Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did we turn away Cowher?

E44

Give me Cowher any day over Shanny. We need a coach who will ****slap some of these slackers, no matter the salary and call them out. We need a team builder and that starts with accountability.

We have a quarterback who no other team wanted when available. That tells you everything you need to know. Cowher would likely kick Campbell to the curb and start building an offensive line. He knows a thing or two about the importance of that 'little' item, much like Shanny and unlike anyone currently in the Redskin mgmt.

He could also tune our 'D' to be much better than they currently are, which is saying something. I would hope he would cease and desist with the 'Orakpo' experiment forthwith and make the man a defensive end period. Sacks speak louder than words ... or 'concepts'.

Bring me the 'Chin'.

I rather have Cowher over Shanahan, to be honest. Shanahan is nothing more than an offensive coordinator at best. He doesn't know how to coach defense, period. Cowher on the other hand is the type of coach who focuses on all aspects of football: defense, offense and special teams.

Cowher was so indispensible in Pittsburgh that they won a Super Bowl shortly after he departed :)

Cowher to me is a good coach. But like Andy Reid, you have to question why his HOME record in Title game appearances is 1-4.

Like his mentor Marty Schottenheimer, he had problems winning in the postseason until 2005.

OK. Campbell did throw for 3600 yds. basically on his a**. I know with anything resembling a talented O-line he would be better than workable, at the least. So I'll give him a pass because Shanny doesn't have many options in that area.

The test is do we draft a top left tackle propect and continue to draft for the O-line.

Cower has never fully stated that he wants to coach this year.

Why would he? He's got a TV deal, he's being a good employee. If the price and place are right, he'd want to... he's not in a hurry, but he can't wait too long... he wanted at least 1-2 years off to decompress...

I rather have Cowher over Shanahan, to be honest. Shanahan is nothing more than an offensive coordinator at best. He doesn't know how to coach defense, period. Cowher on the other hand is the type of coach who focuses on all aspects of football: defense, offense and special teams.

Cowher had some GREAT assistants that were focusing on all aspects of football. Cowher wasn't the Defensive Genious. That would be Dick Lebeau. Also, they had Whisenhut as their OC during the one Super Bowl Cowher during his 14th season as HC.

And Shanny won 2 superbowls eventually because of John Elway.

I don't see any 'Elway's around here.

He also got to 4 playoff appearances after Elway, and made it to the Championship without him. Mike won the first SuperBowl the third year he was there.

How many Super Bowls did Elway win before Shanahan? Why didn't Elway carry the previous coach to a Superbowl win during one of the 12 years before Shanahan got there?

That whole argument is so flawed.

And Shanny won 2 superbowls eventually because of John Elway.

I don't see any 'Elway's around here.

and Elway lost 3 SBs before Shanny was his coach and TD was his RB. So you can flip that saying Elway needed Shanny to win the big game instead of Shanny needed Elway....just saying.

What exactly did Elway win before Shanny got to Denver?

Not saying Shanny and Elway weren't a great tandem. It takes more than a great QB or HC. In Denver's case it took an impressive O-line and Terrell Davis to seal the deal.

But I still would rather have Cowher. Both choices like to run the show. Both like to run the ball. But Cowher has the aggression and mindset of a player. To me this organization has been PLAGUED FOR YEARS by easy money and a total lack of accountability. JG II tried to turn this around but even that was a mixed result considering the money thrown at 'Noodle arm'.

In the end, flip a coin.

Not saying Shanny and Elway weren't a great tandem. It takes more than a great QB or HC. In Denver's case it took an impressive O-line and Terrell Davis to seal the deal.

But I still would rather have Cowher. Both choices like to run the show. Both like to run the ball. But Cowher has the aggression and mindset of a player. To me this organization has been PLAGUED FOR YEARS by easy money and a total lack of accountability. JG II tried to turn this around but even that was a mixed result considering the money thrown at 'Noodle arm'.

In the end, flip a coin.

I don't see Shanahan taking any crap from any players either. He may not be that big grizzly Chin staring at you, but Mike can just as easy blow a gasket on a dumbass player. I don't think we will have to worry about players taking advantage of Mike.

San Diego's second stringers might have to disagree with you on that count.

Don't you think that Blatche non attacking scheme is at the root of most of our def's problems? I blame the DC more than the players at this point. Players playing the wrong positions, being out of position on the field, etc.

Archived