Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want to draft a LT, trade with the Seahawks

hitmandm

Listen....if theres a Franchise QB available. You must get him at all costs. No important player on team. If not, then it will do us no good to draft a QB. We need to get a franhise OL like Okung. If he isnt there, try and trade down, knowing tha Suh is these and we may get a bite for him. Trade down will allow up to really start loooking at these elite Players. OL is irst, but i willhave a proble passing up Berry although he it too small. Importanly, I think we should get a LB in. Withn the trade down picks grab all sorts of ol, buts keep these elite players to us. Franchise QB, then Franchise OLT , the BPA

Don't like the idea of trowing next years picks around for a player now. We need to rebuild almost the hole o-line, no need to do that in one season.

I would like to see it like this, pick Bradford or Clausen with the first because I don't like the QB's comming out in 2011 for the Shanny off.

Take a OT in with the second, Fox, Brown, Black or .....

Rest of the draft BPA

Then in 2011 take a OT with the first, Barksdale, Lee Ziemba (love this kids talent), Castonzo or Nate ''Tall boy'' Solder (kid is 6'9'' and athletic).

Rest of the draft BPA

Nooooooooooooo Noooooooooooooooooooooo Nooooooooooooooooooo we need a full draft next year we might as well have kept Vinnie around. There are no sure fire franchise QB's in this draft......................................And why everything we do it involves giving our draft picks away let a team give us their draft picks.

First and second round picks are gold. I don't want to give up our 2011 first and 2010 second for one first even if it is the 6th pick.

There is no guarantee that any pick is a franchise one. Injuries happen all the time. San Diego thought they had their franchise QB with Ryan Leaf. No guarantees.

Can we please stop the idea of trading picks for so and so. Face the music Skin fans, for the last 10 years the franchise has been on this road to instant success, and all for not . We now have "football " individuals such as Allen and Shanahan to run with the ball on football decisions. Need to let the Gurus work their magic. Hail

I don't want to give up picks. After we see what happens with Campbell and Rogers, who, in an uncapped year, will be RFAs that could net us draft picks, we'll have a better idea of what we need and what we have. If we keep both of them (which I think is likely, though not necessarily preferable) and we don't think that the available QB(s) are worth our pick, I'd advocated trading down in the first round.

A team that people are forgetting is Buffalo in the 9 spot. I know they don't have a history of being active traders in the early rounds, but Wilson may be getting desperate (T.O for example). They need and may reach for a quarterback, and they may want to leapfrog Seattle, especially if STL takes a QB. From Buffalo, we could pick up another fairly high 2nd round pick. With those 3 picks, we could wind up with two starting tackles and a QB (McCoy) or RB (Dwyer).

Our draft could be:

pick #9 - Bruce Campbell

pick #37 - Johnathon Dwyer or Colt McCoy

pick #41 - Jason Fox

I guess I favor Dwyer over McCoy, hoping that Lefevour falls to us in the 4th round.

Washington get Seahawks #6 overall

Seahawks get Washington's Second rounder in 2010 and First next year.

no no no and no.

skins get a first while the sparrows get first and second. or in another way

sparrows get two potentially good football players : a first round player and a second round player.

skins get one: a first round player.

that you vinny?:doh::doh::doh:

No way. That means we give up 2 or 3 players for one? Hell no. Trading away our draft picks sucks and we should be doing the opposite, trade down and get more picks. What's the point of having amazing coaches if you don't expect them to get the players to play better then advertised? I understand your saying that you expect the LT to be worth three players but to me that's like going all in when playing poker. That's not a sound strategy, we should be collecting picks not trading them away.

Shanny's type of run blocking scheme will allow him to pick up the oline guys he needs in some really surprising spots. IMO no need to move up to get one in the 1st. Trade some Vets currently on the roster such as Jason, CP, Davis etc. and pickup a couple mid round picks to get those lineman.

Im so tired of people saying you need a franchise qb before an offensive line. They always go to the Steelers' line for proof. Steelers' line blocked for 5-6 seconds when Big Ben took his jolly old time back in the pocket. Green Bay has the exact same situation. The Skins' line allowed unblocked penetration 1 second after the ball is snapped. These college qbs have never faced pressure or vicious hits. I can agree that the Skins can do much better than campbell but no one will pass for 4000 yards and 30 TDs or rush for 1000 yards and 15 TDs behind that abortion of a line.

