Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many of us are really excited about Mike Shanahan

gobigred

This franchise is so pitiful and the fans are holding their collective breaths for some good news. I wonder how many fans are like me and will turn in their tickets or at least sell them at season's start so as not to support "The Danny and his fantasy football franchise."

Yet it took you 11 seasons since Danny got here to figure that out? I knew the guy was bad news in May of 99 when he bought the team. And he's only 45 so he's going to be around for several more decades, so get used to it. Good for you if you don't want to give Danny any more of your money, hopefully though you're still a fan of the team.

im very excited about shanahan. his denver teams were always in the playoffs it seems. his teams always played tough in the division. and denver could always run the ball. i would love to see the skins get back to running the ball with success. it will take time but how can u not be excited about having a gm and soon a great head coach working together to build a consistant winner. FINALLY, ELWAY AND SHANAHAN MIGHT NOT HAVE WON 2 SUPER BOWLS WITHOUT TERRELL DAVIS.

What did Elway do without Shanahan? Did he ever have defensive talent to go along with his offense?

Shanahan is one of the best coaches in the NFL the past 20 years. He was a terrific coordinator and a very good leader. Players played hard for him, liked him, and he handled discipline exceptionally well. He has a great pedigree and is well liked by most coaches.

I am thrilled with the prospect of landing him.

EXACTLY!Lets just hope we land him REAL soon.Like tonight.....Lets get this team competitive again.Lets see this team become winners and wont accept anything less.

What did Jimmy Johnson do without Aikman and Emmett?

What did Dungy do without Peyton?

Other than Gibbs, what do most people do without a HOF QB?

Shanny won 13 games and knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs in 05 with Jake Plummer at QB. You can argue that's one of the best seasons a team has had with a mediocre QB in a long time.

I hate to say it but I was never a big fan of Shanahan. Seemed too much like Wiley Coyote. Had a reputation in Denver of being arrogant and had a "what we do here works" attitude at the end of his stay. Maybe the break will have re-charged his batteries and fixed his attitude.

I hope so.

I really would like to see a respectable team and organization again. I would be happy if we were just competitive.

After dealing with cerrato and zorn yes this is good. Heck even cowgirl and midget fans aren't saying anything bad about this... But

A well see approch! Haaaa ok I love it but don't expect to be good next year this is gonna take a couple of seasons to fix or more. Be patient everyone

As I deffinitly see us taking the nfc east once again! All in time!

I'm 44 years old (today)

All I know is what I see after 3 hours of watching the Skins every Sunday.

Shanahan,Cower,Gruden or whoever.It doesnt matter.

At this point im going with seeing is believing.

And anything short of a Dynasty is unacceptable.

Not a one and done SB ring but a DYNASTY

Shanny won 13 games and knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs in 05 with Jake Plummer at QB. You can argue that's one of the best seasons a team has had with a mediocre QB in a long time.

True. And don't forget Cohwer taking the Steelers to the Super Bowl on the back of Neil O donnel.

LOL. I'd settle for a wild card playoff berth.

That attitude is what's wrong with the fanbase.

Satisfaction with anything but three more Lombardis by the end of the decade is unacceptable. Stop settling; stop being happy with anything but the ONLY reason that the sport is played: To be the best consistently.

What did Elway do w/o Shanny?

Before Shanny...0 Super Bowls

With Shanny...2 Super Bowls

or is the real question what did Elway and Shanny do without Terrell Davis, and Davis do without Sharp........

basically the truth is that Shanahan knows it takes a team not individuals. (that may be why he traded Portis???)

I'm excited.I already felt depression setting in when I thought Vinny would be here for another year.Bruce Allen being our GM is the first sign that the ship is starting to head to in the right direction.Shanahan is just icing on the cake.No place to go but up at this point and I have no doubt that this team will have a different attitude when Shanahan is hired as our coach.

I'm excited.I already felt depression setting in when I thought Vinny would be here for another year.Bruce Allen being our GM is the first sign that the ship is starting to head to in the right direction.Shanahan is just icing on the cake.No place to go but up at this point and I have no doubt that this team will have a different attitude when Shanahan is hired as our coach.

+1.:helmet:

Archived