Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Cowboys board....

Skins24

Once I finished reading the first comparison... I lost interest. The QB stats are skewed.

Ramsey played in 9 games... but he only started 5. And he put up better numbers than Quincy Carter - in his second season - who started 7 games. Hutchinson actually put up worse numbers despite starting 9 games.

I really can't believe Cowboys fans. It's completely incomprehensible the general stupidity of the average Cowboy fan. I mean honestly.. it's one thing to cheer for another team... but what is it with Cowboy fans in general and their lack of any understanding for the game of football.

How can you love the game and yet be so ignorant of it?

Originally posted by Die Hard

Once I finished reading the first comparison... I lost interest. The QB stats are skewed.

Ramsey played in 9 games... but he only started 5. And he put up better numbers than Quincy Carter - in his second season - who started 7 games. Hutchinson actually put up worse numbers despite starting 9 games.

I really can't believe Cowboys fans. It's completely incomprehensible the general stupidity of the average Cowboy fan. I mean honestly.. it's one thing to cheer for another team... but what is it with Cowboy fans in general and their lack of any understanding for the game of football.

How can you love the game and yet be so ignorant of it?

Die Hard, they have 5 trophies. Surely that means that whatever they say is the gospel truth. Hell just ask them about ROY! :dallasuck

What a way to cover a lack of KNOWLEDGE!!!!

on the DB's he sights BAILEY and SMOOT as good. ONLY good, and the because he doesn't know enough about the players in each position, he doesn't make light of the fact that Terrell, Bowen and Ohalete can play for ANY TEAM. Oh you gonna' pay dearly for that one!

Wow,

That is more ridiculous than most stuff Cowboy fans come up with. Carter was a second-year QB who was benched for his play in favor of a raw first-year player in Hutchinson. Ramsey was a raw rookie who held out, was thrust too early into the lineup, and still, in what amounted to just 6.5 games of playing time, made the Redskins a Top 10 offense in those games he participated in.

The advantage at QB is so vastly in favor of the Redskins, from talent, to production, to system, it can't be stated in anything but the most certain, unequivocable terms. Ramsey is now a second year player who as a rookie more than matched Carter as a second year player. QBs generally enjoy a boost in performance between first and second years as they grow more accustomed to the speed of the game.

Running back could go either way, but we're certainly deeper than they are at present and we were better than they were last year running the ball with a back that didn't fit our team so the edge would go our way.

Receiver is an interesting conversation. Their best receiver would be our third best receiver at this point. Glenn as a No. 3 has to be given the edge over Jacobs, but, simply put, we have two 1,000 yard receivers from last year and they don't. Galloway and Glenn have done little to elevate themselves as receivers in the last several years. Again, a huge advantage to us here simply based on how much better our starters were to theirs.

The only team in the league with a weaker defensive line than ours is Dallas. Glover is a wonderful player, but, that's it. And he is only a wonderful player when he has guys doing the dirty work for him and they've lost their guy to do that. Where they do have an edge among the starters, perhaps, at the moment, they lack any experience behind their starters and we do have Smith and Zellner there. In the balance we have a slight advantage overall still and it will just grow as we add another player.

Our corners are far ahead of theirs, obviously, until Newman shows he is a player. These are easy calls really.

But, to a Dallas fan, they are the single team in football who can finish 5-11 and still be better than everyone else :).

Un freeking believable :doh:

QB: Oh yeah, like they are even close at QB. :laugh: Parcells is at this moment trying to determine which one of his guys sucks the least.

WR: Loads of potential there... All the experts are raving about those dangerous cowboy recievers CBs all over the leauge are shaking in their boots. Coles admitedly was good last year but he's going to suck this year.:rolleyes:

RB: Hambrick? Yeah, I can tell Parcells loves him. Who do you think he was talking about when he said there were some guys on the team that would rather moan about not getting a chance than do something with the chances they are given? Even if Candidate falls on his face the two guys behind him combined for 151 yards vs dallas in the last game behind an awfull O line. :laugh:

Dont even get me started on their CB ratings. They must be having flashbacks of deon in his prime. :shoothead

All in all, a very funny read. I bookmarked it for the next time I need a good laugh.

It's like "Duh-Bears" guys on Saturnday Night Live...

-"Who'd win between Ditka & God?"

-"Hmmm....young Ditka or old Ditka?"

-"Old Ditka."

-"Hmmm... at Soldier Field?"

-"No, on a stripper's catwalk."

-"Hmmm...air conditioned cold enough to snow?"

-"No."

-"Tie in double overtime."

