Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Cowboys board....

Skins24

:applause:

WTG Chris! Very nice post!

Let's take a look at it again:

What were the skins last year again? 7-9? Yet most of you prance around here thinking you've got a freakin' 13 win team, and dismiss the fact that other teams can improve themselves.

Yessiree. Despite most the predictions on this board going for 8-8 to 10-6, we all think we're a 13 win team. We just say 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 to fool you guys!

And of course we think other teams can't improve! What kind of Skins fans would we be if we did? That's why most of the predictions I've seen on Skins MBs regarding the 'Boys have them not improving to 7-9 or 8-8.

Carter put up pedestrian QB stats last year, so he OBVIOUSLY isn't any good and never will be. Ramsey wasn't all that good either, but BY GOD, HES GOING TO IMPROVE AND BE ALL-WORLD THIS SEASON.

Exactly!

Even though your right and all, I must correct you on one thing...please don't be offended.

I don't see where anyone here said that Carter wouldn't improve. I see where we point out that he was benched in favor of Hutch (a baseball player). Oh and the correction that Ramsey had worse stats. I also don't where anyone here says that Ramsey will be the best QB in the league or even make the pro bowl.

Nevermind that when he touches the ball he averages well over 4 yards a carry and had a season where he averaged 5. Canidate though, just needs a 2nd CHANCE HE'S REALLY NOT A FUMBLER AND MARTZ WAS JUST SCREWING HIM AND HES GOING TO BE SCARY GOOD IN THIS OFFENSE!!

My God, you're completely right!

Both RBs have had years of playing full seasons to prove themselves, and it's our bad for thinking that Trung can even hold Hams shoestring.

You were 2 games better than us last season, and over the past 3 seasons, have been below .500

Stephen Hawking look out!

And yet all i hear from skins fans is "oh, we are going to win 10 11 12 games this season, we are going to challenge for the NFC East

You're right....

We should be ashamed. But you Cowboy fans continue doing the same thing. Heaven knows, when you all do it, it just makes more sence...cents...sense.

They got Parcells? So what? He's overrated.

I know you're probably right, but....could you please show me where any of us said that. Knowing us, I know we probably did. But I don't recall ever hearing that.

The rest of your post is just brilliant!

As already stated, there are MANY comments in that thread that are astounding but this one trul takes the cake.

"Armstead was god awful last year and doesn't look to be getting any better."

How the guy who lead our team in tackles is "god awful" is truly a statement to be amazed at!

I ALWAYS consider the source.

HTTR!

Chris,

The real problem as I see it with your post is that none of it's true. I'm certain you feel better for saying it. But, little of your assessment is actually gleaned from people on this board. People here have almost uniformly been very complimentary of Parcells, as an example of where you wrote something other than that.

I know I've been complimentary of that signing and in every thread I've seen with him mentioned you see a great deal of acknowledgement that he's a great coach and a positive sign for the Cowboys. But, as is typical with Cowboy fans, you are unable to see clearly when your team is at stake. You, Chris, are a perfectly typical blind fool when it comes to your team.

You have to create this world in which we, here, are walking around elated with our team's prospects, when, in fact, we aren't. We're generally tempered and generally see our weaknesses and generally talk a great deal about them. I haven't made a prediction this year, but, last year I picked the Eagles to win the division and the Redskins to finish 9-7. I certainly wasn't overwhelmed by my team then. I also am not confused by the talent level on our team as it compares to many others.

The Redskins have plenty of talent to compete with many of the better teams. The Redskins haven't had a very good team in the mix despite that. The real difference between the Cowboys and the Redskins is that the Redskins actually have marketable stars on the team. Arrington, Bailey, Coles, Samuels among them. Your team markets its coach because you lack any real star. Williams could become that. Perhaps Bryant.

When we appear pleased with where we are it's generally because it's so far ahead of where you are. That burns you up, there's no doubt. But to pretend that means we are under a false illusion as to where we are as a team relative to other teams in the league is what makes you precisely the moron Cowboy fan I talk about when I talk about the moron Cowboy fan.

To be right you have to write fiction. You feel better for having written it, but you have no idea that in the background, EVERYONE else knows how dumb you seem, and you are mocked for it. It's a terrible turn for you to take, Chris. But, you are among so many others who've done the same you can't even see how funny it is.

