Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 interviews, 1 conclusion: Jason Campbell is not a leader

SkinsHokieFan

You don't need to scream and holler to be a leader.

Have you ever seen Peyton yell anything other than an audible? Did you see Favre do anything other then celebrate wildly or act like a baby?

Brady might be that kind of guy. And Brees might do an epic speech before hand. But its not like you need to be pissed off to be a good leader.

s Don't say O-line, because there is no excuse of his lack of passion for the game and trying to be a leader. ****,

Totally disagree with this. If he didn't have passion for the game, he wouldn't be known as being the first one to Redskins Park everyday and the last one to leave.

Campbell has never had any fire, so yes it's Campbell's fault.

I do agree that he doesn't have any fire in his personality, but not that it's all his fault. It's a team sport.

CP shouldn't have said what he said, and he's a douche for doing so, but that doesn't change the fact that he's right. Jason is way too mild mannered for the position. Look at the top QB's in the league the last several years:

P. Manning - LEADER

Favre - LEADER

Brees - LEADER

Ben - LEADER

Rivers - LEADER

Brady - LEADER

Warner - LEADER

Jason - nice guy.

That's the biggest problem.

Totally disagree with this. If he didn't have passion for the game, he wouldn't be known as being the first one to Redskins Park everyday and the last one to leave.

I do agree that he doesn't have any fire in his personality, but not that it's all his fault. It's a team sport.

Man, I can show up early to work every day, doesn't mean I'm doing **** to be productive....

];7191423']You don't need to scream and holler to be a leader.

Have you ever seen Peyton yell anything other than an audible? Did you see Favre do anything other then celebrate wildly or act like a baby?

Brady might be that kind of guy. And Brees might do an epic speech before hand. But its not like you need to be pissed off to be a good leader.

do you watch ****ing NFL football besides the Skins? Obviously not, because I do, and I have seen Peyton, Favre and Brady rip into their WRs, RBs, etc. when they don't execute. Most good QBs do that.......but I don't expect you to see that in our burgundy and gold blinders.....:cool2:

Originally Posted by Riggins77 viewpost.gif

s Don't say O-line, because there is no excuse of his lack of passion for the game and trying to be a leader. ****,

Yeah I disagree with Riggins77, the issue isn't that Jason doesn't have passion for the game, it's lack of fire in his personality. A QB has to be able to take charge in the huddle and Jason doesn't do that. Might explain his inability to lead 4th quarter comebacks with the game on the line.

I 'm tired of Portis critizing his teammates... Jason Campbell may not be a leader but at least he's not a cancer like clinton portis. He complains about everyone else and never blames himself. I can't wait until i read the headline "Mike Shanahan/ Bruce Allen cut Clinton Portis."

If you have read either thread today, from 2 of our biggest "stars" on offense, there is one common conclusion you can come up with.

Jason Campbell is not a leader. Its not in his nature, thats just not the type of personality he has. Its no knock on Jason as a person, but more so a QB.

Cooley stated it was because he couldn't step up due to trade rumors and his contract status

Portis talked about Jason's personality not being rah rah get in someone's face. He is calm and cool and always the same.

Its clear that if your QB is not the leader of your offense, your offense is rudderless. When I hear that Casey Rabach tried to be a leader, all I can do is laugh.

This may be the biggest reason why a QB change is needed. Not the stats, not the short passes, but leadership

Your sig doesn't at all tell us where you stand on Jason Campbell. . . :rolleyes:

So based on what Portis said, he is saying that Campbell is not the leader that everyone thinks? Where is Portis and why doesn't he have a Captain's Patch on his jersey? Probably because he would not get voted captain because of his seemingly selfish attitude. I am sorry, but for Jason Campbell to put up the numbers he has over the year, you can't just throw this guy out and have nothing to fall back on. Sam Bradford could fall down on his way to the combine and break his shoulder! We need an offensive line, even if we draft Bradford, he will get killed back there and could possibly hurt more than just his shoulder. Campbell is mobile and has a rocket arm. Shanahan can coach him and get him to play.

Hell, if he can get Jake Plummer to play, why not Campbell? Campbell has shown a lot this year and I hope that they keep him around because we really don't have another option. I would rather they gave Colt a shot than draft Bradford who really didn't impress me all that much. All you have to do is look at the Florida game last year to see why.

