Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many of us are really excited about Mike Shanahan

gobigred

Denver failed to win games not because of the Denver offense. I trust Shanahan to be a good offensive coordinator. If he leaves the Redskins defense in good hands, I have full faith in him. Denver was in the top 7 in offense in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005. They dropped to 21st in 2006, and were up to 11th in 2007. 3 of those years they were in the top 5. I would call that a HUGE improvement over what we have. If we get at least one thing out of Shanahan being here, it will hopefully be a vastly improved offense.

I'm not at al excited. I think Snyder just hired another friend to play golf with. :( If Shanahan keeps CP I'll blow my brains out.:mad:

hey no need to go that far, we like you around here...

I'm almost numb at this point. I'm waiting on the draft, and then go from there. I think Shanny is an upgrade from Zorn though.

I am not excited at all. 2 years and out. I don't see them going 8-8 or better. They will lose. Leadership is the only thing Shanny brings. His son as Offensive coord. will be horrible as he is now. And Def. Coord. I heard will most likely be some nobody from the Bengals. Wow. How far has the Redskins Ofganization fallen?

Fact is, Texans offense is average at best. Bengals defense is less than average at best. And Shanny made the playoffs and 2 superbowls with John Elway. -Not Jason Campbell.

Yet it took you 11 seasons since Danny got here to figure that out? I knew the guy was bad news in May of 99 when he bought the team. And he's only 45 so he's going to be around for several more decades, so get used to it. Good for you if you don't want to give Danny any more of your money, hopefully though you're still a fan of the team.

You are right Jeff, I will always be a sucker for the skins but have found that after the Detroit game and the Giant game on Monday nite, I just don't have any more enthusiasm to spend hours in traffic, long lines at the bathroom or waiting to get in, and high prices to attend live games for awhile.

Meh.

No doubt its a step in the right direction, but how many years was Shanahan in Denver, and how many Championships did he win without Elway and Davis?

That's not a serious question. The Redskins have given themselves at least a chance to be competitive every year. And the only guy I would rank in front of Shanahan is probably Cowher. But "excited"? Not exactly.

yup like asking Jimmy Johnson without his big 3...

Joe Gibbs without the Hogs...

you can also say what did John Elway did without Shanahan... couldnt win the big one until Shanahan became his coach.

And, let's not forget that John Elway was well past his prime and closer towards the end of his career when Shannon and John paired up to win a couple of those Super Bowls!

After this past year's debacle, the coup d'état of the last 10 years under Snyder, the Redskins have truly conditioned me not to get excited about anything they announce or do.

I've been a 'Skins fan for about 37 years. There have always been reasons, so it seemed, to be excited for one thing or another. But I am now officially taking a wait-and-see approach to everything Redskins. I'd love to see them succeed, but I'm going to be a hard skeptic to convince. This year was the first time in 37 years I've actually been ashamed of my favorite sports team on earth.

Having said all that, I hope it all turns around. Go 'Skins!

Gotta admit I'm pretty stoked right now. Figure this guy gets it. He know's Football and how to build a Team. Are we going to the Super Bowl next year= NO. But I feel Shanahan can get us to be a playoff caliber team again, and I'm not talking about backing into wildcard spots, but actually finishing 1st in our division...

I like the hiring of Allen and not too thrilled about the Shanny signing. He better not keep Portis. He better not keep Rogers. Lets see how well he can evaluate the current roster. Can he lead a bunch of spoiled millionaires to not think of themselves first? Time will tell. When will his honeymoon end? Before the draft or after the draft?

I for one am excited about the potential for change, but also jaded from the Redskins pre-season splashes in the past never working out very well.

The main problem with the Redskins: Dan Synder does not have a good eye for talent when it comes to hiring people.

How else could you keep Cerrato so long? Look at the coaches he brought in...

Marty - one and done

Spurrier - what a joke

Gibbs - was past his prime and he did OK but was a shadow of former self

Zorn - let's just say this was not the best man out there

He's picked players past their prime, and coaches past their prime. Why should this move be anything different? From the coach selections he flips between unproven guys and the "name" coach. Since Zorn was unproven it was time for a "name" to come in.

There are some things about the move that are good:

1. Hiring Shanahan forced Synder to fire Cerrato.

2. PR - Redskins needed some good PR after being laughing stock

3. Kyle Shanahan - A bright young coordinator that will instantly help our offense

4. Discipline - team needs discipline and work ethic

The defensive coordinator pick and his dealing with the holes on the team will be critical in the coming months.

I am hoping for the best but won't get too excited until there are results on the field and not just in the news.

I got really excited last night when I heard Adam Schefter talking about how Shanahan has spent his time away from the game studying other teams. He spent time with the Steelers and Pats this summer. He also spent time with Urban Meyer of Florida. Gotta love when a coach is going around picking other coaches' brains and trying to figure out ways to get better. He is hungry to prove to everyone he can win without Elway.

After listening to the Junkies interview with Bill Romanowski. I am even more excited with the hiring of Allen and Shanahan. Remember Romanowski played under Shanahan when they won the Superbowl and with the Raiders under Allen. He had nothing but praise for both men and this guy has no problem speaking out.

• 8 months later...
After this past year's debacle, the coup d'état of the last 10 years under Snyder, the Redskins have truly conditioned me not to get excited about anything they announce or do.

I've been a 'Skins fan for about 37 years. There have always been reasons, so it seemed, to be excited for one thing or another. But I am now officially taking a wait-and-see approach to everything Redskins. I'd love to see them succeed, but I'm going to be a hard skeptic to convince. This year was the first time in 37 years I've actually been ashamed of my favorite sports team on earth.

Having said all that, I hope it all turns around. Go 'Skins!

Hey Skinsfan 51, are you still in a wait and see mode or have the Skins showed you enough to be excited about the season.

One thing I can say is that I'm glad the offense sputtered and not the defense. I love the 13-7 game much more than a 35-30 game. I am not worried about the offense one bit. Everyone will see how good this offense is during the Houston game. If the defense comes to play every week the Skins will win the NFC East.

Archived