps3.:pfft::silly:

You throw one link there? How about some of us who had the original PS3's when they were released and had to ship them back to Sony 3 times? My xbox was shipped back only twice. All 3 of my roomates had to ship them back for dead blu ray drives in which cost $200 a pop to fix. You know what my Xbox cost to ship back twice? A big bagel O.

There were 2 links and 2 different surveys. Both of which found the xbox had a higher failure rate.

A survey is a little better than some personal stories. Because if we are going by personal accounts 100% (10 of my friends that have xbox360s) have sent them all back for failure at some point and time.

Yesterday, my Xbox worked fine. Today, absolutely nothing happens when I push the power button.

Call Microsoft, they'll ship you a cardboard coffin to send them your unit.

This happens alot with 360s. I'm on my third. Ridiculous.

Bought a PS3 also, absolutely no problems with that.

Archived