When we appear pleased with where we are it's generally because it's so far ahead of where you are.

Two more wins, a split in head to head, and no playoff appearances is "so far ahead"?

It sure doesn't take much to keep Art happy.

ChrisFul was right on. It is a joke to even sugeest you guys are in a different league.

Originally posted by Art

Chris,

The real problem as I see it with your post is that none of it's true. I'm certain you feel better for saying it. But, little of your assessment is actually gleaned from people on this board. People here have almost uniformly been very complimentary of Parcells, as an example of where you wrote something other than that.

I know I've been complimentary of that signing and in every thread I've seen with him mentioned you see a great deal of acknowledgement that he's a great coach and a positive sign for the Cowboys. But, as is typical with Cowboy fans, you are unable to see clearly when your team is at stake. You, Chris, are a perfectly typical blind fool when it comes to your team.

You have to create this world in which we, here, are walking around elated with our team's prospects, when, in fact, we aren't. We're generally tempered and generally see our weaknesses and generally talk a great deal about them. I haven't made a prediction this year, but, last year I picked the Eagles to win the division and the Redskins to finish 9-7. I certainly wasn't overwhelmed by my team then. I also am not confused by the talent level on our team as it compares to many others.

The Redskins have plenty of talent to compete with many of the better teams. The Redskins haven't had a very good team in the mix despite that. The real difference between the Cowboys and the Redskins is that the Redskins actually have marketable stars on the team. Arrington, Bailey, Coles, Samuels among them. Your team markets its coach because you lack any real star. Williams could become that. Perhaps Bryant.

When we appear pleased with where we are it's generally because it's so far ahead of where you are. That burns you up, there's no doubt. But to pretend that means we are under a false illusion as to where we are as a team relative to other teams in the league is what makes you precisely the moron Cowboy fan I talk about when I talk about the moron Cowboy fan.

To be right you have to write fiction. You feel better for having written it, but you have no idea that in the background, EVERYONE else knows how dumb you seem, and you are mocked for it. It's a terrible turn for you to take, Chris. But, you are among so many others who've done the same you can't even see how funny it is.

You can stick it, art. I'm no blind fool. I know we have stunk for 3 years, and we aren't likely to have a winning record this season. So IM dumb? Go back and read the other 500 something of my posts, hell, even most of the posters here know im not some idiot homer who thinks the Cowboys hung the freakin' moon. Im just sick of the attitude. Basically, I'm a dumbass because i'm a cowboy fan. Uh huh. Please kiss my ass. You don't like me, you havent liked me the second i joined this board and responded to one of your long-winded verses on how bad the Cowboys were and how superior the Skins are back in fall...and even though i'm civil and not a jerkoff dumbass fan, you keep labeling me as such. That's fine. I'm through with this board. Not that you will care, or anyone else will.

Its too bad you aren't more like Bufford. You seem knowledgeable, like Bufford is, but he's not a pompous ass.

yep, the skins are soooooo far ahead , yep they are at least 2 games better, oops yep they are 2 games better, and you had the coach you loved to death and we had campo. wasn't marty refered to as a chess master by some on this board!? I wonder why the skins have underachieved so much with aaaalllll the stars that are on the team? and the cowboys might have actually overacheived since we have no players that are any good. I mean we are so bad that we shouldn't win anything yet we won 5...hmmm I wonder

Originally posted by ChrisFul

You can stick it, art. I'm no blind fool. I know we have stunk for 3 years, and we aren't likely to have a winning record this season. So IM dumb? Go back and read the other 500 something of my posts, hell, even most of the posters here know im not some idiot homer who thinks the Cowboys hung the freakin' moon. Im just sick of the attitude. Basically, I'm a dumbass because i'm a cowboy fan. Uh huh. Please kiss my ass. You don't like me, you havent liked me the second i joined this board and responded to one of your long-winded verses on how bad the Cowboys were and how superior the Skins are back in fall...and even though i'm civil and not a jerkoff dumbass fan, you keep labeling me as such. That's fine. I'm through with this board. Not that you will care, or anyone else will.