Listen....if theres a Franchise QB available. You must get him at all costs. No important player on team. If not, then it will do us no good to draft a QB. We need to get a franhise OL like Okung. If he isnt there, try and trade down, knowing tha Suh is these and we may get a bite for him. Trade down will allow up to really start loooking at these elite Players. OL is irst, but i willhave a proble passing up Berry although he it too small. Importanly, I think we should get a LB in. Withn the trade down picks grab all sorts of ol, buts keep these elite players to us. Franchise QB, then Franchise OLT , the BPA

Couldn't agree more hitman, but as I've said on other threads, this is where Bruce & Shanny + the scouting department really come in. They have to evaluate Bradford, Clausen, and others to determine if those guys are franchise QB's. If so, take one of them. If not, Okung should be the pick. If Bradford & Okung are both off the board I would trade down, pick up a few more high picks, and they'll be able to somewhat rebuild the OL and get a QB in round 2 (someone like Lefevour) at the same time.

A good scouting department, plus good strategy & decision making will determine how good a draft this is.

The Browns have an ELITE left tackle and a really good line overall (which was good enough to be 8th in the NFL in rushing). But their QB situation is a mess (though I still think Quinn can be a good QB) and their passing game was the worst in football.

And of course, it's a double standard and an idiotic one at that to blame the line for Campbell's sacks and blame a demonstrably better QB for his sacks.

The only situation where it is prudent to trade down is if Bradford AND Clausen are on the board, and the Seahawks rate Bradford over Clausen and we can bluff that we'll take Bradford unless we'll trade with them (or if we are willing to settle for Bradford for more picks)

I am absolutely for drafting linemen, but I feel that anyone who advocates drafting a LT over a potential franchise QB (especially with a coach who specializes in finding linemen anywhere) is being short-sighted.

I have to admit after seeing how NO played yesterday, and how Dallas played without Flozelle, I am leaning more toward making sure we get a top notch LT to replace samuels.

Without Flozelle Adams?

Flozelle Adams is one of the worst LTs in the NFL; he should have been moved to RT or even guard long ago. He's a false start machine, and is not good in pass protection.

He is not making Dallas's offense much better.

Without Flozelle Adams?

Flozelle Adams is one of the worst LTs in the NFL; he should have been moved to RT or even guard long ago. He's a false start machine, and is not good in pass protection.

He is not making Dallas's offense much better.

5 time pro-bowler can't be that bad, can he?

I am absolutely for drafting linemen, but I feel that anyone who advocates drafting a LT over a potential franchise QB (especially with a coach who specializes in finding linemen anywhere) is being short-sighted.

Shanny didn't draft his franchise LT in the later rounds. Clady is a first rounder.

5 time pro-bowler can't be that bad, can he?

He absolutely did not deserve the ones from 2006-2008. If you watched them play, he was the weak link in that line.

Shanny didn't draft his franchise LT in the later rounds. Clady is a first rounder.

Never mind the guy Clady replaced, who was a 10 year starter and Pro Bowl caliber LT was an undrafted rookie who was a converted TE.

Never mind the guy Clady replaced, who was a 10 year starter and Pro Bowl caliber LT was an undrafted rookie who was a converted TE.

And that proves what? All options are open. He will draft a LT in the first round or perhaps find one on the scrap heap. I recall reading he has drafted 17 O lineman during his tenure, and has said recently games are won in the trenches. So clearly its a priority.

Shanny also said that teams overeach for Qb's more than any position and draft players in the first round who he deems to be worth a 4th or 5th rounder instead -- then again he drafted Cutler in the first. All options open.

Doesn't seem like he pigeonholes himself in drafting or for that matter not drafting a QB or OL in the first.

Campbell should and probably will start next season. It's not a matter of him being our franchise guy, it's a matter of letting him take the abuse while we rebuild the line and give our next QB some time to learn on the bench.

I for one am not buying this b/s of drafting a player and letting him sit. If the QB we had was a hall of famer on his last legs -- someone like Brett Farve, totally different scenario.

First we gave up 3 picks for Jason Campbell "Soup"! A 1st, 3rd and 4th. Then we let him warm the bench for ONE and a HALF seasons. And, what did we get? A looser! We wasted 4-5 years in that process before coming to the realization that Jason is a BUST! He wasn't worth all of the investment we put into him. During his time on the bench he learnt nothing other than seeing the cheerleaders dance.

Brady Quinn is another example that comes to mind. He sat behind to absorb stuff, and he is still absorbing.

If you are drafting a QB in the 1st round, he better be NFL playtime ready. If NOT don't draft him.

Dan Marino,Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez etc. all drafted in the 1st are paying in their 1st year. There is NO substitute for REAL game time experience. The more experience the drafted QB has, the more effective he will be. And, the sooner we will be able to access whether or not the QB we drafted is a GOOD or BAD one.;)

Archived