Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MAG Thread

KDawg

I've been thinking about getting it, but haven't heard much.

I've heard it's different than MW2 and more team based. Sounds good to me. If it sucks I'll return it and get $35 store credit. Turns into an expensive rental, but whatever.

Although I don't have alot of video game time with my schedule, I have some tonight, so I figure its as good a time as any.

I was thinking about getting it when i get paid Friday as well. I'm tired of the whole Call of Duty scene. And to the OP.... Its a PS3 exclusive so you have to play on PS3. Too many good games coming though. White Knight Chronicles looks good, Dante's Inferno, GOW3 and FFXIII in March as well. Since October of last year PS3 is really doing the damn thing.

I was thinking about getting it when i get paid Friday as well. I'm tired of the whole Call of Duty scene. And to the OP.... Its a PS3 exclusive so you have to play on PS3. Too many good games coming though. White Knight Chronicles looks good, Dante's Inferno, GOW3 and FFXIII in March as well. Since October of last year PS3 is really doing the damn thing.

Nice. GOW3 will be covered by a gift certificate. Other than that, I'm just waiting for NCAA and Madden unless something else unexpectedly catches my attention.

I put $5 down and played the demo back in October. It was pretty cool. A LOT different from MW2. no perks whatsoever. just you and your guns.

Definitely objective based. This ain't no MW2 for sure. When I first logged on, there were people giving orders and telling everybody what to do. At first, I was like "really?" But eventually I fould myself falling in and following the guy's orders LOL It worked, too.

For FPS fans, definitely a good change of pace from MW2. I'll probably pick it up this Friday.

Yea I played the demo. There are perks but you just unlock them by leveling up I believe no special challenges. They have been working on these servers for years to support 256 players with no lag and I don't remember much lag during the demo.

What I think Skins_Fan82 is talking about is that you level up in rank and you actually can apply to be a medic to heal other people wounded or apply as an officer which you can give out orders that your squad has to follow to complete the objectives and get points.

paging boysetsfire.....

Haha ok.

For those saying its boring, I can see what you mean. Don't let the 256 players in one room scare you that much. Yeah there are 128 players per team but there are 4 platoons with 4 squads of 8 people per platoon. Meaning each platoon has a certain objective they have to accomplish. So it's not a 128 vs 128 team deathmatch. This is where teammwork comes in to play. If you're squad or platoon doesn't use any you're not going to get anywhere. Trust me. So if your squad leader tells you to do something then you better do it.

The other game modes are pretty much the same deal but with less people. This whole game is centered around teammwork and mics. Mics are definitely encouraged. I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever. It's definitely not MW2. If anyone wants to play add me: IM_LOOSE

I play with my clan every night so if you join one of our rooms we'll show you how to get accustomed to the game.

One of my longtime PC gaming friends got this for his PS3 and has been playing non stop, he has nothing but good things to say about it. It seems pretty awesome to be fighting a sort of large scale battle like that. He said he was with a squad of guys and they were basically ambushing people like it was a war and stuff. Sounds cool, too bad I don't have a ps3.

So... New thoughts on the game: It's not as boring as I originally thought. I think the fact that I had zero clue what was going on led to the original opinion. I played it for 4 hours last night (for me, that's an eternity on a video game) and I like it. Played with boysetsfire (He's good) and although I still blow, I like it alot more.

It's alot tougher to get away in this game as well once you're in someone's sights. MW2 you can book it and get away a high percentage of the time. In a close firefight someone is going down in MAG. Knifing isn't a one swipe kill kind of deal, either.

You have progressive health, so if you get shot, your health drops to 50% or 80% or 10% or whatever. The only way to get it back up is to heal with a first aid kit... Not sure if a medic can heal you but I'm pretty sure they can. When you die, you "bleed out" and you can choose to lay there and hope a medic revives you or you can choose to bleed out and respawn at the next respawn time (1-20 seconds or so).

Again, we're on Valor, so if you play and want to play with us don't join Raven or SVER.

Archived