Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 interviews, 1 conclusion: Jason Campbell is not a leader

SkinsHokieFan

Wow, could this have anything to do with the former coach?

How about the possibility of no direction from the 3 offensive coordinators.

Oh let's forget that he had career years in multiple stats while playing behind one of the worst OL in the league.

Nah it's all Campbells fault! Randon bench warmer rookie to the rescue! :silly:

You make excuses for him too much. He's not a leader. Period. It's plain as day. Even Eli Manning has more fire than JC.

You mean the same OL that Portis ran behind for 1,200 & 1,500? Or the one that Betts ran behind for 1,100? Or the one that Todd Collins got behind and led us to the playoffs by winning out?

5 years in the NFL and he's still as mediocre as ever. Time to move on.

During those years, the offense changed 3 times, the play caller changed twice, JC got hurt...

...when Todd Collins ran the offense, it was an offense he had been in for 12 or so years with Saunders, so there was little adjustment for him to make, except for personnel. Plus, it was an emotional time for the team & that emotion is what catapulted the Skins into the playoffs. As I recall, they also won by fewer & fewer points after Sean's death & by the time we had gotten to the playoffs, they were spent & had no gas left to even compete with Seattle. Collins played well, but we saw quickly how limited he was.

The OLine has been porous in terms of pass protection for a while now. Nowhere near as bad as it was this year, but it's never been up to par.

Most of the things we complain about today (Cerrato, Snyder, OLine, bad play calling) were present then as well. Albeit, not as prevalent as today because of all the issues we have faced this season, but they were there & they were a problem.

How someone can see all these issues surrounding a QB & yet still try to hold him accountable for the lack of production on offense is beyond me. Name me 5 QBs that have all these things surrounding them that have succeeded. Not just one of these issues, but all of them. Bad playcalling, multiple coaches & offensive schemes to have to learn, dropped passes, running game off & on sporatically, OLine being porous & allowing him to constantly be hit....name me 5 QBs that have succeeded dealing with all that at the same time.

5 years & Campbell has YET to be given an opportunity to succeed.

You make excuses for him too much. He's not a leader. Period. It's plain as day. Even Eli Manning has more fire than JC.

And you hate on him too much. He's a Leader. Period. It's as plain as day. Eli doesn't have to deal with the bull**** that Campbell has & yet Campbell still goes out & plays his heart out.

**** Eli. It's sad that people would rather defend a rival QB over their own. Didn't the Giants just lose 2 games in a row where their opponent scored 40+ points each game & the Giants only scored 10 or less? So, when was the last time that happened with Campbell as the QB?

This is very obvious in any interview you hear with JC. He's too laid back to be a leader, this is why he will NEVER be better than an average QB; thus we need to find someone else. His personality is not fit for leadership. There have been times also when his decision making is not very good during games, sometimes his accuracy is also off.

Overall, a quarterback NEEDS to be the leader of your offense if it's going to succeed.

I know that i'll get bashed for saying this, but the vast majority of people who support JC staying in DC are african american, by far....... they will defend JC to the grave with any excuse in the book, but sorry folks, this team WILL NOT succeed with JC as QB, it's plain and simple.

there is more than one way to lead than being a tin pot dictator on the field. I subscribe to the Boy Scout "Shared" leadership methodology as best, but it certainly is not the only way to lead. (Go read some books my Maxwell and you'll see what I mean)

This is very obvious in any interview you hear with JC. He's too laid back to be a leader, this is why he will NEVER be better than an average QB; thus we need to find someone else. His personality is not fit for leadership. There have been times also when his decision making is not very good during games, sometimes his accuracy is also off.

Overall, a quarterback NEEDS to be the leader of your offense if it's going to succeed.

I know that i'll get bashed for saying this, but the vast majority of people who support JC staying in DC are african american, by far....... they will defend JC to the grave with any excuse in the book, but sorry folks, this team WILL NOT succeed with JC as QB, it's plain and simple.

Ugh, bringing race into this? For the record, I know FAR more white people who support JC than black people (see I can throw statistics out too)

Today's Jason Campbell interview regarding Portis.

His comments disqualify him from being a true leader.

He said he "held back" during the year. Duh!?!? He was sullen the entire year. He had his standards of play and did absolutely nothing beyond that. That is just one reason why he doesn't lead the team.

Oh, by the way, Jason, people are questioning your leadership. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

Here it is...