To become a good leader, Jason only needs to first become a good football player. His character/personality is not what hinders him and prevents him from being a good leader, his play on the football field is what determines that.

If JC's skills were like Peyton's, noone would question his leadership. The authority to lead MUST come from somewhere, usually it comes from accomplishments, NOT from personality.

Being an aggressive extrovert with a dominating personality is not a pre-requisite for leadership. Case 'n point: Joe Gibbs. His leadership was unquestioned due to his accomplishments, not due to his aw-shucks, humble personality.

Well looks like we know how our new coach feels about JC. Just posted in Breaking news.

He did not like Jason Campbell coming out of college » That’s according to a Denver source. But not sure what he didn’t like or if he’s changed his mind. The same person doubts he’d want to keep Clinton Portis, though that could be a monetary decision as much as anything.

I don't think he's correct (most of the people that support JC seem to be white, I think) but its absurd to say that his dislike is race-driven, it's not what he said at all. He was saying the support of many was racially-based. this isn't racism, it could be incorrect and probably is, but it's not malevolent racism on his part.

What he said was "but the vast majority of people who support JC staying in DC are african american, by far....... they will defend JC to the grave with any excuse in the book,"

Sorry, Dude. That's a racist remark. He may as well have said, "those colored people like the black QB because he is black & don't care whether he is good or not, just that he is black." That is racist. Plain & simple. Otherwise, why on Earth would he say something like that?

So your response is overly dramatic and silly, in my reading, of the post that prompted it.

Racism is still very alive in this country & when someone says something about the color of the people supporting the QB as an angle for an argument, albeit a weak angle, it's not only unnecessary & uncalled for, it's racist.

So, I don't really care if you agree with me or not & I don't really care if you think I'm being overly dramatic. I think racism is disgusting. And I think his remark was brimming with racism & I take offense to it.

Man the race card is so last century. Nobody hates Campbell because he is black.

Ya know, maybe you should read the post before commenting. No one said one thing about hating Campbell because he is black.

And despite your belief that racism is "so last century," racism is still very alive in this country. Why do you think the Rooney Rule exists? :doh: :doh: :doh:

As of matter of fact, I don't think Campbell is hated at all. He is not performing to most people standards and people want him to be replaced. It's that simple.

You mean, except for all the black people who are obvious supporters of Campbell no matter what he does?

I didn't remember people complaining that Brunell was white when we wanted Ramsey to start. We just wanted that bum to get outta here at any cost because he wasn't performing.......

Well, DUUUUUUUUHHHH!!! :doh:

You mean no one played the race card when the white guy replaced the white guy? Say it aint' sooooooooo.......

:rolleyes:

This argument just proves them right for trying to get rid of him...

Cooley's statement was JC has tried to be the leader and it's not that he does a bad job, and he feels JC will be the starter next year, but all the turmoil surrounding (trade talks) him has made it hard to run team in a leadership role

So they tried to get rid of him during the offseason which was before this season, which Cooley is talking about, when they made the statements that Cooley thinks is the reason JC had a hard time being the leader this season even before the season began. How do you do that? Time travel? :whoknows:

The Redskins dont have a leader. London Fletcher is the closest thing but he's not a rah rah guy either. Leadership comes from the top and trickles down. Our owner must get a coach who can lead men and instill leadership in his players. Jason Campbell has lead by example which is all he needs to do at this point because our organization keeps cutting the rug from under him. He hasn't had enough structure and time to be an effective leader. Get rid of all the old players who were here before Campbell and JC can be an effective leader of the team. ( Daniels, Portis, Moss, Griffin, and Randy Thomas. That's how you create leadership by making a statement and endorsing the QB. McNabb and T.O, Romo sits to pee and T.O.. Once those teams got rid of T.O that made a statement to the entire team.

I didn't see Portis or Cooley on the sidelines. Why do they get to say who is the leader and who is not? Portis is obviously hated, Cooley is a big "me" guy too with his self promoting.

That's your opinion and not all truth but either way he produces on the field.

Well looks like we know how our new coach feels about JC. Just posted in Breaking news.

He did not like Jason Campbell coming out of college » That’s according to a Denver source. But not sure what he didn’t like or if he’s changed his mind. The same person doubts he’d want to keep Clinton Portis, though that could be a monetary decision as much as anything.

Good and I hope he jettisons his ass sooner rather then later.

Archived