Its too bad you aren't more like Bufford. You seem knowledgeable, like Bufford is, but he's not a pompous ass.

And my Daddy can beat up your Daddy. :thud: :rolleyes:

Chris,

Bye.

Shawn,

The only person to be attributed with calling Marty a chess master on this board is YOU. You started it back on Aug. 10, 2002 in this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12482&perpage=15&display=&highlight=Marty%20chess&pagenumber=3

You're the only person to ever utter those words on this board. Yet you keep assigning it to us. Worse, you've even been told it was never said and you CONTINUE to assign it to us. Why? As is too frequently the case with a Cowboy fan, the use of fiction is the only manner by which a point can be made. It's embarrassing dude.

Typical Cowboy fan?

Hmmmmm......never seen any "homerism" over here? Guess not.

I still see very few of you accepted the challenge by Booze to join us over at thecowboys.net.

Maybe that would change some of your minds about the "typical" Cowboy fan.

actually art, it wasn't me, it was one of your brethren who use to visit the cowboys board, who insisted on using chess master nick name for marty. since he is a skins fans it sort of fit with the rest of the skins fans as well. I just repeated what he insisted on. if he is not on this board, then he is not on this board, but he was on other skins boards using the same thing. all the skins fans sort of blur together after a while :) and talking about some one who relies on fiction! art art art that's funny coming from you :) don't knock yourself, let some one else do it.

such emotion, vim and vigor................

Most of us here understand our time spent poring over the specualtive minutae is a fun diversion, nothing more.

For anyone to get their feelings hurt seriously misses the point.

gamesmanship springs forth from sportsmanship first of all.

so remember that and go play nice now.

An interesting string. The homerism is easy to deal with for me. Most of these posts I heard from Skins fans before they even made it to a Superbowl win and they haven't changed much.

Maybe because that is that both teams are so close to each other last year and this in terms of quality and desire of the players and coaches. It seems true enough for the fans to go without saying.

Lets get back to the actual O comparison which is what I will look for next. This is how I see it and what I posted at .net.

QB - Ramsey, Johnson, Hamden, Wuerffel versus Carter, Hutchinson, Stoerner, Romo sits to pee

The way I see it is Ramsey is marginally better than average, Johnson is average and who cares who the third QB is. SOS said in todays paper that all three of his QBs had a bad day yesterday. The problem as I see it is Ramsey and Hutch/Carter (whichever starts) will equally have bad days during the season because none of the bunch is any where close to an experienced QB. I would give the Boys a slight edge because I think the Bill is more aware of it while SOS is still trying to install a graduate level education in Ramsey who is still working on a batchelors level. Johnson is just trying to find out where he is supposed to throw to. But since Bill doesn't know which is "the guy" So I won't.

ADVANTAGE: Redskins.

RB - Canidate, Betts, Watson, Morton vs. Hambrick, Wiley, Cason, Lee

This will be fun, it really depends on which 3 SOS keeps. Canidate is fast but coughs the ball when the real hiting takes place. The sucker pop he got from the safty doesn't count as a real hit yet. He is fast and he can catch. T-Ham is a marginal receiver and if it wasn't Bill I would wonder if he would at all anyway. The fun part starts now. SOS preferred Betts last because he was a better receiver. Watson IMO was the better conventional RB (more like Davis). So far Betts has missed all camp with a sprained elbow and Canidate, Watson and Morton have looked pretty good. So who will SOS keep, he only wants 3 RBs and has said so more than once. I really like Watson as a RB, if he goes then the Skins lose an edge. Hambrick, Wiley and Cason are lock step 3 and Bill will ride whoever is hot. If Watson stays I reserve the right to change this.

ADVANTAGE: Even

FB - Johnson, Cartwright, Buttone vs. Anderson, Martin, McKie

The Skins would be better scraping FB as a position and looking for the prince of H-backs.

ADVANTAGE: Cowboys.

WR - Gardner, Coles, Russell, Johnson, Jacobs vs. Galloway, Bryant, Glenn, Williams, Rambo

Gardner and Coles give Washington an edge over Gallojoke and AB. In depth the Skins have more. Williams and Rainbow are no help.

