Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Todd McShay Draft-surprising

hitmandm

Would not surprise me. The Rams HC is former New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. I would expect him to build a stout defense first; and he believed in building from the defensive line out.

Besides, a LOT of scouts believe none of the current crop of QBs warrant a top ten selection.

Pretty much. Also, Suh is just the overall best player, so I would expect the bad news Rams to take the best player since they need to fill every position on the field.

Guys, Do we have the #4 or #5 pick in this years draft? Me and everyone in my office can't figure it out. I saw something on comcast about a tiebreaker needed between us and KC, what is the skinny on that? Thanks in advance!

BRING ON SHANAHAN!

We have the #4 pick. The tie breaker is bases on strength of schedule. KC had a harder strength of schedule meaning that we suck more than they do. That's why we get the #4 pick and KC gets the #5.

Guys, Do we have the #4 or #5 pick in this years draft? Me and everyone in my office can't figure it out. I saw something on comcast about a tiebreaker needed between us and KC, what is the skinny on that? Thanks in advance!

BRING ON SHANAHAN!

skins have the fourth pick

it is on espn website right now and being televised on there bottom line the skin have number 4

The offensive line needs to be a focus. However, if taking a QB in this draft fits into the 3-4 year plan of the new FO and coaching staff I see no reason to be upset.

I'm in the same boat.

If Snyderrato were still in charge, I'd be screaming Oline with the 4th pick just like I've been screaming Dline for several years.

But if Shanahan is the new coach and he loves one of the QBs and he and Allen feel that they are indeed worthy of #4, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and go with it.

McShay, and Scouts Inc., is a joke.

He had Jake Locker as the number one overall player when there were reports that Locker was a second or third rounder.

In fairness, though, I think Locker would be the #1 QB in the draft if he were coming out. He's just a rare combination of size, arm strength, speed, and skill. Probably needs another year of seasoning, but I think he'd be a top 3 pick if he came out this year (which is why it's surprising he didn't). The reports that Locker was a 2nd or 3rd rounder were very early in the season and I honestly never understood them even then. He's a 1st rounder and has been for a while.

if i had to choose between Bradford & Clausen, i would choose Clausen

Good call. Take the joker that announced his college decision at the hall of fame, gets knocked out by a drunk at the bar, and spikes his hair to the point of FAA height resctrictions. Clausen is an *******. He is the next Ryan Leaf.

Bradford in his 2.5 year career has only thrown for 8400 yds and 88 TDs.

McShay, and Scouts Inc., is a joke.

He had Jake Locker as the number one overall player when there were reports that Locker was a second or third rounder.

Yep... The QB class is sub-par... the OL class is stacked, none are great, but so many good ones worth late first rounders... That is why I'd like to trade down.

Yep... The QB class is sub-par... the OL class is stacked, none are great, but so many good ones worth late first rounders... That is why I'd like to trade down.

Actually, offensive tackle is considered the weakest position in this year's draft. To paraphrase what Kiper said in his chat last week, "this is not the year to find a franchise left tackle".

I would like to know what makes this QB class "sub-par". What then is considered "par"? Seem like more often than not, the QB class is considered "sub-par".

When you have a guy like Bradford, McCoy, and Claussen coming out, it doesn't seem like it would be "sub-par" IMO. Thats pretty solid if I say so myself.

O-line is weak this year.

I agree. You have Okung who is a top 5 pick. There is Davis out of Rutgers who is shooting up the boards and could easily be in the top 10. After that, there is Bruce Campbell is NOT nearly as good as people are saying and want him to be because he is from MD. He is a top 20 pick. But I'm not sure if there is another tackle worth a first round grade, IMHO.

Compared to the past couple of years, this years OL class is not as stacked.

I'm in the same boat.

But if Shanahan is the new coach and he loves one of the QBs and he and Allen feel that they are indeed worthy of #4, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and go with it.

that's my take. if they feel that one of the QB's in this draft is a Franchise QB, then you have to take him. Draft Oline for the rest of the draft, sign FA's, but you can't pass on a guy who is a franchise QB.

At the same time, I don't think you take a guy 'hoping' he can be a franchise quarterback. You have to do your homework and make the most informed unemotional decision possilbe.

I just don't know what the knock on Clausen is. He seems to me to be the best QB to comeing uot of college in the last few years. Miles ahead of Stafford. I mean he runs a pro style offense. He reads defences, makes good decisions and completed a healthy percentage of passes. How can some people see Stafford as a franchise QB and think Clausen doesn't belong in the first round. Baffles me.

If we were to trade down, I'd be okay with a late first round OT/OG and an early second round QB (Pike or McCoy).

The more I read and see I'm not too sold on Bradford or Clausen. I agree with one of the above posts that Clausen looks like Leaf 2.0 just based on his attitude....but even then I think QB's need a little attitude to be good in the NFL. I just think it's too up in the air. There is no Stafford that is just the obvious pick, whether he works out or not, and #4 overall with the huge salary and the overall damage it can do mentally to bust on a big time QB is just a little too much for me to be comfortable.

But I do agree if our next coach wants Bradford or Clausen, they should go ahead and take him. I'd just rather play it a lot safer, take a solid OL prospect late 1st and throw in a early 2nd QB. That's IF we can trade back.

If the debate is between QB or LT; The "Chris Samuels" or LT philosophy has got us to this point.

First we need a competent offensive scheme.

Second we need a QB that is capable of running the offense.

Then add OL as needed that wasn't filled through free agency.

Is anyone else worried about the OU qb's not being successful in the NFL? Is it there system, it seems that they are only good in college and can't cut on the next level. What QB under stoops has gone on to be successful in the NFL?

Best bet is to trade down and get best available OL in lower part of 1st then scoop a Lefevour QB from Cmich in the second round, he is a more mobile Big Ben type of QB.

Is anyone else worried about the OU qb's not being successful in the NFL? Is it there system, it seems that they are only good in college and can't cut on the next level.

People made the same argument about Percy Harvin 12 mths ago.

No UF receivers make it....Percy is a bust, etc.

You either have "it" or you don't. Bradford appears to have "it".

Archived