Originally posted by Art

Wow,

That is more ridiculous than most stuff Cowboy fans come up with. Carter was a second-year QB who was benched for his play in favor of a raw first-year player in Hutchinson. Ramsey was a raw rookie who held out, was thrust too early into the lineup, and still, in what amounted to just 6.5 games of playing time, made the Redskins a Top 10 offense in those games he participated in.

The advantage at QB is so vastly in favor of the Redskins, from talent, to production, to system, it can't be stated in anything but the most certain, unequivocable terms. Ramsey is now a second year player who as a rookie more than matched Carter as a second year player. QBs generally enjoy a boost in performance between first and second years as they grow more accustomed to the speed of the game.

Running back could go either way, but we're certainly deeper than they are at present and we were better than they were last year running the ball with a back that didn't fit our team so the edge would go our way.

Receiver is an interesting conversation. Their best receiver would be our third best receiver at this point. Glenn as a No. 3 has to be given the edge over Jacobs, but, simply put, we have two 1,000 yard receivers from last year and they don't. Galloway and Glenn have done little to elevate themselves as receivers in the last several years. Again, a huge advantage to us here simply based on how much better our starters were to theirs.

The only team in the league with a weaker defensive line than ours is Dallas. Glover is a wonderful player, but, that's it. And he is only a wonderful player when he has guys doing the dirty work for him and they've lost their guy to do that. Where they do have an edge among the starters, perhaps, at the moment, they lack any experience behind their starters and we do have Smith and Zellner there. In the balance we have a slight advantage overall still and it will just grow as we add another player.

Our corners are far ahead of theirs, obviously, until Newman shows he is a player. These are easy calls really.

But, to a Dallas fan, they are the single team in football who can finish 5-11 and still be better than everyone else :).

I love how you characterize Dallas fans. I am going to post a similar thread over at my board. Feel free to denigrate us over there if you like.

There are countless message posts from Redskin fans who I could call out for blatent homerism as well. Your last statement basically stereotypes Dallas fans, much to the squealing glee of your teenage admirers here, Art.

As for the actual player/position breakdown, come on over to the Cowboys.net.

You redskin fans can kiss my a**. Like there's never been any insane homerism over here! Hell, just read one of art's long winded novels of a post where he compares the skins to x team....if he's to be believed you'd think the redskins were the best team in the NFL! What were the skins last year again? 7-9? Yet most of you prance around here thinking you've got a freakin' 13 win team, and dismiss the fact that other teams can improve themselves. Carter put up pedestrian QB stats last year, so he OBVIOUSLY isn't any good and never will be. Ramsey wasn't all that good either, but BY GOD, HES GOING TO IMPROVE AND BE ALL-WORLD THIS SEASON. Hambrick is a nobody. Nevermind that when he touches the ball he averages well over 4 yards a carry and had a season where he averaged 5. Canidate though, just needs a 2nd CHANCE HE'S REALLY NOT A FUMBLER AND MARTZ WAS JUST SCREWING HIM AND HES GOING TO BE SCARY GOOD IN THIS OFFENSE!!

You skins fans need to take your heads out of your asses. The reason the Cowboys' fans don't respect your team like a 13 win squad is because YOU ARENT ONE. You were 2 games better than us last season, and over the past 3 seasons, have been below .500, yet you all talk like you've just reeled off 3 straight superbowls! And yet all i hear from skins fans is "oh, we are going to win 10 11 12 games this season, we are going to challenge for the NFC East, Ramsey is going to the Pro-Bowl, etc. etc. Those Cowboys? They got Parcells? So what? He's overrated. (funny how he goes from one of the NFLs best coaches to being overrated garbage the minute he becomes a cowboy) He won't be there in 3 years. The Cowboys have NO talent and nothing they did this offseason can change that. We are superior in every way and have been for the past several years (which is why the cowboys beat you like a dog for the past 3 seasons - oh, but wait, that was all mental :rolleyes: ) and we are going to sweep those no-talent basement dwellers because Ramsey is going to be the best QB in the NFL in this system and Spurrier is a GOD". I'm sick of it. It's one thing to be a fan and in doing so, you are allowed some homerism leeway, but by god, its rampant in here.

If this pisses you off, mods feel free to ban me or whatever. I've been here for about a year, rarely get into the muckracking, and im an intelligent fan, but the attitude around here just cheeses me off. I guarantee you you won't find snobbery like this on cowboys.net.

I guarantee you you won't find snobbery like this on cowboys.net.

Easy enough to prove that one... cowboys.net resolves to a freakin "buy this domain! oh, and set your home page to us too!". Jeezuz, and you come down on us for calling you idiots? :)

Regarding the rest of your rant Chris, hope you got it all out of your system now...

