Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever participated in a political poll?

Bang

What Jersey should I wear on Saturday Night for the Eagles / Cowboys Game?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What Jersey should I wear on Saturday Night for the Eagles / Cowboys Game?

• Joe Theisman
    • Russ Grimm
    • Dexter Manley
    • LaVar Arrington
    • Santana Moss

Simple question.

Have you ever been contacted by any political poll and have you answered their questions?

Feel free to say which poll and your overall experience.

I did once, a phone poll from CBS News around the middle of Bush's presidency. It took more than a half an hour to do. I won't do it again, because their idea of a 'few questions" that only takes a "few minutes" is not the same as mine. By the 15 minute mark i was looking at the clock well after realizing this poll was asking the same few questions over and over in different forms, and they were keeping me away from the work I was supposed to be doing.

I felt as if it was a big waste of my time.

~Bang

I did once, a phone poll from CBS News around the middle of Bush's presidency. It took more than a half an hour to do. I won't do it again, because their idea of a 'few questions" that only takes a "few minutes" is not the same as mine. By the 15 minute mark i was looking at the clock well after realizing this poll was asking the same few questions over and over in different forms, and they were keeping me away from the work I was supposed to be doing.

I felt as if it was a big waste of my time.

~Bang

Bang they have to do that to determine your credibility, we all know the Howard Stern polls in Harlem :hysterical:

Bang they have to do that to determine your credibility, we all know the Howard Stern polls in Harlem :hysterical:

Yeah, I figured.. I was tired of it after a while, but I know they have to weed thru folks who aren't really thinking for themselves or are just answering like a wise-ass. By re-wording and re-wording they can possibly get contradictory responses, which I would think land in the "margin of error" category.

~Bang

Oh Lordie Bang, lol

As far as polls, yes, I participated in one. Never again. Same experience as you. Except it kept me from a friend's birthday dinner, and I tried to politely end the conversation THREE times, to the response :"oh we are almost done, just a few more questions." Finally, after exhausting my minimal reserve of politeness after a long day, I just hung up because I was so annoyed.

Yep. Sure have. And regretted for the same reasons. Same few questions asked in different ways and it took far longer than they said it would. Though I will admit that a few minutes of that was because I called them on the same question thing and that caused a bit of frustration after awhile.

I have participated, but as a caller- and not sure who you guys talked to- but the ones I conducted really only took 3-5 minutes. I volunteered at the local Rebpublican center here during last years election. I worked a few hours a couple nights placing phone calls asking people 4 questions.

I've been polled over the phone once, but it wasn't poilitical. They asked a bunch of health-related questions for some study.

Yes, several of them (but I'm an old guy). Some were long, and some were short. I think they are worth doing.

Can somebody bump the taken out of context thread? :D

Archived