Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tomilson, Bush, McGahee, Merriman, Kampman......targets?(Merged)

Looking For Number Four

For the umpteenth time, we are not just one player away from a superbowl. Say no to giving big contracts and draft picks away.

I don't think the OP was implying that. He's simply saying that their are some quality players available this offseason, and with a overhaul coming this season perhaps they are ideal for the kinds of schemes we're going to be using.

And by the way, one good game by Bush against a swiss cheese defense will not cause me to forget about his lackluster performance as an RB these last few years, and the fact that he sucks at pass protection

This

];7235632']Merriman would be fantastic' date=' assuming we pay him what he's worth now, and not what he would have been worth in 2006.

Add to the fact that he is a local lad, and he grew up a Skins fan, the move only makes sense. But again, only at the right price.[/quote']

I don't care if he grew up a Skins fan...he's still not worth what he thinks he is.

Merriman... drop in production the last few years, knee surgery, Tila Tequila tweets, the steroid thing....we DON'T need another Sideshow Bob.

I agree..people ***** about CP and all he's doing is talking but wouldn't mind all this baggage with Merriman or Marshall....funny:doh:

The only 2 id consider are merriman and mcgahee. McGahee seems like a real team player and still has tread left. That is only if Portis is done here. Merriman seems like a shoe in to be here next year. He has stated he wants to come back to Maryland and he is a skins fan so i like the move. I dont think we will overpay for him because of him wanting to be here and his decline.

I don't care if he grew up a Skins fan...he's still not worth what he thinks he is.

Could you point to the article where Merriman claims his worth?

Or are you insinuating that I was suggesting we over pay for him, when I said that we should pick him up for the right price.

I didn't read most of this thread so no idea if somebody else said this...but it never ceases to amaze me that this bored complained for years about Synder/Vinnie. Yet people everyday start stupid threads about which overpriced, over hyped free agent the Skins should pick up next.

Haven't we already been down that road people? I'm mean seriously....

];7235705']Could you point to the article where Merriman claims his worth?

Or are you insinuating that I was suggesting we over pay for him' date=' when I said that we should pick him up for the right price.[/quote']

He's not worth bringing in even if it were for 2-3 mil a year.

We're trying to CHANGE the culture/attitudes that have HELD this team from achieving the greatness that this franchise was known for.

Merriman seems like a nice guy and all,but as was said the steroids scandal ALONE has me in disbelief that you would want this guy repppin' the burgundy and gold. Factor in this on going "internet beef" with Tila Vodka. And that he is not Mr.Lights Out anymore....PASS Bruce and Mike PASS.

i am hearing Shawne Merriman wants of the left coast and wants to come home

and we know home is maryland and he grew up a redskins fans

connect the dots

Would love to see Shawne in a Redskins uniform. He wasn't 100% healthy this year. But, when he is ... the guy is a beast, and a disruptive play maker.

I would prefer him any day over Phillip Daniels, or Andre Carter.

Would love to see Shawne in a Redskins uniform. He wasn't 100% healthy this year. But, when he is ... the guy is a beast, and a disruptive play maker.

I would prefer him any day over Phillip Daniels, or Andre Carter.

No, he just wasn't on steroids this year.

Merriman's not worth bringing in. Period. He hasn't been overly productive in anything OLB related since the steroid story broke, and he plays in a more aggressive scheme suited to his supposed strengths in San Diego. I'm sure if he came here, he'd get back to his 2005 form. :doh:

Bush doesn't run hard. He has the speed to be that one cut and go guy, but he doesn't have the vision to make that initial cut.

What about Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour players we can get without actually have to give up draft picks. That is if they aren't franchised of course

Hampton is a UFA and has a promise from the Steelers that they won't franchise tag him. If the Skins are serious about going to a 3-4 then they will at least kick his 32 year old tires.

Wilfork is a UFA but NE will either do a deal with him soon or use the tag.

Seymour doesn't have much in the tank.

For the umpteenth time, we are not just one player away from a superbowl. Say no to giving big contracts and draft picks away.

To quote another poster: I hate you all. :mad:

I don't think anyone has suggested that. I think posters have simply determined we have more needs than draft picks, even if we hit with every selection. If these guys are tendered as RFA's, which I assume they will be, my interest is virtually gone outside of late draft picks for compensation. If they want big money my interest is also gone because I expect them to be out of their prime by the time we are in contention for anything relevant. That being said we still owe it to ourselves to consider every possible oppurtunity to improve the talent level of our team.

People need to also realize that merrimans injury or anything that involves liagaments takes a while to heal. He has really healed completely since that injury.

Also keep in mind in an uncapped year san diego can only sign so many players, and since they are the top 8 teams they can't sign anyone unless they lose a player.

If we were to get merriman in an uncapped year sign him to a good conract heavy in the 1st year to the uncapped year, but also give him incentive bonuses that way were covered.

I personally like this move as it would allow us to be more open and allow orakpo to have more playing time on the end.

I don't think anyone has suggested that. I think posters have simply determined we have more needs than draft picks, even if we hit with every selection. If these guys are tendered as RFA's, which I assume they will be, my interest is virtually gone outside of late draft picks for compensation. If they want big money my interest is also gone because I expect them to be out of their prime by the time we are in contention for anything relevant. That being said we still owe it to ourselves to consider every possible oppurtunity to improve the talent level of our team.

None of these people would be mentioned if they were likely to become Restricted Free Agents, listed under their names are reasons why they are unlikely to be with their respective teams next season.

Bush is $8M, LT has roster bonus and is not really wanted in SD anymore, Merriman has lost all production since injury and is not longer cheap, McGahee is $3.6M as the backup to Ray Rice, etc etc. etc.

Point Of Post = Assume they are UFA ;)

Archived