TE - Flemister, Stephens, Royal, Ware vs. Campbell, Whalen, McGee, Witten

No brainer, SOS was looking for even an old vet to help as recently as a few days ago. I am still not sure as astute as SOS is in offensive planing he knows what to do with TEs. Or even if he gives them more than moderst consideration.

OT - Jansen, Samuels, Jones, Smith vs. Adams, Young, Vollers, Collins

Sizeable advantage to the Redskins. They did a much better aquisition job at OT than we did. Depth stinks for both teams though.

OG - Fiore, Thomas, Dockery, Johnson vs. Allen, Gurode, Walter, McFadden

The Skins got burned at OG last year and made up for it big time this year. Even with uncertainty in LA lately I think Allen/Gurode will do better this year. After all they have played together before.

ADVANTAGE: Dallas

C - Moore, Brown, Albright vs. Johnson, Lehr, DiNapoli

Dallas has more experience here and I think it will show. Moore is experienced here, SOS would be making a mistake to change the signal caller for the O-line.

So after one unit: Redskins 3, Dallas 4, one tie.

Although it hasn't been mentioned I would like to reinterate one thing, at this time and place I think Bill as a coach is in a better spot because his O places more emphasis on basics and as little as I know about it his prior teams seem to have a smaller playbook than Steves. That may be an advantage. You guys O looks like a simple just throw the ball around but it seems to have a lot more reads and reacts by everybody. Half way through the season I thought the QB comittee was struggeling and it does have any better a feel this year. I think Steves third year will be the first where their will be enough experienced starters that we will really see what it is all about.

So what did you think? Name calling and disparaging remarks don't count. Not posting an evaluation will also not count. Henry and Buford did post over at .net so I expect to see all you other posters in this string contribute. At one site or the other. Now to check and see if the serious posts were on another string. I will make a short detour to heckle Tom A Giants fan but that will be brief.

:thud:

Originally posted by Bizwah

Typical Cowboy fan?

Hmmmmm......never seen any "homerism" over here? Guess not.

I still see very few of you accepted the challenge by Booze to join us over at thecowboys.net.

Maybe that would change some of your minds about the "typical" Cowboy fan.

I think I'll hop over there, just to show you guys how stupid you are :)

Seriously though, that site is pretty funny. Here's where they're talking about us

http://mazevo.com/mazevo/sm.x?c=dallascowboys&f=dallascowboysmain&m=16328&mstart=60&mstart=0

Booze makes a pretty good comparison (except for CBs :doh: ), other than that it's just "we're perfect over here, they're just a bunch of homers over there on extreme" and "Art sucks".

BTW, Could someone (cowboy fan) please, please, please explain this to me.

Wait a minute. Coles and Gardner over Galloway and Bryant--? Russell over Glenn?

Glenn will likely be our #3 and he's better than either Gardner or Russell. Forget straight stats comparisons-- every situation is different. Evaluate the PLAYERS.

Coles has never proven he can be a #1 guy while Galloway has proven it over and over again. Will Coles buckle the first time he faces game-planning from the opponent's best CB or worse his first serious double-team? Galloway faces those same issues all the time, and he still makes plays-- even with Wright, Carter, and Hutch at QB.

I'll take Bryant over Gardner every day of the week-- this comparison is almost laughable. Bryant is explosive and multi-dimensional while Gardner is basically a solid possession guy.

Man, oh man!!

Memo to Cowboy fans:

This is a Redskins board. Stuff like this is to be expected. When someone evaluates their team as was done in the original post, it is only natural for them to respond.

Hey, it took me a while to accept this but if you stay here, it is something you must learn to accept.

And of course there is homerism here, just like with any other fans.

As far as the comparisons, my unbiased take would be:

QB: I want to wait on this because I feel Parcells will make a big difference with the Cowboys QB's. If I had to pick, I'd go with the Redskins right now.

RB: Slight edge to the Cowboys.

WR: Edge: Redskins

OL: Edge: Redskins

DL: Edge: Cowboys

LB: Edge: Redskins

DB: Edge: Redskins (Cowboys have a very young defensive backfield and until they actually do some things, you have to give it to a backfield with Champ Bailey in it.

Special teams: no clue. Need to see preseason games and a couple of regular season games to call this one.

Coaching: Edge: Cowboys

Ownership: Edge: Cowboys with Snyder catching up.

