Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need Kerry Collins at QB next season

SkinsBoss

I thought this thread was going to be a joke, I honestly did. Sadly it was not.

Among the several holes in your logic that many have pointed out, what on earth makes you think Tennessee would want JC? Right now Vince Young is the golden boy in Nashville. The last thing any Titans teammate, staff, or fan is thinking is that they need a change at QB. And JC won't go where he can't start.

];7242529']Take for example Erasmus James. A former 1st round pick who was traded for a mere 7th rounder' date=' and a conditional pick at that. James was still young, and had ideal size, so how come he couldn't bring in a higher pick? Simply put, NFL teams don't like to make it seem like they can make the best out of a failed prospect. [/quote']

I agree JC wouldn't get a lot, but the Erasmus James comparison is poor. JC will come pretty cheap and the FA market is very weak. Any team that drafts Snead will not (should not) be starting him this year. I don't think a 3rd or 4th is out of the question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_James

James missed most of the 2006 and 2007 seasons with injuries. The Vikings made their intentions clear to waive James on May 23, 2008, but later rescinded the waiver after the Washington Redskins offered a conditional 2009 seventh-round draft choice.

It would be nice if we could pull off a trade similar to the Atlanta/Texans trade for Schaub with Buffalo. Switch firsts, and get their 2nd (about even) and add a 2nd next year (higher value for Campbell but wait a year). At 9 there is a good chance Bradford is there (I think Seattle would go with Claussen and Chiefs/Browns/Raiders have too much invested in QB's). Then have two high second rounders and go Selvish Capers/Jason Fox or Iuputi if he falls. RT and LT (or OG) addressed and both guys would fit the ZBS well.

I don't want KC though...it'd be Colt Brennan and let Bradford take over mid-season if he fails.

Dreaming is fun...

oh god!!!! someone shoot me ...please dont go after this clown

I'd take my chances with Campbell anyday over Collins. He played horribly, and then got benched. Then the Titans started playing good football. Another year older added to that? No thanks to Mr. :40oz:. Remember, Vinny's gone! :D

Why do people keep spreading this false statement "Denver preferred Orton over Campbell", that's not true at all. That's what you ES know it all took from it, the fact was Washington didn't have or wanted to give up two 1st round and a 3rd round pick plus Jason Campbell for Jay Cutler. PERIOD!!!!!!! We would've been CRAZY to do that and I'm glad we didn't.

4 players for a bum QB would've been Denver rapping Washington yet again and we said NO!!!!!

RED06

We didn't say no.

John Clayton had already called up local sports guys to tell us the trade had gone down. We essentially offered two first and Campbell, and Denver was going to take it, until Chicago offered the same with Orton.

They went with Chicago because of Orton. We very nearly had him, but lucked out that Chicago matched our offer. Otherwise we wouldn't have Orakpo, plus the opportunity to draft either the best OT or QB in the draft.

Although, we don't know where we would have finished with Cutler at QB, so the latter might be a moot point.

How come fans think any other player from another team,will come here and be our saviour?

I wonder sometimes, Why do people hate Danny so much?

He belives in that same logic too!

And I'll add, how come our fans think our players are valued more than they really are. I mean, if all these trades went down, we would have traded Cooley, Portis, Moss, Carter, ARE, Campbell and Betts in exchange for 6 firsts, 4 seconds , 3 thirds and a 4th round pick. We'd have 22 picks in this years draft. Of course we'd only have 11 players under contract for 2010, but by golly we'd have a plethora of picks.:doh:

Kerry Collins is one of those players who should NEVER, EVER be a Redskin.

Too much pain there. He's ripped my heart out too many times.

I just can't get behind him, rather endure Jason Crapbell one more year, than have to cheer for Kerry Collins.

At least with Crapbell we know we'll get a flat-liner, with Collins we might actually get our hopes up and pay him big money only to see him come out and half-*** and just beat us all to death.

Who is on your "Top 5 do not want on my team list"?

1. McNabb

2. Terrell Owens

3. Kerry Collins

4. Jeremy Shockey

5. Mike Alstott

Archived