Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Cowboys board....

Skins24

Originally posted by Joe a Cowboys fan

An interesting string. The homerism is easy to deal with for me. Most of these posts I heard from Skins fans before they even made it to a Superbowl win and they haven't changed much.

Maybe because that is that both teams are so close to each other last year and this in terms of quality and desire of the players and coaches. It seems true enough for the fans to go without saying.

Lets get back to the actual O comparison which is what I will look for next. This is how I see it and what I posted at .net.

QB - Ramsey, Johnson, Hamden, Wuerffel versus Carter, Hutchinson, Stoerner, Romo sits to pee

The way I see it is Ramsey is marginally better than average, Johnson is average and who cares who the third QB is. SOS said in todays paper that all three of his QBs had a bad day yesterday. The problem as I see it is Ramsey and Hutch/Carter (whichever starts) will equally have bad days during the season because none of the bunch is any where close to an experienced QB. I would give the Boys a slight edge because I think the Bill is more aware of it while SOS is still trying to install a graduate level education in Ramsey who is still working on a batchelors level. Johnson is just trying to find out where he is supposed to throw to. But since Bill doesn't know which is "the guy" So I won't.

ADVANTAGE: Redskins.

RB - Canidate, Betts, Watson, Morton vs. Hambrick, Wiley, Cason, Lee

This will be fun, it really depends on which 3 SOS keeps. Canidate is fast but coughs the ball when the real hiting takes place. The sucker pop he got from the safty doesn't count as a real hit yet. He is fast and he can catch. T-Ham is a marginal receiver and if it wasn't Bill I would wonder if he would at all anyway. The fun part starts now. SOS preferred Betts last because he was a better receiver. Watson IMO was the better conventional RB (more like Davis). So far Betts has missed all camp with a sprained elbow and Canidate, Watson and Morton have looked pretty good. So who will SOS keep, he only wants 3 RBs and has said so more than once. I really like Watson as a RB, if he goes then the Skins lose an edge. Hambrick, Wiley and Cason are lock step 3 and Bill will ride whoever is hot. If Watson stays I reserve the right to change this.

ADVANTAGE: Even

FB - Johnson, Cartwright, Buttone vs. Anderson, Martin, McKie

The Skins would be better scraping FB as a position and looking for the prince of H-backs.

ADVANTAGE: Cowboys.

WR - Gardner, Coles, Russell, Johnson, Jacobs vs. Galloway, Bryant, Glenn, Williams, Rambo

Gardner and Coles give Washington an edge over Gallojoke and AB. In depth the Skins have more. Williams and Rainbow are no help.

TE - Flemister, Stephens, Royal, Ware vs. Campbell, Whalen, McGee, Witten

No brainer, SOS was looking for even an old vet to help as recently as a few days ago. I am still not sure as astute as SOS is in offensive planing he knows what to do with TEs. Or even if he gives them more than moderst consideration.

OT - Jansen, Samuels, Jones, Smith vs. Adams, Young, Vollers, Collins

Sizeable advantage to the Redskins. They did a much better aquisition job at OT than we did. Depth stinks for both teams though.

OG - Fiore, Thomas, Dockery, Johnson vs. Allen, Gurode, Walter, McFadden

The Skins got burned at OG last year and made up for it big time this year. Even with uncertainty in LA lately I think Allen/Gurode will do better this year. After all they have played together before.

ADVANTAGE: Dallas

C - Moore, Brown, Albright vs. Johnson, Lehr, DiNapoli

Dallas has more experience here and I think it will show. Moore is experienced here, SOS would be making a mistake to change the signal caller for the O-line.

So after one unit: Redskins 3, Dallas 4, one tie.

Although it hasn't been mentioned I would like to reinterate one thing, at this time and place I think Bill as a coach is in a better spot because his O places more emphasis on basics and as little as I know about it his prior teams seem to have a smaller playbook than Steves. That may be an advantage. You guys O looks like a simple just throw the ball around but it seems to have a lot more reads and reacts by everybody. Half way through the season I thought the QB comittee was struggeling and it does have any better a feel this year. I think Steves third year will be the first where their will be enough experienced starters that we will really see what it is all about.

So what did you think? Name calling and disparaging remarks don't count. Not posting an evaluation will also not count. Henry and Buford did post over at .net so I expect to see all you other posters in this string contribute. At one site or the other. Now to check and see if the serious posts were on another string. I will make a short detour to heckle Tom A Giants fan but that will be brief.

