Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From what I understand, Mass Effect has more action elements in the gameplay than Knights of the Old Republic.

I ****ing love KOTOR by the way. I'm actually just now finishing up playing KOTOR 1 on my 360. I really wish they were making a true third game in the series.

From this thread, I've gathered that I need to go back and play through Mass Effect 1 before I can take on the sequel, but it'll have to wait until I take the GMAT in a few weeks. Damn, I'm going to be so far behind everyone else with this.

Yeah you do need to go back and replay Mass Effect 1. EVERY choice you make carries over to the second game. I've actually met people in ME2 from side quests who I thought I'd never see again.

i havent played ME2 yet, but fallout 3 is my favorite game ever. my favorite combat setup as well

Cool SU, I like this answer because Fallout is much cheaper than both Mass Effects. :) It's based in the 50s though and that kind of makes me tentative. The thing I want the most from the RPG is a gigantic ability to customize your character. I want the game to be VERY sensitive to where you put XP, and I want a huge variety of choices for armor and weapons. KOTOR didn't satisfy me enough in both of those regards to want to beat it twice.

Cool SU, I like this answer because Fallout is much cheaper than both Mass Effects. :) It's based in the 50s though and that kind of makes me tentative. The thing I want the most from the RPG is a gigantic ability to customize your character. I want the game to be VERY sensitive to where you put XP, and I want a huge variety of choices for armor and weapons. KOTOR didn't satisfy me enough in both of those regards to want to beat it twice.

if you get fallout 3, be patient the first couple of hours. it starts kinda slow, but once you make it past that its pure greatness the rest of the way

Based on that I'd say fallout 3, and trust me nothing about fallout 3 will remind you of the 50's, except maybe, maybe some of the music.

ME2 is a lot better than 1. All those cookie cutter side missions are gone. Thank goodness. All that micro-managing of your equipment is gone.The action is more fun, too. I'm playing as a Vanguard with biotics abilities and its cool to be able to pull or do that shockwave. Or freezing your ememies and then doing a biotic charge to shatter them. Sweet! Also, it's pretty cool to see stuff that happened in 1 and the decisions I made back then come back around in some form or other now in 2. Really an engaging story. I love this game all around. A huge step forward from ME1

ME2 is a lot better than 1. All those cookie cutter side missions are gone. Thank goodness. All that micro-managing of your equipment is gone.The action is more fun, too. I'm playing as a Vanguard with biotics abilities and its cool to be able to pull or do that shockwave. Or freezing your ememies and then doing a biotic charge to shatter them. Sweet! Also, it's pretty cool to see stuff that happened in 1 and the decisions I made back then come back around in some form or other now in 2. Really an engaging story. I love this game all around. A huge step forward from ME1

I'm a Vanguard too I love it. I'm getting close to beating the game and when I do I'm going to play it again with a different character and with a different ME1 save so I have different choices to see how different it is.

Beat the game last night. Lived up to all the hype and expectations. I picked the renegade option at the end of the game, but that's how I play.

Now I gotta wait another two years for ME 3, lol.

Also, I know there are tons of great games out there, but it speaks for Mass Effect when it is able to get me to like it and play it so much when the only other game I really play is NCAA football.

Fantastic game that lived up to its hype. It made huge strides forward by completely revamping combat from ME1, which had too much micro-managing powers and not enough fast combat. The story was awesome, but felt a tad less epic to me (until the end though - the last mission makes up for a lot of the recruiting quests).

The best thing about the game is that pointless side quests are gone now. Every mission you go on has some impact on the story, and you have incentive to do them, especially loyalty missions.

Overall, ME1 was a good/great game that had some flawed combat, but immersed you enough that you wanted to keep playing to see the story through.

ME2 however was an amazing/flawless game that makes you love combat and immerses you with a creative and interesting story with some huge twists.

I really like ME2, I like the upgrade system for the weapons,but I don't like how they basically stripped away the item and inventory system. thats a staple of RPGs.

still an amazing AAA game on it's own, but ME1 IMO was an RPG with shooter traits. ME2 is a shooter with RPG traits. they killed the item/inventory system. neutered the character development as far as focusing on certain aspects.

as a shooter ME2 is better easily. but as an RPG... ME1 destroys ME2. soooo much more customization.

just an opinion. I like both games alot and both are worth purchases,but I truely hope ME3 goes to more of the ME1 RPG style. hell put it in 1st person if they took out any more RPG elements . I dont really like 3rd person shooters to begin with like GoW.

I really like ME2, I like the upgrade system for the weapons,but I don't like how they basically stripped away the item and inventory system. thats a staple of RPGs.

still an amazing AAA game on it's own, but ME1 IMO was an RPG with shooter traits. ME2 is a shooter with RPG traits. they killed the item/inventory system. neutered the character development as far as focusing on certain aspects.

as a shooter ME2 is better easily. but as an RPG... ME1 destroys ME2. soooo much more customization.

just an opinion. I like both games alot and both are worth purchases,but I truely hope ME3 goes to more of the ME1 RPG style. hell put it in 1st person if they took out any more RPG elements . I dont really like 3rd person shooters to begin with like GoW.

Yeah I agree with this. Feels like they dumbed down ME2. It's still a great game but it doesn't really have quite the RPG feel.

I haven't beaten the game yet but I think I'm getting close. Still got a few loyalty missions to go. My favorite new feature is being able to hit LT or RT during cutscenes to do something heroic or badass.

I'm really loving the specific team member quest/loyalty quest. Seems like each one gives you a chance to really use the quicktime paragon/renegade options. I love those quicktime events. Really lets you decide how much of a bad ass you want to be.

Most of the time I play as a very good character, but for this game I decided to go with a little more of an attitude.

• 1 month later...

Archived