The homerism you see here is tempered very well compared to many boards. Perhaps you should see the thread asking for predictions of the Redskins record... most of those who posted are saying 7-9 to 10-6. That is NOT extreme homerism.

Originally posted by Blade

Easy enough to prove that one... cowboys.net resolves to a freakin "buy this domain! oh, and set your home page to us too!". Jeezuz, and you come down on us for calling you idiots? :)

Regarding the rest of your rant Chris, hope you got it all out of your system now...

The homerism you see here is tempered very well compared to many boards. Perhaps you should see the thread asking for predictions of the Redskins record... most of those who posted are saying 7-9 to 10-6. That is NOT extreme homerism.

excuse me. thecowboys.net .

Originally posted by Blade

Blade:

Despite the rant, ChrisFool has a point.

You guys were much more humble before last December 29th.

Now, it is like "We are BACK, BABEEE!":pint:

Chris, buddy, I'm sorry some of these posts p!ssed you off. Really I am.

I've been a visitor at the mazevo board for the past two years. I agree that it's a good board, probably the best Cowboy board out there. I doubt you'll see any of the blatant idiocy there similar to what was displayed on that ez board. It is not, however, devoid of homerism, any more than this place.

You're not a crazy homer. I'd think you'd cut us a little slack when reacting to those who are.

Booze, so because we think the Redskins have more advantages over the Cowboys than just LB we think we are back?

though I disagreed with some of the points in the other board, chrisful does make a few good points.

first regarding the comparison of the various positions, the QB advantage goes to washington by far. in that there is no doubt. the WR position is better in washington though depth might be better in dallas. I have to make one point though, given a better QB in dallas and the WR numbers could look a lot different. they do go hand in hand.

the DL advantage has to go to dallas. though everyone keeps pointing to Glover and some had made comments about glover not being able to do much if not having a good DT next to him, I have to say Noble wasn't an all world player. it wasn't like teams were breaking doors down to get him. washington desparately needed a DL man and noble was available and he had some interest from couple of other teams, none even made the sligthest attempt to come close to the skins numbers including dallas who you have said is desparate for DL and you know they had the cap room, so that tells you how much they thought of him, he is nothing but a role player and right now the washington DL is loaded with role players and no play makers.

Glover still made the probowl despite playing on a dallas team which last year these same redskins fans here were bashing the DL so harshly. Also, clearly Ellis is better than the LDE's on the skins as well, given that he had 7.5 sacks playing over the TE spot. Wynn is not that good, except against the run and he played next to gardner and wilkinson.

the RB is pretty much a toss, neither team is set at those positions, though hambrick seems to fit the bill for dallas' scheme and candiate might fit the bill in washington, though I think he is too small to be an every down back and you can use draw plays only so much. that's a big question mark on both teams.

OL advantage clearly goes to washington at this time, specifically because of their tackles. dallas might still be stronger in the middle even with the addition of thomas in washington.

cb advantage has to go to the skins, specially because of Baily, smoot regressed some last year, lets see how he rebounds this year. Dallas is defintley deepr in the CB.

saftey is not even close, given roy williams and woodson. Woodson even at this age he is better than anything the skins have.

LB advantage does go to the skins, though the dallas LBs fit their scheme for now.

TE advantage has to go to dallas, since the skins offense doesn't ephasize TE position and they really don't have anybody or much talent in that department.

now, regarding chrisful's comments, he makes a few good points. for three years, every year, the skins fans here have touted (during the presean and off season) that how much better their teams have gotten. given that they were 10-6 and in the playoffs and the team got better each off season (according to fans here) , you expect the team to continue to be in the playoffs and advance further, but they have regressed each year. at some point, it has to be proven on the field and not on paper. Though I can understand the homerism on this board :)

this year though they made improvements in some areas, they have left themselves with question marks in other places and they are not a complete team to be able to successfully compete IMO. there are question marks at QB, RB and DL and of all of those QB seems to be the one that probably will have a chance to be solid.

now, regarding chrisful's comments, he makes a few good points. for three years, every year, the skins fans here have touted (during the presean and off season) that how much better their teams have gotten. given that they were 10-6 and in the playoffs and the team got better each off season (according to fans here) , you expect the team to continue to be in the playoffs and advance further, but they have regressed each year. at some point, it has to be proven on the field and not on paper. Though I can understand the homerism on this board

So ... Dallas fans the world over EXPECTED the Cowboys to go 5-11 three straight times? Or were you all perhaps overly optimistic yourselves on occassion?

Archived