"How is he going to say I'm not a leader?" Campbell said in a lengthy phone interview. "I mean, that's just not true. To me, that's somebody who shows that they don't know what a real leader is. A leader is not someone who leads by the wrong example. A leader is someone who is trying to do the right thing and trying to lead by example, and not just [being] about themselves. There's a reason guys get selected as captains, and there's a reason guys don't get selected as captains. Obviously, he doesn't have the respect of the locker room to be a captain. For someone to try to take a shot at me at the end of the season, after they haven't even been around, only speaks about their character anyways.

"There have been a lot of things I could have come out and said. But I never went out of my way to make those things known. I never wanted those things to leave the locker room because it's no one else's business. And for those things to be said, questioning my character and questioning my leadership, I think that's not the way to go, especially when you're supposed to be a team guy. Is that being a good teammate? If that's the case, why is no one questioning my leadership and everyone is questioning his work ethic? Everyone looks at that. I'm not going to get into an argument; I don't even like talking about stuff like this because it makes no sense and it doesn't help the team, but I'm going to speak my mind on it when this is what he's saying about me."

there is more than one way to lead than being a tin pot dictator on the field. I subscribe to the Boy Scout "Shared" leadership methodology as best, but it certainly is not the only way to lead. (Go read some books my Maxwell and you'll see what I mean)

yeah definitely fill holes....

try to find another qb out there.... if not keep JC for just one more year while you fill out those holes. then fill the QB hole in 2011

Draft CJ Spiller this year, and O linemen and Db's. That should act as a bandaid for this year, and then draft a QB and new holes for 2011... we can turn this around in 2-3 yrs guys!!!!

:doh: Obviously your dislike for JC is race driven & as such, any opinion you have will be tainted because you are clearly prejudice & anything you say beyond this on the subject will have pretty much no merit.

And for the record, the fact that you would even bring the color of a person's skin into this argument at all just shows your level of intelligence.

So all the white Redskin fans want a the next great white hype? :doh:

Asked on ESPN980 why Campbell was a team captain and he wasn't, Portis replied: "I wonder the same thing. It's no disrespect to Jason, but everybody in that locker room will tell you -- you will never see Jason mad, you will never see Jason's tempo change."

I think he just described a leader.

:doh: Obviously your dislike for JC is race driven & as such,

And for the record, the fact that you would even bring the color of a person's skin into this argument at all just shows your level of intelligence.

I don't think he's correct (most of the people that support JC seem to be white, I think) but its absurd to say that his dislike is race-driven, it's not what he said at all. He was saying the support of many was racially-based. this isn't racism, it could be incorrect and probably is, but it's not malevolent racism on his part.

This is no different than the first to invoke the race card who insisted that his critics had to be racist (I even had someone tell me that his black critics COULD be racist against their own lol) Those supporters were white, but they insinuated racism on the part of their opponents. That does not mean I think that white supporters of Campbell who invoke that argument dislike white QBs lol.

So your response is overly dramatic and silly, in my reading, of the post that prompted it.

Man the race card is so last century. Nobody hates Campbell because he is black. As of matter of fact, I don't think Campbell is hated at all. He is not performing to most people standards and people want him to be replaced. It's that simple. I didn't remember people complaining that Brunell was white when we wanted Ramsey to start. We just wanted that bum to get outta here at any cost because he wasn't performing.......

Obviously Jason is sensitive to this, otherwise why do the interviews. Damage control. Jason is frustrated with the offensive line and to me, passes the blame and never takes the onus on himself. Like I said, Ben and Rodgers were sacked more. Both won nine and eleven wins respectively.

Man the race card is so last century. Nobody hates Campbell because he is black. As of matter of fact, I don't think Campbell is hated at all. He is not performing to most people standards and people want him to be replaced. It's that simple. I didn't remember people complaining that Brunell was white when we wanted Ramsey to start. ...

Thank you. I do believe that, as with any group of individuals, there are those who have a solidaristic approach to things, racial partisans if you will, but that is not nearly the vast majority of people on this issue. But I don't think that the poster who mentioned it on the last page was driven by animus, just speculating.

Wow, could this have anything to do with the former coach?

How about the possibility of no direction from the 3 offensive coordinators.

Oh let's forget that he had career years in multiple stats while playing behind one of the worst OL in the league.

Nah it's all Campbells fault! Randon bench warmer rookie to the rescue! :silly:

so we give a QB that just sits back and doesn't speak up another year? What excuse do you have for him this year? Don't say O-line, because there is no excuse of his lack of passion for the game and trying to be a leader. ****, I saw Matthew Stafford go out with a separated shoulder and toss a TD, and if you watched him during our game, he was emotional and trying to pump up his team and he's just a ****ing rookie.

Campbell has never had any fire, so yes it's Campbell's fault.

Archived