Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskins pursue Wade Phillips as DC if he's fired from Dallas?

bubbajr17

When the pukes lose to the iggles Saturday Night, Wade Phillips could be fired. I know we've been linked to Mike Zimmer already, but is there any possibility we go after Wade (for D-coordinator)? How does everyone feel about that anyway?:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

I wouldnt mind it! he'll bring over the 3-4 defense so we can get maybe 20 sacks out of orakpo like he does out of demarcus ware right now. Also Mike Zimmer has had experience with a 3-4 so regardless I hope we have the 3-4 D

Zimmer is a 4-3 guy, he went to the 3-4 under Parcells and that was his first time employing it.

OK....so if the 'boys are interested in Zimmer, we might have to root for them this week :o Also root for the Jets and Pats...I want DeCosa too! :o

I wouldnt mind it! he'll bring over the 3-4 defense so we can get maybe 20 sacks out of orakpo like he does out of demarcus ware right now. Also Mike Zimmer has had experience with a 3-4 so regardless I hope we have the 3-4 D

The thing is, we just don't really have the personnel for the 3-4. As it stands we're stacked on the D-Line but have little depth at linebacker. This defense has finished in the top 10 pretty often in the last 10 years using the 4-3. There's no need to completely re-build it when our offense appears to require the most overturn.

He also gets a lot from Ratliff who is actually way undersized for his position. I'm pretty confident he can bring in some of "his guys" to help fill gaps.

The thing is, we just don't really have the personnel for the 3-4. As it stands we're stacked on the D-Line but have little depth at linebacker. This defense has finished in the top 10 pretty often in the last 10 years using the 4-3. There's no need to completely re-build it when our offense appears to require the most overturn.

We are in a rebuilding process who cares what are current personnel is best suited to. Thats not the kind of thinking we need right now. We need to think about whats best for the next 3-5 years not next season.

I'm not so sure. Fletcher and Blades as inside backers with Orakpo and Carter as outside backers. Carter played LB in San Fran before we traded for him.

Haynesworth and Jarmon at the ends and Griffin/Montgomery at nose tackle and we have a pretty decent front seven. Yes, we would have to pickup some depth at LB. Golston is too small to play nose tackle.

Ideally, Haynesworth would be a great nose tackle if he were an unselfish player. No way he would agree to playing nose tackle just to take up space and players. He wants in on the action. So put him at right end and let him go; and find a DE to spell him from time to time.

We may not be so far from a 3-4 as people might think.

Personally, I don't like the 3-4. But there sure seems to be a lot of signs/hints that Shanny wants it.

Phillips is a good defensive coach. He was in Denver for five years. I don't think he is even being mentioned. Zimmer is first choice with Haslett second. Zimmer has also done a good job with Cincy but I haven't followed him much. I definitely like Haslett. We should be o.k. without Bum, I mean Wade.

I definitely say give Zimmer a chance, or I would prefer Jerry Gray. I know that sentiment is not popular, but I think he has worked hard for the organization and deserves a shot.

I like Gray as a leader, but I think they need to completely start over as far as coaches go. Let the players who are staying know, this is a new beginning.

I also question the job that Gray did with the Redskins secondary.

Archived