Overall: Edge: Redskins but with Parcells coaching the Cowboys, it is only a matter of time before the Cowboys start catching up with everyone. :gus:

Take this for what it is worth. It is just my :2cents: .

Originally posted by Joe a Cowboys fan

An interesting string. The homerism is easy to deal with for me. Most of these posts I heard from Skins fans before they even made it to a Superbowl win and they haven't changed much.

They had the internet back in 1982? ;)

Originally posted by Skins24

I think I'll hop over there, just to show you guys how stupid you are :)

Seriously though, that site is pretty funny. Here's where they're talking about us

http://mazevo.com/mazevo/sm.x?c=dallascowboys&f=dallascowboysmain&m=16328&mstart=60&mstart=0

Booze makes a pretty good comparison (except for CBs :doh: ), other than that it's just "we're perfect over here, they're just a bunch of homers over there on extreme" and "Art sucks".

BTW, Could someone (cowboy fan) please, please, please explain this to me.

Man, oh man!!

Your answer is in the thread, skins24.

Thanks Tom, I knew at least someone would make an actual comparison.

Memo to Cowboy fans:

This is a Redskins board. Stuff like this is to be expected. When someone evaluates their team as was done in the original post, it is only natural for them to respond.

Hey, it took me a while to accept this but if you stay here, it is something you must learn to accept.

And of course there is homerism here, just like with any other fans.

As far as the comparisons, my unbiased take would be:

QB: I want to wait on this because I feel Parcells will make a big difference with the Cowboys QB's. If I had to pick, I'd go with the Redskins right now.

RB: Slight edge to the Cowboys.

WR: Edge: Redskins

OL: Edge: Redskins

DL: Edge: Cowboys

LB: Edge: Redskins

DB: Edge: Redskins (Cowboys have a very young defensive backfield and until they actually do some things, you have to give it to a backfield with Champ Bailey in it.

Special teams: no clue. Need to see preseason games and a couple of regular season games to call this one.

Coaching: Edge: Cowboys

Ownership: Edge: Cowboys with Snyder catching up.

Overall: Edge: Redskins but with Parcells coaching the Cowboys, it is only a matter of time before the Cowboys start catching up with everyone.

Take this for what it is worth. It is just my 2 cents worth. Tom the Gints fan

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!!

and also thanks Booze for the;

They had the internet back in 1982?

Booze

Naw, we actually talked face to face back in the 60s and you will be interested to note that we actually did it in bars then too although I didn't get in on that till 1970, 1968 in DC but thats another story.

Anyone else like to make a comparison of the teams instead of the name calling. We have had more Skins takers at .net ( http://mazevo.com/mazevo/sm.x?c=dallascowboys&f=dallascowboysmain&m=16328 ) so far so maybe it is a more comfortable place if you are interested. Tom did it by team and my original post was just O but you can do either. Scuse me a moment I am going to flip back to the Cowboy board for an update.

Ok, seen your post booze.

I still can't believe he said that...

Glenn will likely be our #3 and he's better than either Gardner or Russell.

Seeing Russell has yet to play a down, I agree. He is better than him. Better than Gardner at this point in their careers? No.

Coles has never proven he can be a #1 guy

He pays attention.

Will Coles buckle the first time he faces game-planning from the opponent's best CB or worse his first serious double-team?

He really pays attention.

Someone break it to him slowly that Coles was the #1 reciever for the New York Jets last year.

I'll take Bryant over Gardner every day of the week-- this comparison is almost laughable. Bryant is explosive and multi-dimensional while Gardner is basically a solid possession guy.

That's not even funny.

Career:

The explosive Bryant - 44 catches 733 yards 6 tds

The solid Gardner - 117 catches 1747 yards 12 touchdowns

2002:

Bryant - 44 catches 733 yards 6 tds

Gardner - 71 cathes 1006 yards 8 tds

The fool also failed to realize that this offense is geared toward the pass, so our WRs will naturally have better stats.

You were doing great until you said this:

The fool also failed to realize that this offense is geared toward the pass, so our WRs will naturally have better stats. [/b]

You just contradicted yourself. If I were arguing this point with you, you would have been dogmeat after this.

Archived