:thud:

I would like to thank Joe. This isn't that bad a job. I agree with most of this except the OG. I believe we are far superior at the OG position. We arent talking about Larry of 5+ years ago. We are looking at what kind of player he is today and what is left in that tank. Granted Parcells is a master motivator and may get him back to form but that is a big if.

I would also like to add that all football fans are homers. I believe we are a tad less then most.

Ya know what I ALWAYS find to be REALLY funny?

It's just how upset some folks get, about what others have to say, in a chat room. Good grief!!! Stix and stones and folks... :cheers:

On a side note, I kind of enjoy it though cause when they do lose it, I got 'em, in some kind of sad and sick manner. :halo:

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hamptonskinsfan

hey boozeman, the last time i was over at one of the sites you post at, Daisy was saying "the song 'hail to the redskins' is naziism at it's best" and that i was trailerpark and blah, blah, blah. how am i to feel about the stereotypes especially when your fellow posters were edging her on!!!!! In case you forgot me i was HSF. i have no hard feelings, but in the same tone i went to your message board (by invitation mind you) and i get burrated by a F@#king lunatic while only one person (HG) was willing to tell that person to back off, the rest of you guys didnt do ****. I understand we can not control what people say or do, but do not come in here and have a "holier Than Thou" attitude when someone says something about your team or it's fans. this is a redskin board and upon coming here you should expect people to disagree with your team, just like i endured last night at your site.

Daisy?

WTF is Daisy?

I apologize for the rude behavior....but was this in chat or on the board. If so, please provide a link.

As for expecting a red carpet over here, I would vomit if that courtesy was extended. I fully expect the juvenile jokes etc. In fact, I welcome them. Keeps things interesting.

Originally posted by hamptonskinsfan

hey boozeman, the last time i was over at one of the sites you post at, Daisy was saying "the song 'hail to the redskins' is naziism at it's best"

Yes, "Hail to the Redsins" is a perfect example of genocidal fascism.

Whoever this Daisy person is really needs to get a grip.... hopefully on a pistol aimed at her own forehead.

Some people really need to be slapped silly for raising a person so utterly and completely stupid.

~Bang

Originally posted by Kornheiser

Pisss... Arty, thought I asked you not to talk to me anymore? And left you talking to a telephone pole?

Pisss...Arty, what happened? the telephone pole you were talking to got up & walked away?

Pisss...Arty, what's pathetic is no ones talking to you...or dares to. Because like the retarded kid in school, if you say "hi", he'll follow you around & won't shut up?

Pisss...(I'm afraid to mention the times I've heard people say - Parcell's old, Parcell's washed-up, Parcell's a has-been - because then it gives you something to talk about WITH ME) Bluff someone else, it's real, it's happened, & I'm not talking to you about it... go away.

While fair to say talking to you has grown increasingly as fruitful as engaging a telephone pole, it's a bit dramatic to state you've left me talking to one because you respond right on queue, just as you are expected to do, every time I say boo.

What's pathetic is you're incapable of demonstrating where people rated Parcells below Spurrier and unlike a wise man SJH who admitted he was confused about where he was posting, you don't even have the ability to say, "Yeah, it's not been said in this or any other thread I can point to."

You aren't going to address it with me? And are you going to your bedroom without supper because you're upset? Sheesh guy, feel free to support your position. But, you're playing in the wrong sandbox if you think, "I've seen what I've seen and won't answer you about it," is a compelling debating point.

So, again, PSSST, what's pathetic is you're the only one who's seeing imaginary conversations. Don't be afraid to cite these though. If they exist point to them. I'll do the same with people who've been complementary of Parcells. Which of us do you think has more linked ability to prove the point?

I think you know.

Originally posted by boozeman3

Daisy?

WTF is Daisy?

I apologize for the rude behavior....but was this in chat or on the board. If so, please provide a link.

As for expecting a red carpet over here, I would vomit if that courtesy was extended. I fully expect the juvenile jokes etc. In fact, I welcome them. Keeps things interesting.

i dont know wtf is daisy but she is one F#@ked up person. :dunce: by the way the link is http://client.sigmachat.com/sc.pl?id=30688 enuff said

hampton - What I'm implying is.... there's no need to write 3 consecutive posts. You could simply "edit" your first post using the "EDIT" button at the top right of all your posts... and add any additional messages in the original post.

Not a major offense.. just a little pet peeve of mine :) Similar to posts in all CAPS.

Archived