1999 Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Won

2000 New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Won

2002 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Won

2004 St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks Won

2004 Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings Lost

2007 Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants Lost

2008 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens Won

Overall: 12-7

Basically 2 out of 3. I do not understand this argument regarding the Eagles winning on Saturday.

Football is not necessarily a game of independent events. It's not roulette. But beating a team twice, convincingly, strongly suggests that it is likely that 3-0 will happen. The historical data (which really does mean nothing as far as the current game) also suggests this. Why is this being tossed around???

If you want to argue that the Eagles are going to win, let's base it with a real football argument. I know none of us Skins fans want the Cowboys to win but there aren't many logical arguments that suggest they won't.

Why flip out about it? If people genuinely believe that Dallas and Philly are on roughly level footing talent-wise they have every reason to believe that Philly could come away with the win.

I'm not flipping out :) If that is the argument, then fine. But it is much tougher to make that argument after a 24-0 beatdown.

What I really hope to convey is that the whole 'three times in one season' difficulty has been overstated, mainly due to Dallas in 2007.

It will be tough, but the difference this year from most years is that the Cowboys finished the season VERY strong. The defense is playing lights out. My only concern is that the offense is having a little trouble finishing drives. That hasn't meant anything the last two weeks when Dallas hasn't allowed a single point, but it could very well mean something should the defense have an off night.

Well based on that list, it is at least difficult for the Cowboys to beat a team 3 times in one season. :)

Oh and the 3 times in one season is not just big b/c of the cowboys in '07, it was big prior to that. It is all I kept hearing about in '00 when the Giants were facing the Eagles in the playoffs.

;)

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'

guys your ruining my day :mad:

This reeks of a Philly win........Dammit to hell it reeks. Dallas has played well the last few weeks, but that wont stop em from another playoff disaster, GOD *****

Oh well, it is good to have a rooting interest this late in the season...................:D

I know none of us Skins fans want the Cowboys to win but there aren't many logical arguments that suggest they won't.

I actually will be rooting for the Cowboys.

Two division rivals are playing so any animosity I have for them as a Skins fan is pretty equal. The tiebreak is that the Cowboys don't have Vick on their team and I can't root for any team with that POS as a member of their team.

So go Cowboys!

But I can't help but notice that two of the teams that failed to win the 3rd time was in fact the Dallas Cowboys.

I still think that they will crush Philly next week but they do have a rough recent history going against them.

Actually, the two Dallas choke jobs here are probably the biggest reason for the "three times in one season" thing.

On a serious note, I really don't think something that happened in the 1998 season is going to affect Saturday's game. Possibly something mental from 2007, but I doubt Romo sits to pee is going to be thinking about 2007 while shifting protection and breaking down coverage.

But I hope it does :) GB beat Minny by 3 both times and then lost in the playoffs... Eagles would have a much better argument if they'd only lost by 6 total points.

The three times in one season argument is complete bullcrap. It's odd that most of the population believes it is valid.

Who started the myth?

People probably say that it's hard to beat a team three times simply because teams usually don't get the chance to do it.

A team that is beaten twice by the same opponent usually doesn't make the the playoffs. Therefore it is hard to beat a team that doesn't make it. Therefore it is hard to beat a team three times.

I actually will be rooting for the Cowboys.

Two division rivals are playing so any animosity I have for them as a Skins fan is pretty equal. The tiebreak is that the Cowboys don't have Vick on their team and I can't root for any team with that POS as a member of their team.

So go Cowboys!

But I can't help but notice that two of the teams that failed to win the 3rd time was in fact the Dallas Cowboys.

I still think that they will crush Philly next week but they do have a rough recent history going against them.

Still on that Vick thing!? Christ, seek counseling dude. I hope the Iggles win but whoever comes out on top there will be SOME kind of hell to pay in either Philly or Dallas the next day. Believe that

The smartest thing the Eagles could have done was let the Cowboys crush them last week, knowing they'd play a week later. Think about it: the Cowboys are ****y, and this would take them off guard. Do you think they thought about this, and decided not to show their cards until they meet when it counts?

The smartest thing the Eagles could have done was let the Cowboys crush them last week, knowing they'd play a week later. Think about it: the Cowboys are ****y, and this would take them off guard. Do you think they thought about this, and decided not to show their cards until they meet when it counts?

No...giving up that #2 seed is way too much of a price to pay. Their path to the Super Bowl just became much, much harder as the #6 seed and 3 games on the road vs at least 1 at home, in the second round, and potentially another in the NFCCG.

In my opinion the reason why the Cowboys won 24-0 in Dallas was the early penalties that the Eagles had and the lack of them on the Dallas side. Home teams get the benefit of calls a lot of times but it seems Dallas gets more than there share of them. Dallas doesn't play mistake free ball but a lot of calls get over looked by the refs when it comes to Dallas this year. Jerry Jones opened up a new stadium, he has a new jumbotron that is just barely legal, they haven't won in Dec/Jan or even in the playoffs since 1996 and all this seems to be set up for them to dash all those demons with a win this weekend. So is it just purely a matter of good play or is it the NFL refs giving them a little break here and there so they can be successful?

In my opinion, It is a little of that and some strong play by there team in recent weeks but at the end of this weekend we will see the playoff losing streak continue because the pressure will be too great for them to succeed. When this Dallas team has faced this type of challenge they aren't successful and no NFC East team has been very successful in completing the sweep of the regular season and in the playoffs except for the NY Giants over the Eagles in 2000. Dallas and Philly are equally matched and one thing that Reid has over Wade is a proven playoff winning percentage. The other reason Dallas will lose is because Wade learned how to lose in the playoffs from the #1 playoff choker of a coach in Marty Schottenheimer. Like Marty, Wade has been a successful winner in the regular season but a failure in the playoffs.

So my pick is Eagles 27 Dallas 24

In my opinion the reason why the Cowboys won 24-0 in Dallas was the early penalties that the Eagles had and the lack of them on the Dallas side. Home teams get the benefit of calls a lot of times but it seems Dallas gets more than there share of them. Dallas doesn't play mistake free ball but a lot of calls get over looked by the refs when it comes to Dallas this year. Jerry Jones opened up a new stadium, he has a new jumbotron that is just barely legal, they haven't won in Dec/Jan or even in the playoffs since 1996 and all this seems to be set up for them to dash all those demons with a win this weekend. So is it just purely a matter of good play or is it the NFL refs giving them a little break here and there so they can be successful?

In my opinion, It is a little of that and some strong play by there team in recent weeks but at the end of this weekend we will see the playoff losing streak continue because the pressure will be too great for them to succeed. When this Dallas team has faced this type of challenge they aren't successful and no NFC East team has been very successful in completing the sweep of the regular season and in the playoffs except for the NY Giants over the Eagles in 2000. Dallas and Philly are equally matched and one thing that Reid has over Wade is a proven playoff winning percentage. The other reason Dallas will lose is because Wade learned how to lose in the playoffs from the #1 playoff choker of a coach in Marty Schottenheimer. Like Marty, Wade has been a successful winner in the regular season but a failure in the playoffs.

So my pick is Eagles 27 Dallas 24

The Cowboys do not get any benefit of the doubt from the refs. You can look up all time stats and it is mind boggling that the Cowboys have managed to rack up penalties like it's their job.

You don't need to look any further than the blatant late hit that Clemons put on Romo sits to pee when the game was already over. Everybody knew the Eagles were going to try to take cheap shots to increase their chances for the following game. Romo sits to pee was hit a solid 2 full seconds after he released the ball and was hit in the head. I'm still shocked it wasn't called, but oh well, used to it by now.

Archived