Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 interviews, 1 conclusion: Jason Campbell is not a leader

SkinsHokieFan

Apparently there was zero leadership on the team. The very next comment Portis made after the second tweet was that the only player who would have gone to management was London Fletcher. So we are talking about 52 other guys with no testicles.

Tell that to Fletcher or Sellers face.

He is the frinkin' starting QB of an NFL team for God's sake talk about no balls.

What's his excuse for the other 2.5 seasons he was a starter?

Are you serious? Did you just become a Redskins fan?

4 different coaches & schemes in 5 years, OLine is the same OLine from 4 years ago, nothing has changed there, except for the worse, running game has steadily gone downhill, only 1 WR & 1 TE to rely on throughout.

What exactly was he given to succeed with?

Tell that to Fletcher or Sellers face.

He is the frinkin' starting QB of an NFL team for God's sake talk about no balls.

If he didn't have balls he couldn't have kept getting plummeted behind that crappy o-line week after week. He's just not a vocal type leader. And, yes, that apparently does make a difference to a lot of people.

Are you serious? Did you just become a Redskins fan?

4 different coaches & schemes in 5 years, OLine is the same OLine from 4 years ago, nothing has changed there, except for the worse, running game has steadily gone downhill, only 1 WR & 1 TE to rely on throughout.

What exactly was he given to succeed with?

You mean the same OL that Portis ran behind for 1,200 & 1,500? Or the one that Betts ran behind for 1,100? Or the one that Todd Collins got behind and led us to the playoffs by winning out?

5 years in the NFL and he's still as mediocre as ever. Time to move on.

If he didn't have balls he couldn't have kept getting plummeted behind that crappy o-line week after week. He's just not a vocal type leader. And, yes, that apparently does make a difference to a lot of people.

He can take physical punishment NEVER said he couldn't but that has nothing to do with having and using balls.

All and all, no one has made any case for not keeping Campbell as a RFA. The QB boys simply spin their wheels round and round while digging their head in the sand and pretending that the OL will magically fix itself.

I got no problem with keeping him so long as we bring in Bradford, and 3 other o-lineman :)

So, we have a middle of the pack QB (stat-wise) who:

isn't a natural born leader

has good character and work ethic

doesn't seem to be able to put the team on his shoulders and "close the deal" on come back wins

sometimes seems to be over-whelmed and misses the right pass

does have some moments when it looks like he can do it

Is that about right?

So in the Predictive Index world, Jason would be someone who seems to be a low Extrovert, but high Deductive. A real high Deductive can suffer from paralysis by analysis. The "what if I fail" situation.

This type of person can succeed IF they are given permission to fail - everything doesn't have to be perfect, just that they recognize the levels of failure.

A good leader and a good mentor can work with this type of person. If Jason stays here, hopefully a new Head Coach AND a good QB coach can bring out the skills I think Jason has.

If not, I am afraid we have seen the best Jason can be. That would be a shame because he has improved each year.

Say what you want, Jason is an NFL-level QB. He is just not the team savior we all hoped for - so far.

I would have no problem if he was on our roster next year.

:helmet:The Rook

In fairness to Campbell, as Cooley pointed out, it is hard to be a leader of a team that tried so hard to get rid of you.

Nope, I believe Drew Brees did so in San Diego when they tried to replace him by drafting Rivers! He stepped his game up!

Campbell has not!

If you have read either thread today, from 2 of our biggest "stars" on offense, there is one common conclusion you can come up with.

Jason Campbell is not a leader. Its not in his nature, thats just not the type of personality he has. Its no knock on Jason as a person, but more so a QB.

Cooley stated it was because he couldn't step up due to trade rumors and his contract status

Portis talked about Jason's personality not being rah rah get in someone's face. He is calm and cool and always the same.

Its clear that if your QB is not the leader of your offense, your offense is rudderless. When I hear that Casey Rabach tried to be a leader, all I can do is laugh.

This may be the biggest reason why a QB change is needed. Not the stats, not the short passes, but leadership

But I don't think that's a good enough reason not to draft offensive line in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

He is not our future that is clear, but he is good enough in his position that we don't need to pay $30-40M guaranteed money for an unproven rookie quarterback. I'd rather trade back, get picks and fill the many needs this team has.

why is taking bradford and the best LT at #36 such a bad idea?

It isn't. But I'd rather trade back, get picks and fill the holes we have on this team.

Offensive line, running back, quarterback, outside linebacker, cornerback, and safety.

Archived